Need for speed Shift

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 13, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Luton Town, 36ers,
Havent seen a thread on this yet. Having been really disapointed with the last couple of NFS games I took a punt a bought this a few days ago after reading good reviews. I have to to say I am enjoying it a lot. Great graphics and great sensation of speed. You really need to drive using the incar view and when you crash the effect is awesome. I actually prefer this to the last forza (tho the new one is looking the goods) Havent played online yet - will on the W/e

Can you explain what you mean by "actual damage" please Biggy Boy mate?

I'm looking at getting it on PC and was under the impression that it was basically the same game on all 3 platforms.

Can you explain what you mean by "actual damage" please Biggy Boy mate?

I'm looking at getting it on PC and was under the impression that it was basically the same game on all 3 platforms.

I think the PC version is fine but the video compares the PS3 to 360 version. Both consoles had the same race running and crashed into pretty much the same things but besides a cracked windshield, the PS3 version had nowhere near the amount of car damage that the 360 version had eg. the hood and panels of the car contorting as it smashed into things. It seems that when they ported it to the PS3 they weren't able to add car damage, as it was intended into the game.

I think the PC version is fine but the video compares the PS3 to 360 version. Both consoles had the same race running and crashed into pretty much the same things but besides a cracked windshield, the PS3 version had nowhere near the amount of car damage that the 360 version had eg. the hood and panels of the car contorting as it smashed into things. It seems that when they ported it to the PS3 they weren't able to add car damage, as it was intended into the game.
I'm not going to call bullshit or be dragged into something here. But is there anything OTHER than that video that says the PS3 version doesn't have FULL damage?

Not 1 review has mentioned it (And it would seem a fairly big thing to not mention in a review) and no other site I've seen has pointed it out.

Gametrailers, as good as they are have been found out in comparisons before (See the X-Men: Wolverine debacle where they used XBOX 360 vision for their "PS3" comparison). From the looks of that footage to me it would seem that the PS3 version has damage set to a different setting while the 360 one is set to full.

Probably be good if someone had the game on the PS3 to actually check it out though. But I certainly wouldn't be using that comparison to be calling the shots yet.

I'm not going to call bullshit or be dragged into something here. But is there anything OTHER than that video that says the PS3 version doesn't have FULL damage?

Not 1 review has mentioned it (And it would seem a fairly big thing to not mention in a review) and no other site I've seen has pointed it out.

Gametrailers, as good as they are have been found out in comparisons before (See the X-Men: Wolverine debacle where they used XBOX 360 vision for their "PS3" comparison). From the looks of that footage to me it would seem that the PS3 version has damage set to a different setting while the 360 one is set to full.

Probably be good if someone had the game on the PS3 to actually check it out though. But I certainly wouldn't be using that comparison to be calling the shots yet.

id be supprised if the ps3 version had less damage - make no sense. i would expect the ps3 version to look a tad better. (this is NOT a cue for a fanboy fight)

PS3 version of guy slamming into a wall at 100MPH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7-xJ1s7wf0&feature=video_response

360 version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48N8-BtSp-k

Plus, if you google it there are plenty of posts on different forums with PS3 users complaing about it. However, I believe the problem has been resolved and it wasn't a game design/porting issue, it was just a bug for the PS3 version which has or will be fixed via patching.

EDIT: http://forum.needforspeed.com/eaforum/posts/list/310288.page

PS3 version of guy slamming into a wall at 100MPH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7-xJ1s7wf0&feature=video_response

360 version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48N8-BtSp-k

Plus, if you google it there are plenty of posts on different forums with PS3 users complaing about it. However, I believe the problem has been resolved and it wasn't a game design/porting issue, it was just a bug for the PS3 version which has or will be fixed via patching.

EDIT: http://forum.needforspeed.com/eaforum/posts/list/310288.page

youd think a bug like that would be picked up at testing

youd think a bug like that would be picked up at testing
And you'd think testing would pick up this too.:confused:

Source: http://kotaku.com/5368824/nfs-shift-crashes-at-playstation-store-screen---on-a-360
NFS: SHIFT CRASHES AT PS STORE SCREEN...ON A 360
Calling it "the most bug-ridden piece of code I have witnessed in recent times," one blogger writes of his frustration when the game crashes on a PlayStation Store loading screen. Well, here's your problem: He has the Xbox 360 version. "This could be the most embarrassing fail of all," posits enigmax at Freakbits.
When navigating menus today while connected to Xbox Live the game suddenly crashed again. When my rage had subsided and I got a better look at the screen, I was pretty shocked at what I saw.
Was my Xbox 360 version of Need for Speed Shift really trying to access the Playstation Store? Microsoft are not going to be happy about this.
I think EA might need some new testers.:rolleyes::eek:

Car racing games suck now because they are only 1 player. The point of them is to play your mates and have fun. Now its one player and all this online loser crap. Spare me.

Car racing games suck now because they are only 1 player. The point of them is to play your mates and have fun. Now its one player and all this online loser crap. Spare me.

I am having fun playing it online ATM - it matches you with players of your style - me i like to nudge other drivers off the track and race aggressively and it matches me with the same type. No more whiny yanks complaining cos u brushed up against them. Also havent noticed much lag either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am having fun playing it online ATM - it matches you with players of your style - me i like to nudge other drivers off the track and race aggressively and it matches me with the same type. No more whiny yanks complaining cos u brushed up against them. Also havent noticed much lag either.
I hate your type...

Your type has almost ruined GRID for me.

eg.
wrecked.jpg

I don't like to boast but I was arguably the best crasher that played GRID. I had it all. Speed, tactics, durability and patience. How is GRID going these days? I haven't played it for ages and I don't even have it installed on the computer anymore. Do people still play it online regularly? I found that it was hard to find races online even when it was a newer game.

There's still a lot of people playing (PC).

I spent all of tonight parking it on the straights and blocking drivers who had previously crashed me (revenge).

It's no fun when drivers cut across you and spin you out.

A bit of wheel banging is okay, but I hate the pricks who would rather ruin their race and yours over letting you pass.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back