Nab Cup Gf - Adelaide Crows Vs St. Kilda Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

St Kilda are so arrogant that it annoys me.

Their acceptance of the pre-season cup was embarassing. All the interviews after the match, Hayes saying waiting for round 1 - this grand final win isn't important, the way Koszwitchke didn't even hold the cup above his head - it all says we think we are arrogant prigs.

What makes this team so special that they don't feel the cup is worthy enough of smiling for? Kowzitchke didn't smile once when he had the cup in his hands.

All other teams that I can think of generated some emotion and joy after winning the match.

eg-

Geelong in 2006 really were beaming.

Carlton in 2007 really were beaming.

You just won $300,000 plus for your club, you just won a pre-season cup and the arrogance on display (ie this win means nothing to us, we only care about home and away season) was disgraceful.

Show some respect to NAB who put a lot of money into grassroots footy, show some respect to the competition.

Saying all this - I thought the actual match was entertaining and was pleased to see Kippett's great contested marking and Gram's runs out of the backline.

dont think they were arrogant they just realise this cup means nothing except a bit of momentum goin into round 1. geelong did celebrate this worthless cup and look where we ended up that year.
Any way i love tippet looks to be a star if he does some work on his kicking

After watching the match and the way the Saints 'celebrated' l believe that there is no place for the NAB Cup.
Whether they are arrogant or don't give a crap, l'm not sure, but either way there didn't seem to thrilled to win it!

Adelaide's undiscipline acts cost them the match!

Adelaides defence was really good; our defence was ordinary we will struggle without Max or Goose being the second tall. Will Adelaide have enough avenues to goal to finish up the ladder?

good one champion , not sure were i said that bumbers had any out , just stated that saints beat them and they are nothing too crow about , but yeah cats had only 12 playing from grand final side and ottens abblet bartel egan and scarlett alone surley is a bigger loss than reiwoldt and gardner and what ever else u mentioned .
any way buddy good luck for the season and hope u get a kick in the inder 14s ..
Well 2 of Geelong's premiership players that were missing were Nablett and King, so that arguement makes them look a lot better than what they really were...

And if you don't rate S.King, X.Clarke, Hayes, Riewoldt, Schneider, Ball, Gardiner, Goddard, Dempster, Maguire and Harvey along with Gehrig, Hudghton and Kosi getting injured well then that's fine, I guess we did have a stronger proportioned side than Geelong did... afterall they were missing a far stronger lineup of players... It just goes to show that Geelong's depth isn't as great as it is made up to be, they just didn't have any injuries last year....

I can understand that you don't rate the NAB cup, nobody does but don't try and take it away from the players who were there, every player on the ground were trying to win EVERY match...

St.Kilda had about 13-14 out for the richmond match who had about 4-5 of their starting players out, we then went on to beat Geelong with 9-10 players our aswell as 3 get injured during the game, we then had about 8-9 out for the Essendon who were missing 4-5 and then we had 3-4 out and beat a near full strength Adelaide (with the game clearly being more important to Adelaide than St.Kilda).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

St Kilda are so arrogant that it annoys me.

Their acceptance of the pre-season cup was embarassing. All the interviews after the match, Hayes saying waiting for round 1 - this grand final win isn't important, the way Koszwitchke didn't even hold the cup above his head - it all says we think we are arrogant prigs.

What makes this team so special that they don't feel the cup is worthy enough of smiling for? Kowzitchke didn't smile once when he had the cup in his hands.

All other teams that I can think of generated some emotion and joy after winning the match.

eg-

Geelong in 2006 really were beaming.

Carlton in 2007 really were beaming.

You just won $300,000 plus for your club, you just won a pre-season cup and the arrogance on display (ie this win means nothing to us, we only care about home and away season) was disgraceful.

Show some respect to NAB who put a lot of money into grassroots footy, show some respect to the competition.

Saying all this - I thought the actual match was entertaining and was pleased to see Kippett's great contested marking and Gram's runs out of the backline.

you can't win. if the saints. beamed and had a lot of emotion, the saints would have been accused of thinking that the the cup is the be all and end all. if the saints did not smail at all there would have been controvesy just like in 2004. so they smiled and and subdued celebrations and now are waiting for the real stuff to begin. and so what wrong with that!

St.Kilda had about 13-14 out for the richmond match who had about 4-5 of their starting players out, we then went on to beat Geelong with 9-10 players our aswell as 3 get injured during the game, we then had about 8-9 out for the Essendon who were missing 4-5 and then we had 3-4 out and beat a near full strength Adelaide (with the game clearly being more important to Adelaide than St.Kilda).

Except that the near strength (minus our best ruckman and best forward - who are both unlikely to play all year) Adelaide was down 2 men after 1/2 time, that our best experienced midfielders were not played in the midfield at all, that we were experimenting with the midfield and the forwards and the defence to a small degree. McLeod was only sent to the backlines in the last quarter.

Please, St Kilda were trying to win the game as much as Adelaide was. Look at your midfield rotations as opposed to ours. That was a much stronger midfield and you won by how many points? It was a good game and great experience for our younger players.

Except that the near strength (minus our best ruckman and best forward - who are both unlikely to play all year) Adelaide was down 2 men after 1/2 time, that our best experienced midfielders were not played in the midfield at all, that we were experimenting with the midfield and the forwards and the defence to a small degree. McLeod was only sent to the backlines in the last quarter.

Please, St Kilda were trying to win the game as much as Adelaide was. Look at your midfield rotations as opposed to ours. That was a much stronger midfield and you won by how many points? It was a good game and great experience for our younger players.

I agree with your overall point, but McLeod was used far more in the backlines than in previous weeks. He did spent some time up forward, but was playing in the backlines for at least as long as he was up front. The commentators only noticed it late in the match, however.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back