My Restaurant Rules

Remove this Banner Ad

myrestaurantrulesthemintleaf47.jpg

myrestaurantrulesthemintleaf62.jpg

myrestaurantrulestelea1wx.jpg

jmerino said:
Did anyone watch last night, I was out, can you give a rundown please.

They showed the secret reviewer (John Levethan from the Age) and his trips to Brisbane and Adelaide.

The Brisbane team were in the process of changing their menu, so it was probably the worst time for a reviewer to visit. Levethan was very keen to try Brisbane's food, but he didn't give it a good review - he was very disappointed with the main courses (he was scathing about the fish and the risotto).

Onto Adelaide, and he got the feeling that the waitress knew that he was the reviewer. So they showed some byplay as he tried to put her off the scent. He gave Adelaide a glowing review.

They did quite a bit on Perth and their chef problems. The Mint Leaf borrowed some chefs from the Perth team that won last year. They also showed some of their current cook talking about the current problems within the restaurant. I reckon Andre knows that barring a miracle, Perth will be the next to be eliminated.

Sydney are now selling Pink Salt t-shirts, and there wasn't too much news from Melbourne.

I only caught bits of the show last night - darn Channel 7 and their schedule changes but from what I've seen I've come to the conclusion that Sandy is actually responsible for most of the problems at the Mint Leaf. The woman has no clue.

Andre is on the phone to a potential Chef - something I'd consider fairly important to worry about - and Sandy demands the phone so she can ask him some questions, which sounds perfectly reasonable until she gets on the phone and asks "are you okay working with 2 mugs who know nothing about restaurants?". Sandy then hands the phone back to Andre and says he's okay.... :confused: What on earth did she glean from that?

And the part about how the pink salt t-shirts accentuate the waitresses busts...which the cameras seemed determined to show in great detail.

Honestly, they're probably no different to any other tight t-shirt, but it you point peoples attention to that area, they're always going to look bigger/more noticable.

Not that it was a *bad* perve...

telsor said:
And the part about how the pink salt t-shirts accentuate the waitresses busts...which the cameras seemed determined to show in great detail.

Honestly, they're probably no different to any other tight t-shirt, but it you point peoples attention to that area, they're always going to look bigger/more noticable.

What was amusing was that the girls didn't have large busts at all, so if that was accentuated you must need a magnifying glass to find them normally!

The tshirts really highlighted though what I dislike about Sydney, yes a profitable restaurant is very important but it seems their (especially Evan) whole focus is on making more money.

If they lose their restaurant do they keep any profits it made whilst open, or does it go towards Dicko's multi million dollar pay packet?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RooBunny said:
What was amusing was that the girls didn't have large busts at all, so if that was accentuated you must need a magnifying glass to find them normally!

The tshirts really highlighted though what I dislike about Sydney, yes a profitable restaurant is very important but it seems their (especially Evan) whole focus is on making more money.

Probably go to Hillsong Church.

telsor said:

Was in Sydney for the weekend and decided to try out Pink Salt on Sunday night...can't say the girls looked particularly busty...

jmerino said:
So how was the restaurant.

Honestly, short on substance....

Smaller than I thought...paper napkins, no linen. Waiters were average. Meal selection pretty small. We decided to make a night of it and go for three courses...result $85.00 each with only one non-alcoholic drink in that. Note: we were slugged 10% surcharge for Sunday service...

Entree tasting plate...small, not worth $18 per person...more like $18 to share. Of the entrees, stuffed zucchini flower was the pick of the lot.

Main was nice. Slow-roasted chicken on kipfler potatoes and oyster mushrooms. Simple, but tasty.

Strawberry panacotta for dessert...can't go wrong there, although I'm not sure what the brown sauce was...tasted more savoury than chocolate. We thought it may have been a mistake, but it was only drizzled lighly to the side and didn't hurt the flavours...

Food presentation wasn't always the best - the beef looked pretty average. Not terrible though. The service was a little slow, considering the room was not full, and they had 5 chefs and a similar number on the floor plus two bar people. A few times the staff congregated just a bit too long around the food service area.

The lighting was on the upper end of acceptable...perhaps a touch too bright. Music didn't play for a period of time (15-20 mins).

Evan and Bella were both there, but not too forthcoming. Chef Jeff had the night off. Evans Dad was there, and talking to Bella when we left.

Without the TV to help out, I would suggest the following to survive:
- Entrees from $11 and no more than $13 (at least $5 less)
- Mains from $19 and no more than $28 (at least $5 less)
- Desserts at $9 ($5 less)
- At least have linen napkins...table cloths would be good for thier price too.
- Make sure the music is on and the lighting is right.

Overall, about $25-$30 above what they should be asking for, considering what they provide atm... 5.5/10

RooBunny said:
I only caught bits of the show last night - darn Channel 7 and their schedule changes but from what I've seen I've come to the conclusion that Sandy is actually responsible for most of the problems at the Mint Leaf. The woman has no clue.

Andre is on the phone to a potential Chef - something I'd consider fairly important to worry about - and Sandy demands the phone so she can ask him some questions, which sounds perfectly reasonable until she gets on the phone and asks "are you okay working with 2 mugs who know nothing about restaurants?". Sandy then hands the phone back to Andre and says he's okay.... :confused: What on earth did she glean from that?

I agree. Sandy is a waste of space, no wonder Andre is as stressed as he is. Maybe Sandy was meant to be funny when she said "are you okay working with 2 mugs who know nothing about restaurants?". :rolleyes:

Yeah, why was MRR on at 6:30? Luckily the T.v was on at my house :D

Shinboners said:
In the end though, I feel sorry for Shane. The guy can cook,

I reckon I have to take this comment back. Fancy buying your stock. Any chef with any pride in their work would be making their own stock.

The new Perth chef got a good review. I did get a chuckle from Sandy's comment, "Oh, I knew he was the reviewer. I just didn't say anything."

I haven't watched the show for a week or so.

It appears that if you are doing well business and restaurant wise, the producers are now trying to spice it up a bit.

So I predict Brisbane and Perth to be up tonight and Brisbane to go out.

Which would be wrong on so many levels.

Perth are a joke, they are only still their becuase of melbournes dirty restaurant..Melbourne shouldn't even be open, once closed thats it.

Sydney if given the win, will fold within 6 months as Evan and Bella are dodgy as within workplace laws, not a clue.Couldn't care less about their staff on any level.

Adelaide and Brisbane could run successful restaurants.Good food, good service and staff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back