Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 12, 2003
New York
AFL Club
North Melbourne
For those of you who are fans of the electronic medias, this should come as some exciting news.

IR gurus (now Transmission Games) were the team who made the last bout of AFL games, and now Big Ant is going to have a crack. So we should all be looking forward to a brand new game with this one.

I haven't come across any official news sources yet, but when I do, I will post them here. For now, you are just going to have to trust me ;)

When EA Sports decide to make an AFL game, then I'll be excited!

EA will never make an AFL game, they see the target audience for the game too small and would not generate enough profit, so I guess you'll never be excited about any AFL game ever again.

EA will never make an AFL game, they see the target audience for the game too small and would not generate enough profit, so I guess you'll never be excited about any AFL game ever again.

True.

If they only would base it on the same gameplay as say FIFA 09....how good would that be!

They made AFL 98 and AFL 99, which remain the most awesome games ever - up there with Shane Warne 99.

Agreed, AFL 98 was awesome.

When I see games like NBA Live 2009 and FIFA 09 I see them as a magnificent promotions of their respective sports. I have never played soccer in my life, but a game like FIFA 09 really actually gets you into it. Madden is another example.

Yes video games sound insignificant in the promotion of footy, but far out they are the opposite. The AFL really needs to organise a decent one, not just for my sake, but as a fantastic way teach people about the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yer great news...the last few attempts have been really ordinary.

EA did make 98 and 99. I thought they were ok and probably much better than the last 2 attempts.

Does anyone remember the Aussie Rules game on the original Nintendo??? I still find that the most enjoyable Aussie Rules game to play. Considering the year and limited technology, that was a fantastic game.

Gameplay was good, you could get the ball moving quickly, line up goals on the run using the bar at the bottom, take spekkies. And the boundary umpire was a classic: "Out of bounds...on the full"

The problem with all the new AFL games is the gameplay. It is very stop start. You take a mark, boot it long and take another mark. It is not free flowing like the soccer games are. Plus, when you get inside 50, you are just about guarenteed a goal...theres no lining up really.

Hoping this one is a beauty.

Does anyone remember the Aussie Rules game on the original Nintendo??? I still find that the most enjoyable Aussie Rules game to play. Considering the year and limited technology, that was a fantastic game.

Gameplay was good, you could get the ball moving quickly, line up goals on the run using the bar at the bottom, take spekkies. And the boundary umpire was a classic: "Out of bounds...on the full"

Hell yes! Whenever I pull out my NES for a play it's one of the first games I run too. Playing as Darwin and Canberra is interesting too :p. Also loved the crowd being a bunch of static.

Out of bounds... on the full!

they should make a mode like the newer FIFA games where you can choose which player you are and you can only control that player. I really hope that this is actually a half decent game.

I still liked Finals Fever the best..

That bug that allowed you to enter centre bounces to take the ball using the space bar was great. :thumbsu:

Yer great news...the last few attempts have been really ordinary.

EA did make 98 and 99. I thought they were ok and probably much better than the last 2 attempts.

The problem with all the new AFL games is the gameplay. It is very stop start. You take a mark, boot it long and take another mark. It is not free flowing like the soccer games are. Plus, when you get inside 50, you are just about guarenteed a goal...theres no lining up really.

Hoping this one is a beauty.

Oh My God!! That was the first thing that popped into my head when I read this. We used to play it all the time and was much more enjoyable than recent attempts at a footy game!

they should make a mode like the newer FIFA games where you can choose which player you are and you can only control that player. I really hope that this is actually a half decent game.

I'm really into the soccer manager games. I've got Championship Manager going non-stop on the laptop, everywhere I go. I'd be in constant heaven if they brought out an AFL style manager/coach game.

PS: Kevin Sheedy's game is crap!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back