NCFL Central discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Hearing rumours out of st arnaud footy club local utility jarryd kell has suffered a broken ankle in a basketball grand final and won’t take any part in the upcoming season. Huge loss for st arnaud given his pre season form

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Who's under the salary cap? I'm an ex local (Charlton) so I keep a keen interest in my old league. Seems like everyone is spending big(good on them). We've got the same problem over here in Kalgoorlie. It isn't policed and there's mercenaries for hire basically. There's a couple of clubs with what seems to be an open cheque book. It's definitely a country wide issue.

Last edited:
Who's under the salary cap? I'm an ex local (Charlton) so I keep a keen. Interest in my old league. Seems like everyone is spending big(good on them). We've got the same problem over here in Kalgoorlie. It isn't policed and there's mercenaries for hire basically. There's a couple of f clubs with what seems to be an open cheque book. It's definitely a country wide issue.
The better question would be who is the least over the salary cap. All clubs would be over but some clubs are more extreme than others. Sea lake Birchip and Nully would be heaps over the salary cap then st arnaud charlton and wedderburn would be over but not as much as the others

The better question would be who is the least over the salary cap. All clubs would be over but some clubs are more extreme than others. Sea lake Birchip and Nully would be heaps over the salary cap then st arnaud charlton and wedderburn would be over but not as much as the others
If Saints, Rebacks and Navys are paying overs they need to rethink their payments

If Saints, Rebacks and Navys are paying overs they need to rethink their payments
You’ve got to think about some people getting paid a lot just so they can keep them as a number. Some people you wouldn’t think should get paid much get paid too well. As well as coaches especially if they are playing coaches

You’ve got to think about some people getting paid a lot just so they can keep them as a number. Some people you wouldn’t think should get paid much get paid too well. As well as coaches especially if they are playing coaches
Only 50% of a coachs wage is included in the salary cap. Easiest way in the world to piss off your loyal locals by paying some spud overs, more detrimental to the team than any value of them being kept as a number.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only 50% of a coachs wage is included in the salary cap. Easiest way in the world to piss off your loyal locals by paying some spud overs, more detrimental to the team than any value of them being kept as a number.
look at it the other way, don’t recruit and your loyal locals have to run out each week with 2’s blokes who don’t want to and shouldn’t be out there. Bringing in a few “recruits” adds a bit of early excitement, get the right spuds and you are a fair chance to get a bit back over the bar and have a good social year. When you are in The bottom half, all numbers are good numbers. Unless they are impacting negatively on your culture.

not sure who our best export is, all very highly regarded and respected.

look at it the other way, don’t recruit and your loyal locals have to run out each week with 2’s blokes who don’t want to and shouldn’t be out there. Bringing in a few “recruits” adds a bit of early excitement, get the right spuds and you are a fair chance to get a bit back over the bar and have a good social year. When you are in The bottom half, all numbers are good numbers. Unless they are impacting negatively on your culture.

not sure who our best export is, all very highly regarded and respected.
Its all about getting the right fit, no dickheads is a good policy. As far as your best export goes, great answer.

Ryan Lempa looks another good pick up for St Arnaud

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You’re slipping mate!
1b48dffa0df232f422b64b0694855a1c.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back