NEIL BALME, A Tale of Two Men

Remove this Banner Ad

Falls into the Bennell timeframe, good guess though. He was a flog.

Reading further into this though, he did basically help us win another flag. LOL

Que? Bevo gets a 'Fawlty Towers' rap

Swings and roundabouts

Last edited:

And Bartel is being lined up for AFL house just digest that
The moment Scott quit the job there’s been a media campaign to get Bartel in there.

Bit surprised. He had a role at the Match Review Panel and bailed, seemingly couldn’t stomach the scrutiny so I don’t get the theory that he’s suited to the role.

At least it would get him out of the media where he’s always deflecting and stonewalling on anything GWS related.

One less conflicted media commentator is something I suppose. It would be a conflicted head of football at head office instead.

Adrian Anderson back in the chair would be preferable but I guess he makes too much money these days

A week off over here due to the Year of the Cat celebrations. Free time and this game popped up on my YT feed. A game I went to being a member back in the day. Ended up watching it straight through. Time well spent. Many interesting things of note:
-Terrif commentators, thanks Mr. Williamson.
-How the Pies lost this is still incredible, Tiges looked completely gone time on q2. To think they went from there to Premiers a week later.
-Neil Balmes outstanding one grab pack marking and 5 goals was the difference.
-Rene Kink, 16, kicks 3 goals on Dick Clay.
-contra historical narrative, Hafey would and did ring the changes.
-Tiges generally under par, the other big men got beat up most of the game, it was the smaller players showing grit that helped get them over the line.
-Famously, Neil impacted the game the next week with a slightly different technique, no less effective.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back