Discussion NAFL Reserves 2018/19 - Franchise Announcement and Pre-Season Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 19, 2012
Wanneroo
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Phoenix Coyotes
523941_8a6ef5e93faf39e8cb45efb5a8fb3f03.png
Welcome to the 2019/19 NAFL Reserves season! As it stands, thirty-one teams from Australia and New Zealand will contest the season, vying for a chance to move into the prestigious NAFL top division. As always, the premier of the Reserves is promoted to next season's NAFL while the wooden spooner from the top flight will find themselves back in the Magoos. However, due to vacancies in the top league, Freight Train and I will decide on two entries submitted from the Reserves to be moved into the NAFL, so put your best foot forward and you may be rewarded with an early promotion!

Depending on how many of you actually end up submitting, we may have to make some changes to the league structure to make sure we don't have it going for half a year (as I mentioned in the bid thread, there will not be a third division) and to have a better balanced competition. More information will be announced as we approach the start.

Adelaide Cockatoos - crow28
Adelaide Stonecutters - Storm20
Auckland Athletics - NM_Mitchell
Barossa Valley Vintners - kdavva74
Broken Hill Sand Rats - SammoEll
Broome Mavericks - FootyGuy13
Camberwell Stallions - Cody_
Canberra Griffins - akkaps
Dandenong Bears - tigerz18
Derwent River Devils - The Cheesecake
Floreat Fire - jmac91
Geelong Dragons - The Half Back
Great Southern Sharks - muggsy26
Greensborough Golds - cannavo
Harvey Hornets - MKMatty

Ipswich - SilvaComet
Mentone Stars - EagleOz
Mt Gambier Volcanoes - Prison bar Pete
Newcastle Fury - just_kick_it
Palmerston Leatherbacks - Kangas_11
Port Macquarie Mariners - Bryce_Jersey17
Punt Rd. Rainbows - 3121 premiers
Ringwood Rockets - caloschwaby
South Perth Swans - sjohnson
Sydney Shamrocks - VixDesigns
Tasmanian Falcons - rorydelight
Toowoomba Tsars - magpienato
Townsville Bullsharks - _Damo_
Victoria River Eagles - Norm Landrover
Whittlesea Eagles - Fizzler
Woolloongabba Mammoths Teen Wolf

Extra spots are available for Klim, PurplDemon, bkw510 and Norm Landrover if they show up. Also, spots will be made available for ADT50 and Lion Cub 16 if they show up after not confirming their NAFL spots.

Congratulations to the successful bidders!

For this season, teams will need to design a home guernsey, as well as either an away guernsey (to always be featured during away games), or a clash guernsey (to only be worn during away games that clash with the home team). Teams have the option of designing all three if they would like, however it is mandatory to at least have one guernsey that provides enough contrast from the home guernsey to avoid clashes.

As has been the case for the majority of this competition, NAFL Heritage Round will feature once more, with teams to wear a guernsey design that celebrates the heritage of the club, or even a "faux-back" design.

The second one-off round this season is the NAFL Community Round, where teams will wear a guernsey that celebrates an aspect of the community where their team is located. This can interpreted in a number of different ways, not limited to pride, charity, women's footy, culture, economy/agriculture etc. It's a bit of a free-hit, as long as it ties back to a realistic aspect of the community of the team. This will need to be submitted with a short one or two sentence text piece on how your entry is relevant to the community of your club, to go into the match day poll alongside the design.

Finally, teams will submit an All-in-one presentation, which features all guernsey designs that the team has worn through the 2018-19 season.

The design rules are as follows:
(thanks to E92_ for the copypasta here)
  • Your overall design must include the front and back of the guernsey, as well as the shorts and socks
  • All jumpers must have a sponsor logo on the back and front of the jumper (same placement as AFL), you're allowed to have your teams logo on the jumper as well
  • Shorts also need a sponsor logo (same placement as AFL)
  • Sponsors need to be an AUS/NZ brand or an international brand with a presence in either of the two countries
  • Jumpers/shorts need an apparel logo under the collar or above the league logo and on the shorts, and it can be a fictional apparel company
  • The NAFL logo will be in the same position as the AFL logo on the jumper and shorts.
  • Heritage logo required on Heritage jumper only
  • All logos can be recoloured, however I highly recommend designing your own logo from scratch - you'll be a better designer in the long run
High resolution PNGs of the new logos can be found
> > here < <

***​

When submitting designs, please PM them to myself as individual images, as well as the All-in-one presentation.

Deadline for this competition will be at 11:59pm on Friday October 12th, 2018 (AWST)

Last edited:

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
Are league logos allowed to be recoloured to suit our designs or do they need to be unaltered?

Also, sorry to be pedantic but do you mind changing my franchise name to Barossa Valley Vintners? Cheers.

Grandsun

Club Legend
Jan 9, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Hi, is there a reason why the Greater Gippsland Bears haven't been included? We are the only team to bid and not be included.

Last edited:

jmac91

Perth Bandits Head Coach
Dec 27, 2017
Subiaco Oval
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Bandits
I have a question. does you heritage jumper have to be the same colours as your home or clash jumper?

Are league logos allowed to be recoloured to suit our designs or do they need to be unaltered?

Also, sorry to be pedantic but do you mind changing my franchise name to Barossa Valley Vintners? Cheers.

Edit to your hearts content.

I have a question. does you heritage jumper have to be the same colours as your home or clash jumper?

Any colours.

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC

Though the questions have been answered, a good starting point for newbies to the competition is to go back and have a look at previous NAFL and NAFLR seasons. Apart from the changing one-off designs, the rules for this competition have not changed much so you will be able to see what people have done in regards to logo recolours and heritage designs in the past.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi,

I've totally forgotten how to do things on Ai now.

How do I edit the league logos? I need an Ai version ye? anyone got one on the fly?
You could use paste the image>click it>Image Trace>3 Colours (red white and blue)> click expand.
Easiest way to make vector logos/artwork from an image.

Hi, is there a reason why the Greater Gippsland Bears haven't been included? We are the only team to bid and not be included.

Your bid was denied - because you thought it would be a great idea to submit three months early only to submit a ripped design (again).

zWicPko.png

Not gonna say much more on it, tbh. There's no argument to be had here, you were suspended from the last season for pulling the same s**t, I'm not gonna mess around. I was gonna leave it to Bacon Warrior but yeah you've called me out so here's your answer.

Last edited:

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
Wow. Again. We talked about this like a month ago with Can Am. We've talked about this before with NAFL. I'm not sure what you thought was going to happen.

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
Your bid was denied - because you thought it would be a great idea to submit three months early only to submit a ripped design (again).

zWicPko.png

Not gonna say much more on it, tbh. There's no argument to be had here, you were suspended from the last season for pulling the same s**t, I'm not gonna mess around. I was gonna leave it to Bacon Warrior but yeah you've called me out so here's your answer.
tenor.gif

Grandsun

Club Legend
Jan 9, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I'm leaving the board anyway but as I said in the other thread, I was eager a

zWicPko.png

Home is the Gippsland coastline with stripes while the heritage is a classic fauxback..I'm done with all this anyway I am hanging up the mouse I will be leaving but this issue is only a small part of why I'm leaving

Yeh I can’t get it too work for the NAFL logos, the football doesn’t come up, rest works.

What font was used for the logo? Dylan8

HP Simplified.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back