Remove this Banner Ad

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
The jewel in the crown of FJGD is back for 2023!

For those new to the board, the National Australian Football League is a design competition where you will create professional football club based in Australia or NZ, from scratch. You'll create uniform and logo designs for this club and play off against other designers in a league style competition where winners are decided by public votes.

As per last season, this will be a fairly standard league format, with conferences if we get too many entries. I'd expect finals to be the top 8 finishers. Each designer will submit 1 team only.

Feel free to use this thread to announce a new or returning team. You can do whatever you want for your team provided it's Australia or NZ based, and all bids are automatically accepted. I'm happy with 2 teams in the same market, however try to avoid having the same nickname as another announced team. Returning teams will have preference if there are 2 teams with the same nickname.

h6pcs8k.jpg

NAFL logo, PNG
Code:
https://i.imgur.com/TPkoHIE.png

NAFLW logo PNG
Code:
https://i.imgur.com/wNhPV4J.png

Both logos can have the stroke outline removed if it better suits your design.

There is no bidding, your bid is automatically accepted provided you post it in this thread and don't use the same nickname as someone else's NAFL entry. I will run the competition with whoever enters, and however many entrants that may be, with a slight change of format if we get too many entries.

Entries should be submitted to me via PM in the form of a URL link from an image hosting site like imgur or flickr. DO NOT simply attach the images to your PM, because bigfooty stores them in a way that makes them impossible to re-use for putting up rounds so I have to manually upload the images for everyone who does that. I won't accept entries that aren't in the form of an imgur or flickr (or similar) link.

Entries are due by midnight on Sunday the 3rd of September 2023

Whittlesea should be back, had some stuff I didn’t get to finish last season that’ll hopefully make it a lot easier to put an entry in. Reverse retro sounds like a good idea, with the plethora of designs I’ve made over the years I’ll hopefully be able to make something the (relatively) OGs of the board can recognise.

Preston are out.

However, inspired by the AiFL competition, my new franchise has been partially created with the help of artificial intelligence.

I present to you: the Shepparton Giants

Just a touch over 10 weeks until entries are due. Sounds like a lot of time but every single year we get people who get stuck and miss the deadline.

Don't be afraid to go early! I've already received 1 entry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll enter, the teams working title is the Ballarat Football Club unless someone's already put in for that

After quite a bit of pondering (aka trying to figure out Australian geography on the fly), I would like to present the NAFL's newest club and one that I'm sure will make absolutley no South Australians angry: the Adelaide Mariners!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back