Toast Nathan van Berlo bows out

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2016-09-05/van-berlo-bows-out

Respected Crow Nathan van Berlo has announced his retirement from the AFL.

Van Berlo bows out after 205 games – ranked 13th all-time at the Adelaide Football Club.

The 30-year-old’s retirement from AFL football is effective immediately. However, he will continue to play for Adelaide’s State League team during the Club’s maiden SANFL finals campaign.

CrkXLCaUAAAqpeG.jpg

Well done to VB on a great career. Was never a flashy type or kicked a lot of goals, but he always gave his all for the jumper. It's a shame he declined so quickly in his late 20's, but this was always coming this year I felt.

Very thankful for his 12 years of loyal service to the club. He was never the most skilled or gifted player, but always worked really hard and set elite standards off the field.

Glad to see that he wants to see out the year with the reserves side and hope that he can retire on top after the club wins the SANFL premiership.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congratulations to our ex-captain and a ripping bloke on his solid career with the AFC. And kudos for making the right call on retirement, allowing the next generation of Crows to flourish in our senior team

Spot on Scorpus. :thumbsu:

His career was effectively ruined by a faulty piece of equipment which, after recovery, slowed him down to the point where he struggled with the pace of the game in his final games.

No player ever tried harder than VB and he always put team ahead of everything else IMO - hence why he was appointed captain. His retirement is in the same vein.

Thanks for the memories VB and all the best for your future - whatever direction that may be. :thumbsu:

Congrats on your career VB, a loyal and dedicated servant of the AFC.

I'm sad that poor selection policies have caused me to feel joy at this news.

Good luck in the SANFL finals, and I hope you can take home one flag from your time with the club.

Think there's already enough other threads to discuss Thommos position. Think this should be reserved for some VB love. Great bloke and good player and can now out with his head held high and out best wishes. Onya VB.
It isn't being disrespectful to VB...god knows there are myriad threads with so much bile directed his way. VB always set a good example on how to behave. No harm in linking Thommo to follow his lead is there? It will be interesting to see what those posters have to say about him now.

congrats VB, i'll not forget the cult figure you formed with the bay 114'ers in 07. Good luck with the rest of your SANFL career and whatever you do from here :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back