Certified Legendary Thread Nathan Freeman Updates

Can’t go full pace - won’t make it
Barely got out of a jog
If that's correct, and I don't know because I wasn't at training, how will that change in 7 days? :huh:

Mowman

Cancelled
Day Off
Veteran St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2023 10k Posts St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2022 St Kilda - James Frawley Player Sponsor 2021 Saints Pledge Contributor St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019
May 19, 2013
Exactly. Richo isn't considering the future , he is in "win and keep my job" mode. Leowe and Harvey were not doing much in their early years , but we pumped the games into them , and look how they turned out. Richo's revolving door policy isn't doing some of our youngsters any good. Picking Gilbert and Wright ahead of Coffield ......honestly.
+1000

Yeah, and as if swapping Freeze for Wright is going to be the difference between winning and losing. FFS play the guy, can’t do any worse surely and may just surprise us.
I'm not sure Freeman can match Wright's 1kick to 3 clangers ratio.

StKing11

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2015
Tasmania
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United, LeBron James
Yeah nah he's not quite ready to make his long awaited debut this week against the worst team in the comp, but we're looking at picking him next week against the best team in the comp.

"We'd love to have him out there, but we're not going to pick him until he's ready.

"It's not a physical issue now, it's a footy issue and whether we think he can help our team.

"Has he played in the manner that we think he can support what we're doing out there?"

Meanwhile an Irish bloke who's played footy for 18 months and is nowhere near ready for AFL got 2 games, and Wright who would have to be nearly the worst player on a senior list in the comp got a game. F*** off and stop insulting us.

Mood.

tenor.gif

Oct 18, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
St Kilda, Ocean Grove Collendina Cobras
Yeah nah he's not quite ready to make his long awaited debut this week against the worst team in the comp, but we're looking at picking him next week against the best team in the comp.

"We'd love to have him out there, but we're not going to pick him until he's ready.

"It's not a physical issue now, it's a footy issue and whether we think he can help our team.

"Has he played in the manner that we think he can support what we're doing out there?"

Meanwhile an Irish bloke who's played footy for 18 months and is nowhere near ready for AFL got 2 games, and Wright who would have to be nearly the worst player on a senior list in the comp got a game. F*** off and stop insulting us.

Mood.

tenor.gif
Jeez Freeman must be good - midfielder who can also play as a tall defender or a defensive forward. FMD that's versatile !!!!

PS Are we the only team in the comp that doesn't have a selection committee or is that standard these days?

Sadsainter

Team Captain
May 6, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
I was told he doesn’t do enough . Gets numbers that are reasonable but doesn’t hit full pace or really push himself . Seemed like an upbeat character but surely last year . Pierce was nothing special . To be honest we trained the way we play

bergholt

Good Ordinary Player
Mar 14, 2007
Brunswick
AFL Club
St Kilda
Exactly. Richo isn't considering the future , he is in "win and keep my job" mode. Leowe and Harvey were not doing much in their early years , but we pumped the games into them , and look how they turned out.

Stewie got 6 Brownlow votes in his second year. Harvs got 4 Brownlow votes in his second year, average 21+ touches and 1+ goal a game. I reckon they were pretty good early, not to say they didn't get better.

luca77

Club Legend
Sep 5, 2010
Japan
AFL Club
St Kilda
Stewie got 6 Brownlow votes in his second year. Harvs got 4 Brownlow votes in his second year, average 21+ touches and 1+ goal a game. I reckon they were pretty good early, not to say they didn't get better.
3 players whose starts I remember well were Banger, Lenny and Roo. Banger was fairly quiet but jeez he had some moves already. Lenny was all class and guts already (some on here reckon he didn't do that much early, but I called him as my favourite player in the team almost from the day he started). Roo was sent from heaven.

Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC
I was told he doesn’t do enough . Gets numbers that are reasonable but doesn’t hit full pace or really push himself . Seemed like an upbeat character but surely last year . Pierce was nothing special . To be honest we trained the way we play
I agree. Doesn't seem to ever sprint. Never hits full pace.
Reckons his pace has gone. Still an upgrade on Dunstan

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Team Captain
Sep 25, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
How can he be not ready physically if he's playing vfl? Vfl is not such a level below that they casually play injured and unready players in it. Of he's playing vfl at a high level, bring him the f**k in

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
How can he be not ready physically if he's playing vfl? Vfl is not such a level below that they casually play injured and unready players in it. Of he's playing vfl at a high level, bring him the f**k in

That's exactly what the VFL can be used for. Plenty of players not match fit or form ready in the VFL especially in AFL aligned sides.

Sep 15, 2006
Wodonga
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Leeds United
Danger game? Danger of what exactly?

the season is dead, we are 4th last.

the president, CEO and football boss were at pains to point out the need to recognise the opportunity of the poor position we are in now and how you can do things such as playing young players in a season that is now dead.

if the answer to why freeman has not been named, is because we need to win, i think we've already been moved off the path we set on after the review/season falling apart.

So I take it if we have Freeman in and lose you wont be calling for Richo to go immediately?

Again what did i say there that was wrong? Who is he replacing? And what position?
Are you happy to bring him in and play him in a position he hasn't been playing for in Sandy?

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
Danger game? Danger of what exactly?

the season is dead, we are 4th last.

the president, CEO and football boss were at pains to point out the need to recognise the opportunity of the poor position we are in now and how you can do things such as playing young players in a season that is now dead.

if the answer to why freeman has not been named, is because we need to win, i think we've already been moved off the path we set on after the review/season falling apart.

Well you may not care if we win or not but I do. I bet you care one minute after the game if we lose. Did the review say we should plays players you want to play?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 17, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester City, AIK, Raiders
Since the Richo press conference I’ve had this on loop

I love King Wally Lewis in the background of this video.You could tell he had NFI about Aussie Rules -probably thought it was a soft game- and was just roped into being the boundary rider because it was at the GABBA and he was just sitting back with Dipper not caring... until that hit!!! It certainly got him to sit up and take notice!

One of the all time great hits in any sport.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
Richo is an idiot. He obviously made freeman not train today. Got to laugh. People knock richo for not picking him this week and he couldn’t do more than run laps at the main session. Still should play though. That would make huge sense. Not.

Sep 15, 2006
Wodonga
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Leeds United
Richo is an idiot. He obviously made freeman not train today. Got to laugh. People knock richo for not picking him this week and he couldn’t do more than run laps at the main session. Still should play though. That would make huge sense. Not.

Was today the main or is that still tomorrow?

Back