Oct 7, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hi guys

Keen to get the groups thoughts on the below:

1. Player that you want to succeed in 2023 for personal reasons
2. Player that you want to succeed in 2023 for team reasons

For me number 1 is Corey Wagner, 3rd time at an AFL club. Love to see someone put in the hard work, recognise their previous short comings and succeed.

Number 2 is Nat Fyfe. If Fyfe has a barn storming year, how much better do we become. It’s an exciting prospect.

Over to you.

1. I should do the right thing by my buddy and say James Aish, but I am not going to do that. I have been a Brennan Cox fan since his first contested mark and I would love to see Brennan as hands down AA CHB.

2. It has to be a forward and I think Piggy Smalls nailed it - Jye Amiss. I do love Freddie though and he is close to being a forward that gives defenders nightmares, but I will stick with Jye.

1. Joshua Draper - His best football looks great and is reminiscent of two or three Freo fan favorites. Unlucky with injury this year and would love for him to get off to a good start in the WAFL so that he can put his name in the mix for 2024/25.

2. Jye Amiss - With a good season from him expect Tabs and Jackson to kick a lot of a goals (and to be more durable) and for the team to jump up the offensive rankings a bit. No pressure!!!!!!

1. Liam Henry, he could be amazing to watch.
2. Jackson, just would give us that point of difference from most teams. Fyfe would be great too, but I see that as very unlikely. I feel like Fyfe has lost some of his drive with things he has said in recent years.

This is a 'Pick your favourite child' question.
1. Fyfe - he's had a rough couple of years but still stays focused and works.
2. Fyfe - I think he would be an El Cid inspirational figure for the rest of the team.

Our forward line is our weakest link so....

1. Josh Treacy. I think he's chronically under-rated. Proper old school full forward that leads at the ball carrier and stuff anyone that's in his way. Has shown just as much as any other young key forward in the league IMO. Obviously works hard and would straighten us up if we had him leading out of the goal square. Really want him to get a good run at it.

2. Jye Amiss. Is not under-rated. But would also help straighten us up if we had him leading out of the goal square. Not as physically ready as Treacy yet is my only worry wouldn't want him getting banged up but maybe play him as a 3rd forward this year?

Fyfe and Jackson were my 3rd and 4th choices but we need more goals so I'd like to see Jackson on a wing and Fyfe rotating off a flank or just roaming around clunking marks and I would prefer to see the two young fellas that are proper forwards and know where the goals are get a good run at it. Having both of them start in the goal square would be the stuff of dreams o_O

1 - Tie between Fyfe and Sturt for me. Fyfe for the same reasons Sully90 has described so well. Sturt so I can sit smugly in my seat at the games and think "I knew it". Both would have a big impact on us scoring much more per game if they hit the highs.

2 - Treacy (narrowly ahead of Amiss) - Finding another consistently effective biggun up front will be a huge boon for us. I went with JT over JA because I have a slight fear that if JT doesn't get a decent crack at it and perform well the drums might start beating on him in a negative sense. Amiss has more time to come along so Treacy gets my current season vote. A good year from him will be as great for him as it would be for us and give him more time to develop even further.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was it the St Kilda game Fyfe got votes and was one of best on while still playing that hybrid forward role? With a full pre-season and injuries behind him for the most part that could become the type of game he plays most weeks this season. That would be a game changer for this forwardline

Was it the St Kilda game Fyfe got votes and was one of best on while still playing that hybrid forward role? With a full pre-season and injuries behind him for the most part that could become the type of game he plays most weeks this season. That would be a game changer for this forwardline
Also can't shake the memory of that Hawthorn game in Tasmania a couple of years back where he went forward in the second quarter and kicked three goals — after receiving treatment on his shoulder — on top of generally dominating in the middle for the rest of the game. Sure that was 2019 Brownlow Fyfe, and the best we can hope for (supposedly) is three quarters of the player he was then, but even at 75% that's still around 18 touches (12 contested), 6 tackles, and at least two goals.

Also can't shake the memory of that Hawthorn game in Tasmania a couple of years back where he went forward in the second quarter and kicked three goals — after receiving treatment on his shoulder — on top of generally dominating in the middle for the rest of the game. Sure that was 2019 Brownlow Fyfe, and the best we can hope for (supposedly) is three quarters of the player he was then, but even at 75% that's still around 18 touches (12 contested), 6 tackles, and at least two goals.
Yeah, that's why I'm going back to that he game he dominated off the flank last year that I think was St Kilda - that would be the 75% Fyfe that's not asking for TOO much while still being elite and a game changer for us. That Hawks game was nutty, just Fyfe single handily keeping us in the game while no one else did jack s**t

Yeah, that's why I'm going back to that he game he dominated off the flank last year that I think was St Kilda - that would be the 75% Fyfe that's not asking for TOO much while still being elite and a game changer for us. That Hawks game was nutty, just Fyfe single handily keeping us in the game while no one else did jack s**t
the ethan hughes catastrophic turnover that had undone the fyfe solo comeback in that hawks game still lives rent free in my head

Remove this Banner Ad

Back