MRP / Trib. Nankervis on Lloyd

Remove this Banner Ad

Lloyd disposed of the ball about a minute before Nankervis got there. It's like the scene from the Austin Powers movie with the steamroller.

Nice bro Prestia didn't even have the ball to begin with

I'm inclined to agree. It shouldn't be like soccer where the sendoff means you are playing with one less on the field, but the infringing player should be out for the game. You should be able to activate your sub if you have a player sent off.

I'm not sure if I am comfortable with the on-field umpire making the call in the moment though. There needs to be a digital tribunal that can make the call before the start of the next quarter.

It is a drastic change to the game but a necessary one in the age of concussion.

If the 2003 grand final was played today, Jonathan Brown would have been subbed off with concussion literally 20 seconds into the game, and Scott Burns would have played the game out.
I completely agree re not giving the power to any of the on field umpires. On video review last night's incident would have taken someone about 1 minute to work out that it was suspension worthy and therefore a send off. Any doubt at all and the player should stay on and let the MRP handle it later.

Referred and that was obvious

3-5 weeks anywhere in there expecting 3 and that’s fine he’s not a dirty player
I think 3 weeks is fair given the JDG precedent. IMHO that is the “going rate” for such acts this year.

Also happy to see the “going rate” for such incidents increase next season.
E.G. Nankervis/De Goey - 4-5 weeks
Stewart - 5-6 weeks

Hopefully this will put a stop to Tigers supporters continuing to malign Tom Stewart. Incidents like this happen. I don’t know what Toby was thinking but I’d be confident it wasn’t “I’m going to line up Lloyd and take him out”

Given this case is going straight to the tribunal, 4 weeks

For those playing at home, this was the tribunal regarding DeGoey earlier this year

SmartSelect_20230707_191122_Twitter.jpg

So basically Nank can nab himself a fat 25% discount by having the club whine that any media coverage is unfair and getting Nank to flick Lloyd a text with an apology

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Stewart copped 4 last year, then Toby will get similar. Minimum 3 ...You have to ask yourself why did he continue on with a bump that was totally unnecessary? Richmond fans will even find this hard to defend.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Stewart copped 4 last year, then Toby will get similar. Minimum 3 ...You have to ask yourself why did he continue on with a bump that was totally unnecessary? Richmond fans will even find this hard to defend., then again most Richmond fans are thick as two planks...
After watching the footage I cannot Tiger supporters defending Nankervis’ actions with any conviction. This is one to grin and bear

Just popped into their board to see what the vibe was regarding weeks and spotted this

Nank shouldve ironed out Franklin the campaigner instead.

So they're clearly taking it well

Nank should get off here, if you look at it without bias you clearly see Nank the tank coming at, I think it was no44, like a steam train prepared to tackle, and this is where no44 made the mistake when Nank was right on him to handball rather than hold on to the ball and brace for contact. You see when no44 chose to handball he forced Nank to bump rather than tackle, because Nank can't stop in his tracks, and if he tackles when the ball has been disposed of it'll be a holding the man call.

If we allow the poor decision making of no44 to cost Nank games than this game is f*****.

Is Nank in future supposed to not even make an effort to get to no44 and just corral him? He didn't run past the ball like Stewart on Prestia, didn't leave the ground like De Goey, so should be free to play next week.

Not sure, but is it still an option for Lloyd to raise his elbow and KO Nank?

Hopefully this will put a stop to Tigers supporters continuing to malign Tom Stewart. Incidents like this happen. I don’t know what Toby was thinking but I’d be confident it wasn’t “I’m going to line up Lloyd and take him out”

Given this case is going straight to the tribunal, 4 weeks
But that is where they ARE different, because I am confident from +/-25 metres away Stewart was thinking “I’m going to line up Prestia and take him out”.
IMG_8524.jpeg

3 seems standard these days for a high bump. (too high IMHO, but it is what it is)

Possible adjustments to that...
+1 because it was more blatant than most and a concussion occurred.
+1 because it's Richmond.

I'd expect 4, but 3 or 5 wouldn't surprise.

But that is where they ARE different, because I am confident from +/-25 metres away Stewart was thinking “I’m going to line up Prestia and take him out”.
View attachment 1731534
You’re confident eh? Well then I’m confident Nankervis thought “I’m 110kgs and when I bump Lloyd in the head he’ll be finished for the night”

Neither of us have a clue what the “perp” was thinking

You’re confident eh? Well then I’m confident Nankervis thought “I’m 110kgs and when I bump Lloyd in the head he’ll be finished for the night”

Neither of us have a clue what the “perp” was thinking
You’re right, we don’t know.

But I do know that Stewart had +/-3 seconds to make his mind up and still went through Prestia. Nankervis had a split second from the footage I’ve seen. Both would regret it, but Stewart had far more time at the time in which he could have done something different, whereas Nankervis chose to bump and then had no further time to re-assess.

So both poor acts, but I am quite comfortable in labelling Stewart’s a poorer act.

..neither did Lloyd it was that long after he disposed of it.

Poor old Tiges everyone just picks on them, they're just misunderstood and unlucky. Big Nank, he's just big, slow and clumsy.
IMG_8525.jpeg
How long do you think it takes two players moving towards each other to cover 2m?

Regardless, any serious Tiger fan has labelled Nankervis’ actions as poor and that they expect him to get 3-4 weeks.

If you’re listening to the very few Tiger fans who say otherwise then you’re so stupid you’re falling for a troll.

..neither did Lloyd it was that long after he disposed of it.

Poor old Tiges everyone just picks on them, they're just misunderstood and unlucky. Big Nank, he's just big, slow and clumsy.
Are you blind?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back