Nat Wars; The Beetrooter Strikes Back (An $80m production)

Remove this Banner Ad

In Joyce's case, the workshop was years ago, and Nats have a list ready to go, because they know the inevitable next incident is, well... inevitable!
Honestly, why even bother? Who'd look at that photo, read the witness accounts, read his excuse and think "I knew it, it's a complete fabrication."

We know who Barnaby is by now: the useless, shameless, rooting, shooting, grifting, hypocritical bush MP from Central Casting. The people who keep voting for him don't seem to care.

Honestly, why even bother? Who'd look at that photo, read the witness accounts, read his excuse and think "I knew it, it's a complete fabrication."

We know who Barnaby is by now: the useless, shameless, rooting, shooting, grifting, hypocritical bush MP from Central Casting. The people who keep voting for him don't seem to care.

The people of New England would vote for a dead hooker as long as not had “National” next to it.

The people of New England would vote for a dead hooker as long as not had “National” next to it.
Like the Lousiana politician how said the only way he could lose an election is if he was caught in bed with a dead girl or a live boy.

'Tired and emotional'

'I was walking back to my accommodation after Parliament rose at 10pm,' he said.

Daily Mail Australia on Friday revealed exclusive video of the nation's former deputy prime minister, 56, sprawled on the footpath at Lonsdale Street, in the Canberra suburb of Braddon on Wednesday at 11.26pm.

So was he already pissed during Parliament or did he have a bunch of tequila slammers straight after leaving? 86 minutes is not a long time to get that fall over drunk (subtracting time for leaving Parliament and the time he was already sitting on the pot plant speaking to his wife before falling over) so basically an hour to get blackout drunk...

Joyce told 9News he wasn't drunk, he'd been chatting on his phone, sitting on a pavement planter box, when he fell off.

e36c88606fae6e207a91b293f0cb7389c34a012c

"If I had known someone was there with a camera, I would have got up quicker," he said.

I assume NewsCorp have lined up an interview with the planter box?

c9cd93340604545bc9d85b2bcfec3d41
If he was sitting on the planter box and fell off he would be lying on his stomach

Obviously the affairs of State being discussed were so important that they occupied his whole conscious mind and he could only roll over onto his back

He has been accountable for the last 20 years.
Gets voted for and takes a seat.
Disgusting is that media runs cover for him.
Has to be finished now.
How do? It fits his image and the voters in his seat keep voting for him so I’m not seeing how this finishes him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has been accountable for the last 20 years.
Gets voted for and takes a seat.
Disgusting is that media runs cover for him.
Has to be finished now.
Couple of problems here to outside voters.

His constituents have never held him accountable for his behaviours. Instead they turn a blind eye and allow him to pork barrel for him.

Unless you’re clued in you’d have no idea any of this went on.

The former home was sold and the headline in “The Land” described him as “Australia’s best retail politician” - 😳 wtf does that even mean? It’s just a slogan he invented

How do? It fits his image and the voters in his seat keep voting for him so I’m not seeing how this finishes him.
Yeah this is a blip on the radar compared to some of the s**t he's been involved and come back from at party level and it's never seemed to affect his popularity locally. His righteous indignation on Nemesis following the removal of his right to have extramarital affairs with his staff and spawn children with them suggests he's built differently to most people.

So the best we can probably hope for is - as happened with Turnbull and the bonk ban - Littleproud and Dutton are asked for their opinions of the actions of an MP of their party and a member of their Shadow Cabinet respectively. I think we could guess what Dutton would be saying if Bill Shorten or Tony Burke had been caught on camera in that position, gargling obscenities on the phone an hour and a half after Parliament had concluded for the day.

All jokes aside, the bloke clearly has a problem. He's one of the most powerful men in the country who is routinely drunk on the job, and now passing out in public around Canberra.

Surely parliament needs drug and alcohol testing.
No different to the mining industry except if you're off your rocker inside parliament house you have the ability to influence the fate of the nation
Lucky we don't have nukes.

Imagine him when he was acting PM carrying round the briefcase. "While on the phone I sat on the edge of a plant box, fell over, kept talking on the phone, and accidentally dropped a big one on Beijing."

Surely parliament needs drug and alcohol testing.
No different to the mining industry except if you're off your rocker inside parliament house you have the ability to influence the fate of the nation

Do the bosses of the mining giants like Gina Rinehart undergo regular drug and alcohol testing?

Not entirely sure but my guess is no.

So no chance of Parliament implementing drug and alcohol testing on themselves then.

Do the bosses of the mining giants like Gina Rinehart undergo regular drug and alcohol testing?

Not entirely sure but my guess is no.

So no chance of Parliament implementing drug and alcohol testing on themselves then.
Maybe not Gina but she owns her company.
Do the senior leaders of the listed major mining companies, I can assure you that even the CEO would if he was acting like Barnaby in board meetings.

Politicians don't own this country and we should probably stop acting like they do.

I can't imagine a genuine counter argument if someone took it to an election. Surely holding them a little accountable would be popular policy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back