NCAA NCAA College Football 2007 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

you know that will never happen! the bowls are ingrained into the college football pscyhe, they pay-out a ****in mint in cash, and a playoff will lessen the importance of the regular season. the college football regular season is probably the most exciting and important in all of sports.....so few games, you lose one (or 2 in the case of this season) and you're just about out of the run! every game is vital.

you've also got to remember that these guys are at university to get an education! play-offs will tack on at least another 3 games to the championship play-off teams schedule.

it won't happen for a while, but it needs to.
teams like Boise last season get screwed because they play in the WAC (atleast Hawaii got a BCS game this year) against a not as good sched.
they went undeafeated but cudn't get a top-5 rating. but they still beat the sooners in the Fiesta bowl. (Hell of a game, won of a hook and lader, than a statue of liberety on the 2pt conversion it OT)

Ecstatic about LSU winning the SEC & being in the national title game.
Here's hoping I get to watch it over here.

you know that will never happen! the bowls are ingrained into the college football pscyhe, they pay-out a ****in mint in cash, and a playoff will lessen the importance of the regular season. the college football regular season is probably the most exciting and important in all of sports.....so few games, you lose one (or 2 in the case of this season) and you're just about out of the run! every game is vital.

you've also got to remember that these guys are at university to get an education! play-offs will tack on at least another 3 games to the championship play-off teams schedule.

Sorry, but that last staement is a crock for most of the top football programmes. Exceptions would be schools like Notrre Dame, Boston College and.....that's about it.... Education of the "student athlete" does not matter in most of these places- having taught at a couple of big universities with big sport programmes, I can attest to that- now, I have seen sports like baseball and soccer where coaches took a big interest in the education- a baseball coach I know would have the entire team run laps if a kid missed a class.

The big thing with the bowls is MONEY- but they COULD use seven of the bowls in an 8 team playoff system- four wuarterfinals, two semis and a championship.

Also, let's remember, that these three extra games would be taking place in late December and early January- most schools are not in session from 15 December until 15 January. They're not missing class time- exams might be a problem, but a good school can work those things out. Last I heard, very few exams are given on the weekends, though there are some.

It's changing I think, I know the Missisippi State coach drops in unexpectedly on his players classes to make sure they're there.
Think Saban was pretty strict on players going to classes at LSU & is probably the same at the Tide.

unlikely, cause off the top of my head i believe its a CBS game, so unless channel 10 show it, u will have to watch it another way.
its a fox game, but in their infinite wisdom, foxsports in Australia wont be showing it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back