Certified Legendary Thread Nathan Freeman Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Bottom line is, unless he's in the seniors playing consistent footy at years end, he wont be offered a new contract.
Who says?

It take more than a game or two to get consistent.
Look at Ben Long. Wad getting bagged gor being no good, gets rising star award in his 9th game.

Reckon if he plays seniors and stays healthy he will get another contract.

Needs to stay healthy though

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Who says?

It take more than a game or two to get consistent.
Look at Ben Long. Wad getting bagged gor being no good, gets rising star award in his 9th game.

Reckon if he plays seniors and stays healthy he will get another contract.

Needs to stay healthy though

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thats what I meant..just has to prove his body can get to senior footy standard and stay there

Bottom line is, unless he's in the seniors playing consistent footy at years end, he wont be offered a new contract.

I don't think you're right there... if Freezer can play consistently for the remainder of the season, regardless of whether it's in the VFL or AFL, he'll get a new deal.

It will obviously be a lot less coin than he is currently on but he's definitely not in danger of delisting unless he breaks down again.

the word i hear is we had the inside run for JOM the year earlier and he was happy to come provided the trade could be made .. the GCS held strong cause he was contracted and they didnt want to trade him .. the next year we thought considering he was keen to come the year earlier he would still preference us , then upped and chose the Hawks, we had the offer we had the picks we could have done the deal but he wanted hawthorn and the thought that the flag dynasty would roll on forever ...
I would have been pissed if we went for JOM and Freeman. So would have most supporters. Hindsight.

Wright, Minchi, Peirce, McKenzie and Lonie very shaky.
Gilbo, Brown & Armo getting on.

That's 8 possible delistees without looking very hard. With our draft hand I cant see us moving more than 4 (5 max).

Easily worth giving Freezer at least one more year to get his body right!

That's 8 possible delistees without looking very hard. With our draft hand I cant see us moving more than 4 (5 max).

no doubt they will be eyeing off Gaff, Sloane , Wines , Lynch , De Goey and hopefully we will get one or 2

From another sport. Patrick Cummins had a fantastic start to his Test career at 18 years of age. They then had to wait 5 years for him to play consistently again. He had stress fractures, and they just had to wait for his body to mature and strengthen. He has just had an unbelievable few months in the Test side. I thought he was never playing again to be honest.
And guess what!

Different injuries but we’ve seen what persistence does with players, Daniel Menzel is the perfect example, one of the better forwards in the league at the moment and he had just as bad a run with injuries!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On a rookie list
correct , now having removed the scare tissue he might have a chance to get on the park - I just don't know why it was not realized before that was a problem - the guy is highly skilled and if he can get 4 or 5 games in the 2s , I'm sure he will be given a chance in the seniors.

If anyone deserves to be gifted a game, it’s him. Just for his sheer determination.

I agree. I know you don't 'gift' games any more but if Freeman is fit and firing he should get priority over others in similar form. Even if he never makes it at least he would be able to look back on a frustrating 5 years and say he played an AFL game. It would be a huge morale boost for the rest of the team to see him finally get on the park as well.

correct , now having removed the scare tissue he might have a chance to get on the park - I just don't know why it was not realized before that was a problem - the guy is highly skilled and if he can get 4 or 5 games in the 2s , I'm sure he will be given a chance in the seniors.

Was the reference to SCARE tissue deliberate or a Freudian slip?:smilingimp::sob:

Guess he's in luck for a gifted game because he won't get one if finals is in the equation. Would like to see him get a game r15/16, not too much later because this would give him a chance to hold his spot if he performs.

Also agree he could be rookied. using a rookie pick on him is no less of a chance of making it than any other rookie 2nd rounder+.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back