NAB 4 Vs Kangaroos @ Craigieburn

Remove this Banner Ad

Read his posts, he is not claiming otherwise..

Except that Hale should have received the free, where are you pulling that from?

Watch the 3rd replay
Hale is first to the ball, and it seems as though there is a clash of heads
With the afls "protect the player with the ball" rules, it's hales free

Interesting to note, not one North player remonstrated with Hale after the incident. This fact convinces me it must have been accidental head contact.

Hale is still good friends with most of our current playing group, they are not going to have a crack at him for going for the ball. His eyes were on the ball, he went for the ball. Lets just hope they don't pull the Ziebell MRP decision making that 'he could have chosen to do something else other than go for the ball' insanity.

Hale is still good friends with most of our current playing group, they are not going to have a crack at him for going for the ball. His eyes were on the ball, he went for the ball. Lets just hope they don't pull the Ziebell MRP decision making that 'he could have chosen to do something else other than go for the ball' insanity.

We know about the MRP, few years back Cyril took a swing but missed some Port dh and still went for a week.

Good friends or brothers never stops one for supporting (by that I mean remonstrating) a team mate when he has been hit.
And at Hawthorn we are well aware of how the MRP can get it awfully wrong.

Doubt there was a clash of head, otherwise Hale would have been equally stricken....hard head or no hard head.

That was my first thought - it was probably the whiplash effect there. There's easily enough force when the brain is slammed against the inside of the skull in that type of situation to KO someone.

Ball bounces towards and gets to Hale first. Hale is lower and there is a clash of heads. Smaller guy comes off second best (no surprises).

Complete accident. Hope the club challenges it if they try to charge him.

I think i'll vomit if Hale gets weeks having seen the footage now. AFL players are coached to put their head over the ball and as a consequence occasionally there is going to be high contact. Its been happening in our game for years. Its a shame that sometimes that is overlooked at the MRP. Should get off fine though

Hale looked genuinely concerned for his former team mate

Nice note in the HUN prinrd story ssaid gibson could get suspended for the hine incident WTF?

Doubt there was a clash of head, otherwise Hale would have been equally stricken....hard head or no hard head.

I fell off the monkey bars in primary school
Had an egg the size of a football on my head, yet walked away fine

All depends on the impact on the brain, not the impact on the skull

Hale.jpg

Great picture really puts Hale in a good light. Makes it look like he's belted him in to next week even though by all accounts there wasn't much in it.

Should add that this was on the AFL website.

Ah, that helps to explain a few things mate ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Were you the bloke walking around in a Bulldogs Polo and wearing a Bulldogs cap screaming something about Buddy's 13 against the Kangas last year?;)
No- But i think i saw the bloke u were talking about - On the outer wing - Youngish guy, With a Burbon in his hand ? hehe !

Hale looked genuinely concerned for his former team mate

Nice note in the HUN prinrd story ssaid gibson could get suspended for the hine incident WTF?

Could you post a link as all the stories I have read and in particular the HUN, make no mention of Gibbo & Hine. Only Hine on Gunston...

I'd be pretty sure you would have rubbed your head, though...which Hale didn't touch at all. I just don't think it was head on head.

Doesn't mean it was a free, or a report, or Hale's fault...just don't think it was a head clash

Could you post a link as all the stories I have read and in particular the HUN, make no mention of Gibbo & Hine. Only Hine on Gunston...
It was the printed version and obviously a mistake.....

And obviously i made a mistakes as it was gunton they mistakedly saud was in trouble

The oracle, Tim Watson said this morning that he thought Hale was in trouble.
Of course made no mention of the North player.. I haven't seen any footage of the bump on Gunston so I can't comment. If anyone was there or has seen any footage of it, how would you compare it to David Hale?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back