New Coach for 2021 - Who do we want?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
People have to be given time to grow into their job. People will take time to adjust to any new responsibility. This applies to any field. For this reason, Longmuir is being paid a fraction of a more seasoned practitioner like Ross who already had runs on the board. It boils down to whether we think he has the potential to quickly grow into his role or not.

I don't think many got good vibes from Rock when he landed at the club. It's interesting that in the majority of player interviews I here they tend to focus on the main coaching message as opposed to the assistants, although I've heard Roger Hayden's name mentioned more consistently than others. Could be a PR exercise though.

I wonder why the idea of Pavlich and McPharlin in coaching roles haven't been fluted more often? Would there be no indication that they'd excel in those roles. Luke McPharlin was the chief Marshall in one of the best defensive eras of any team in the last 20 years.

And Pavlich.. Knows how to teach people to kick goals..

I've already heard Carr get more mentions than both Rock and Hale over however many years they've been at the club. Neither should be sitting comfortably. There is a growing list of recently retired players with leadership who know the modern game and would be ideal for assistant coaching...

I would say any new appointments and sackings would have been put off until 2021. This is to allow JL and Bell etc to settle in and get a feel for who is letting the team down and not fitting in with JL's new leadership and the clubs new vision etc as well as waiting for the right people to be available to take over those positions .
I would expect to see quite a few changes at the end of the year.
And to be honest the way some people/fans carry on even still about Ross's sacking Im glad they only made the one major change as most of us can only handle so many Bradesmaen and co's crazy talk.

I don't think many got good vibes from Rock when he landed at the club. It's interesting that in the majority of player interviews I here they tend to focus on the main coaching message as opposed to the assistants, although I've heard Roger Hayden's name mentioned more consistently than others. Could be a PR exercise though.

I wonder why the idea of Pavlich and McPharlin in coaching roles haven't been fluted more often? Would there be no indication that they'd excel in those roles. Luke McPharlin was the chief Marshall in one of the best defensive eras of any team in the last 20 years.

This. I’m be surprised if other teams haven’t been in McPharlins ear about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting stat for the last few years...

2013-15 - Clarkson wins
2016 - Hawks assistant coach wins
2017 - Hawks assistant coach wins
2018 - Hawks assistant coach wins
2019 - Hawks assistant coach wins

No assistant coach from the Malthouse era has done anything except Buckley. Neeld sacked early, Waters sacked.. etc etc

Luke McPharlin was the chief Marshall in one of the best defensive eras of any team in the last 20 years.
I wonder about Dawsons influence there. The whole defence switched on in his (and Ross's) first year, even though (trying to remember ancient history), we lost our defensive coach within a few years.

This thread is stupid. Why would we change coaches in a year like this, where players can't train together, our 2nds can't play properly, and most of our team are injured. Some people really need to decide if they're really Freo fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back