NBA 2k11

Remove this Banner Ad

instead of chucking the ps3 controller i switched the bloody system off.

6 restarts later after watching the wiz shoot 60% and my spuds jacking poo it was an even game.

no team like the wiz running a wall, some no name,1st round pick, yi, jermaine oneal starting five deserves to win.

My Player, end of second season. PG with Orlando.

C - Howard
PF - Kevin Love
SF - Matt Barnes
SG - Ben Gordon
PG - Me

BENCH - Delonte West, Al Harrington the most notable...

Game 7 of the Finals vs San Antonio, series obviously tied 3-3.

3.1 seconds left, Gordon passes to me and I bank a shot from in close to go up 48-47 (5 min qtrs). Eruption ensues in real life.

Spurs take time out, their team is basically the same as real life, Parker, Manu, etc...I'm guarding Parker from the inbound pass, they pass it to RODNEY ****ING STUCKEY....drains a 18 footer from the base line with 0.3 second left to win the game, and title.

Control pad gets thrown.

My Player, end of second season. PG with Orlando.

C - Howard
PF - Kevin Love
SF - Matt Barnes
SG - Ben Gordon
PG - Me

BENCH - Delonte West, Al Harrington the most notable...

Game 7 of the Finals vs San Antonio, series obviously tied 3-3.

3.1 seconds left, Gordon passes to me and I bank a shot from in close to go up 48-47 (5 min qtrs). Eruption ensues in real life.

Spurs take time out, their team is basically the same as real life, Parker, Manu, etc...I'm guarding Parker from the inbound pass, they pass it to RODNEY ****ING STUCKEY....drains a 18 footer from the base line with 0.3 second left to win the game, and title.

Control pad gets thrown.

How do you manage to put up with playing 5 minute quarters?

What with the load times, the timeouts, the constant cutaways so Kevin Harlan can say "now let's look at the team with the highest steals so far this season", the CPU players that are subbed off slooooowly walking to the bench, and not to mention the inability to speed up the computer animation of free throws when there's going to be a substitution?

Anyone noticed that if you sim games there's an incredibly high free throw rate.

I simmed 50 games into a season, Memphis averaging something like 40 free throw attempts per game.

Really ?

Anyone noticed that if you sim games there's an incredibly high free throw rate.

I simmed 50 games into a season, Memphis averaging something like 40 free throw attempts per game.

Really ?

Yeah I noticed that but it wasn't that bad

I never got 2K12 for a number of reasons so I'm still plugging away at My Player in 2K11. In my fourth season now with the Jizzlies, as a 6'4 PG.

Won every award possible, three titles and have maxed out my ratings. The game stopped being challenging halfway through my second season but trying to destroy every record is good fun. Like the 54/20/20/10 st/7blk game I had recently. Beasting:D

Lol.

By my second season everything was maxed out and I could just call an isolation play, break down my opponent with a crossover and beast to the ring for the power jam. Could score 20 in a quarter easily but it got boring.

Am actually enjoying 2k12 in that you have to spend a tonne of points upgrading your moves and you can't really cross anyone over, you just have to wait until they go to one side, try and get a quick step on them and then make your move.

Dunno if anyone is still playing this but anyway...

Played through a few seasons in my player mode using a hex editor to shorten the seasons and make my team-mates not s**t. Also not insanely upgrading my character (like c'mon, where is the challenge in hitting 12 treys in a row in the final 4 minutes of a game to win everytime).

Season 2014-15 signed to be backup PG behind Rondo, but Rondo for some reason completely disappeared from the game after signing. I guess he died somehow...

Anyway, began the season with
C - A.Bogut
PF - P.Millsap
SF - W.Johnson
SG - Pick 18 from 2013 draft
PG - Me
6th - P.Pierce

And we were borderline playoffs until Millsap got traded for Michael Redd, which put Glen Davis into the starting lineup. Proceed to suck for a couple of months but then.....
Bogut and 1st round pick traded for Udoh and Wes Mathews.

C - K.Perkins
PF - E.Udoh
SF - W.Johnson
SG - W.Mathews
PG - Me

6th - P.Pierce
Role - G.Davis
Role - Pick 18 from 2013 draft
Bench - M.Redd
Bench - Some other draft picks

Went on to get 4th seed in the playoffs, beat bulls in 7, magic in 5, pacers in 6 and T'wolves in 5.

Bear in mind it's 2015, so Udoh is a defensive beast and Johnson becomes a great shooter.

Anyway, in the off-season after winning the title
Pierce Retires (Fair enough)
Matthews walks out (Why the *** wouldn't you pay him)
Sign Amare (what ?)
Sign Tyrus Thomas (WHAT ?!?!?!)

I almost feel like quitting Boston (Despite coming off a title), but the only teams interested in me all have like 3 PG's already....

I got put into the D-League :eek: (I sucked given it was the first day I had the game.) My overall rating is 61 but I doubt I'll be called up to the Lakers anytime soon, also my DLeague team is full of the shittest *****.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amare is a beast mate, in 2015 he will win the MVP. Sounds like a fair few trades going on mate.

What overall rating are you?

Amare is all offense, which the team didn't really need anyway.

I've restricted my overall to 73 to keep it interesting. Have about 200K in skill points and a bunch of drills available...

At PF we have
Amare (signed off-season)
Thomas (signed off-season)
Udoh (Traded for last season)
Davis

Neither Amare or Thomas can play defense without fouling. I'm now averaging 20+ assists a game on a loosing team. The bench is so bad, they concede on average a point every 20 seconds I'm off the floor and don't score.

Had a SG (scoring) 6ft 9" in MP mode that was 93 overall.

99 medium
99 3pt
99 on ball Defense
99 consistency
99 steal
97 layup
92 pass.

Averaged 55.7 ppg, 7.9 rpg, 6.2 apg, 1.3 spg, 0.4 bpg, FG: 57%, 3pt: 44%.

All of that was achieved in my second season. In 2k12 they removed a function that was assigned to the triangle button that would make my player quick step to one side of an easy uncontested shot. Also the leading pass way easy bread and butter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back