Player Watch Nathan Murphy (Retired 2024)

Remove this Banner Ad

Ahh so when you hold a position on this that you want him to play on irrespective of the harm - it’s reasonable

When others hold a contrary position - it’s unreasonable

Got ya 😉
You seem convinced that the medics will declare Murphy unfit to continue and want him to retire. I prefer to wait until he's done some tests and a recommendation is made regarding his playing future. You are not holding a contrary position - rather you are anticipating a negative finding and already recommending he retires.

For me Murphy represents the best of what the team achieved this year and I find it difficult to imagine a team without him next year. There is enough negative stuff going on in the world without prematurely adding Murphy's retirement to the pile.

You seem convinced that the medics will declare Murphy unfit to continue and want him to retire. I prefer to wait until he's done some tests and a recommendation is made regarding his playing future. You are not holding a contrary position - rather you are anticipating a negative finding and already recommending he retires.

For me Murphy represents the best of what the team achieved this year and I find it difficult to imagine a team without him next year. There is enough negative stuff going on in the world without prematurely adding Murphy's retirement to the pile.
I think this is correct.
Murphy is a person with loved ones and dreams. Let the doctors do their job and wait for the outcome.
That’s all any of us can do

i noticed that swipey was using latin to intimidate me....I thought pontification had to be in english after the vatican council...
I would’ve thought pontification by definition would be in Latin but I learnt something today about the Catholic Church on Bigfooty

PS if the 2nd Vatican Council happened in the 1960s and the first one happened in the 1860s, and there were none before or after in the history of the church, that seems weird. If you’re going to modernise your 1000 year old institution by only holding a council every 100 years perhaps you leave yourself open to criticism of being slow to react. Even Darren Jolly changed directions faster than that.

However at least there’s no follow up Tribunal and then subsequent appeals process so they may still be ahead of the AFL

I would’ve thought pontification by definition would be in Latin but I learnt something today about the Catholic Church on Bigfooty

PS if the 2nd Vatican Council happened in the 1960s and the first one happened in the 1860s, and there were none before or after in the history of the church, that seems weird. If you’re going to modernise your 1000 year old institution by only holding a council every 100 years perhaps you leave yourself open to criticism of being slow to react. Even Darren Jolly changed directions faster than that.

However at least there’s no follow up Tribunal and then subsequent appeals process so they may still be ahead of the AFL

I think the first mistake you made was trying to apply logic to a church.... and the second was trying to expect consistency....neither are strong points to a group of men looking for short-term pleasure.

on the other hand, swipey's latin is just so authorative that it would be a travesty to make him explain his language in common garden-type english. It loses all the gravitas...

Lynch is the one who was on Dex Amphetamines for his Cronic Fatigue, no wonder he went all agro and punchy

Do you have anything to support this, or did you hear he was taking DHEA and get your wires crossed?

The real question is; what colour smoke would they use to indicate there’d been an error in law and Cripps is eligible for the Brownlow again?

I'm not sure that I like the dump on a poster here, just because he has an opinion on a medical issue.
The old saying "people in glass houses."
I would suggest most posters in this place would have had an opinion on some sort of medical situation, be it soft tissue, tears, strains, sprains, fractures, breaks etc.
An opinion is just that, an opinion only.
That's my opinion anyway.
As someone dumping on Kappa I can assure you it’s come from a place of learning from the mistakes I’ve made in the past on that front. Blaze I mean Kappa has been on BigFooty for a long time so is not someone that’s ever going to learn lessons…

I think the first mistake you made was trying to apply logic to a church.... and the second was trying to expect consistency....neither are strong points to a group of men looking for short-term pleasure.

on the other hand, swipey's latin is just so authorative that it would be a travesty to make him explain his language in common garden-type english. It loses all the gravitas...
if you aren't familiar with that phrase then you really shouldn't try to comment on negligence.

As someone dumping on Kappa I can assure you it’s come from a place of learning from the mistakes I’ve made in the past on that front. Blaze I mean Kappa has been on BigFooty for a long time so is not someone that’s ever going to learn lessons…
Well, anyway, I hope that Murphy makes the decision that is best for him and I hope that his decision is to play on.

if you aren't familiar with that phrase then you really shouldn't try to comment on negligence.

i suppose you're right swipey. We should leave discussion to the trained elites like yourself. That must be the reason why 90% of the people in governments have law degrees. And isnt the world so much better for it? At some stage, I'm hoping to find out whether killing babies is a war crime.

i suppose you're right swipey. We should leave discussion to the trained elites like yourself. That must be the reason why 90% of the people in governments have law degrees. And isnt the world so much better for it? At some stage, I'm hoping to find out whether killing babies is a war crime.
You should've tried harder in school.

I think and hope murph will play on
Probably been told about increased risks associated with previous head knocks etc .. side effects dementia etc
Weigh up family personal financial issues etc
Tough call
Probably will have to sign waiver if he goes on knowing risks
Every player that takes the field is one big hit away from the end so it’s not like it’s foreign territory completely
Afl players have to all consider the physical risks are there and not just head injuries

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably will have to sign waiver if he goes on knowing risks

Haven't you been paying attention to sideswipey's posts? He told us that signing waivers is not possible..... Wipey comes to us daily to educate and inform. You really need to use him as a resource...

The Catholic Church had many councils over its history to decide what it believed or to update it. They named them after the place they were held. Only two were held in the Vatican, thus Vatican II. This has very little to do with Murphy and his future.

Player Watch Nathan Murphy (Retired 2024)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back