Netball Netball - ANZ Championship

Remove this Banner Ad

was a good result, however watching the games i can say that the umpiring was 10+ goal biased in Australia's direction.
it was embarrassing and frustrating from a netball purists point of view to watch.

I didn't get to see this series. But due to family involvement have watched a lot of netball at all levels from international down. Have to say it's hard to believe the umpires could influence an international game to the tune of 10+ goals. But I'll take on-board you thought it was one-sided and influenced the score-line.

I didn't get to see this series. But due to family involvement have watched a lot of netball at all levels from international down. Have to say it's hard to believe the umpires could influence an international game to the tune of 10+ goals. But I'll take on-board you thought it was one-sided and influenced the score-line.

Get a copy of the games, good to see Bassett stand up and be counted, But yes I reckon 10 goals in umpiring decisions easily (not that i was complaining from an aussie point of view) Gietz and Chatfield basically allowed to stand as close as they like to NZ goalers without being pulled for obstruction.
Latu was crucified for natural movement despite every time you see the ball in the NZ goaling circle our defenders were leaning all over her.
Makes for a very interesting comm games.....
Hallinan was excellent!

Get a copy of the games, good to see Bassett stand up and be counted, But yes I reckon 10 goals in umpiring decisions easily (not that i was complaining from an aussie point of view) Gietz and Chatfield basically allowed to stand as close as they like to NZ goalers without being pulled for obstruction.
Latu was crucified for natural movement despite every time you see the ball in the NZ goaling circle our defenders were leaning all over her.
Makes for a very interesting comm games.....
Hallinan was excellent!

I don't ever recall umpiring being that bad at say, Comm Games, World Cups or similar events, must be down to who was available recently.
Although for a laugh, go back and look at the final Aus v NZ game where Latu and Geitz collide and what the umpire calls, sums up that event really!

I don't ever recall umpiring being that bad at say, Comm Games, World Cups or similar events, must be down to who was available recently.
Although for a laugh, go back and look at the final Aus v NZ game where Latu and Geitz collide and what the umpire calls, sums up that event really!

Netball is not an easy game to umpire, and why anyone would want to be a defender - when the rules give you so little opportunity to win possession - is beyond me.

Netball is not an easy game to umpire, and why anyone would want to be a defender - when the rules give you so little opportunity to win possession - is beyond me.

god that statement alone is so WRONG - defenders decide matches, look back thru history and note the gun teams, all have an amazing defensive unit.
Good coaches create great defensive UNITS (not individuals but UNITS)

so so true! shame as it had the potential to be an elite event

god that statement alone is so WRONG - defenders decide matches, look back thru history and note the gun teams, all have an amazing defensive unit.
Good coaches create great defensive UNITS (not individuals but UNITS)

I stand by what I said and am surprised anyone would see things so differently. Let alone race off on some strange tangent in the process.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched NSW Swifts v West Coast Fever. Fever led for much of the game, disappointingly fell away in second half, and the experienced Swifts took the game 54-51.

Hoping this is the sign of an improved season for the Fever!

I think this could very well be the year that Fever finally play finals netball.

It's a very good website, plenty of passionate netball people on there and I also am the Melbourne correspondent for the website.

Write plenty of articles for them.

Good stuff! Looking forward to reading! Nice work mate :)

I think this could very well be the year that Fever finally play finals netball.

Fingers and toes are crossed!

Well done to the Mighty Adelaide Thunderbirds in claiming a league record 16 straight wins.
Lets hope the girls can go back2back this season, creating yet another record.

I'm looking to go to the Grand Final on Sunday 22/6. Anyone care to guess when the start time would be? I don't understand why we need to wait until after the prelim to know the start time of the grand final.

Would it be:
Afternoon if v Queensland
Evening if v Waikato?

I'm looking to go to the Grand Final on Sunday 22/6. Anyone care to guess when the start time would be? I don't understand why we need to wait until after the prelim to know the start time of the grand final.

Would it be:
Afternoon if v Queensland
Evening if v Waikato?

Grand Final day has finally arrived with the Melbourne Vixens hosting the Queensland Firebirds in which will be the 4th time this year the two teams have met, including the Melbourne Vixens home final win against the Firebirds only two weeks ago.
In what is expected to be a capacity crowd at Hisense Arena and only a few tickets still available this morning, this is the last chance for fans to see some of the Australian Diamonds players in action before they meet up with the rest of the squad for training prior to the Commonwealth Games in Scotland.

Approximate running times

Box Office: 12pm
Outer Doors: 12.30pm
Arena Doors: 1pm
Pre Match Entertainment - Justice Crew: 1.45pm
Centre Pass: 2.18pm
Half Time Entertainment - Justice Crew: 3.04pm
Three Quarter Time: 3.32pm
Approx. Finish: 3.52pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back