News New Jumpers for 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

9968ea562706655120efa27a5f1bc090b15b2446.jpeg

d85d338aff616033c3c1e2592d98e22e4e84cf1b.jpeg
This one reminded me that Adelaide parking inspectors used to be called "Brown Bombers". Useless trivia item for the day!

IMG20231207151739.jpg IMG20231207151757.jpg
Nike strikes again. Gotta say the size of the Premiers logo is disappointing, It's ever so slightly larger than the Emirates logo. I don't recall seeing previous premiers jumpers having the logo that small, this one looks like it should've been put on the infant size ones. I assumed since it's a 2XL jumper it just makes the logos appear smaller, but here's Hawthorns 2013 premiers jumper, same size and a much more prominent premiers logo.
s-l1600 (36).jpg

Recent premiers jumpers for comparison
Rebel_65246701_navy_hi-res.jpg

1-8cf40372f6-mfyt0306__32337167510035512801280.jpg

s-l1600 (37).jpg

View attachment 1867514View attachment 1867513
Nike strikes again. Gotta say the size of the Premiers logo is disappointing, It's ever so slightly larger than the Emirates logo. I don't recall seeing previous premiers jumpers having the logo that small, this one looks like it should've been put on the infant size ones. I assumed since it's a 2XL jumper it just makes the logos appear smaller, but here's Hawthorns 2013 premiers jumper, same size and a much more prominent premiers logo.
View attachment 1867525

View attachment 1867538

View attachment 1867539

View attachment 1867537

You sure that’s not a Bali knock off?

Rate that if it's the home jumper and Richmond are wearing yellow, but if that's an away and it's supposed to be going against Richmond in black I reckon it'll be a dog's breakfast. I suspect I know the answer to this, but who is home this year?

View attachment 1867525

View attachment 1867538

View attachment 1867539

View attachment 1867537
that premiership logo is straight ass. how very disappointing.

View attachment 1867525

View attachment 1867538

View attachment 1867539

View attachment 1867537

Five stripes on the wide guernsey looks pretty strange too. Another Nike failure. Such a shame really!

The jumper's material looks thin
The logos look terrible - size and placement
The stripes' pattern is clearly not what the players wore this year

Looks more like a Bali knock-off
If I was Craig Kelly, I would be embarrassed by that. For a club that always likes to claim they're the biggest and best, the above is abysmal
This shouts cheap manufacturing, sell for max price, for max profit

If I was Craig Kelly, I would be embarrassed by that. For a club that always likes to claim they're the biggest and best, the above is abysmal
Maybe the Lions can do you a solid and get Classic to make you some dodgier ones?

And yet, Billy Frampton's name is the still the most egregious thing on there.

Last edited:
Nike strikes again. Gotta say the size of the Premiers logo is disappointing, It's ever so slightly larger than the Emirates logo. I don't recall seeing previous premiers jumpers having the logo that small, this one looks like it should've been put on the infant size ones. I assumed since it's a 2XL jumper it just makes the logos appear smaller, but here's Hawthorns 2013 premiers jumper, same size and a much more prominent premiers logo

Just like the signed premiership jumpers, they look like Nike rip offs. I'm not sure if Nike can actually produce anything in such a period of time.

1702017060859.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So glad we're not with Nike any more. How does such a big brand perform so poorly - they must have internal QC?

If they care so little I wonder why they even bother with AFL...
That's exactly it. They don't care about the AFL. Just like how the top tier soccer teams get the best of the best templates and the lower tier soccer teams get cheap templates

That's exactly it. They don't care about the AFL. Just like how the top tier soccer teams get the best of the best templates and the lower tier soccer teams get cheap templates
Slightly off-topic with the example I'll provide but its exactly why Adelaide United have consistently produced arguably their best-ever kits with a smaller company like Ucan. In contrast, Melbourne City too often gets shafted with Puma templates which result in a 33% strike rate of a quality shirt.

Port 2024 Home jumper. No changes to the template, design appears to be the same, though the teal lighting has washed out the colour from the teal hem stitching. KFC logo is still red which you can only tell from one of the small logos. The only change is that it says “Home 2024 Edition” which makes no sense grammatically and is in the horrible Brush Script font. Don’t mind the idea of putting some sort of indicator of the year on the jumper though, would’ve been handy in the 2000s especially.

Port 2024 Home jumper. No changes to the template, design appears to be the same, though the teal lighting has washed out the colour from the teal hem stitching. KFC logo is still red which you can only tell from one of the small logos. The only change is that it says “Home 2024 Edition” which makes no sense grammatically and is in the horrible Brush Script font. Don’t mind the idea of putting some sort of indicator of the year on the jumper though, would’ve been handy in the 2000s especially.
I think the stiching is actually white this year.

Jumper is now up on the port store. Looks white in normal lighting there.

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk
View attachment 1868630View attachment 1868631

What better way to present a product than to completely distort the colouring?

And Brush Script? Oh dear.
100% right. I find the graphic presentation is cool and fits with what we’ve been posting, but with the background having black and teal you could still go with just white lighting on Ollie and it’d still have all our main colours. Just a bit of an oversight.
I think the stiching is actually white this year.

Jumper is now up on the port store. Looks white in normal lighting there.

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk
View attachment 1868630View attachment 1868631
Looks like you’re right, well there’s another reason why they shouldn’t have done the teal lighting!
IMG_0561.jpeg

Holy **** they actually used Brush Script MT. Worse than Comic Sans, not sure if worse than Lobster though…

Also, that white stitching looks terrible. I get it, it creates a point of difference for this seasons merch so people know they’re buying a unique product (hence “Home 2024 Edition”) and have a reason to buy, but yeah, so unnecessary and just not a fan of contrast stitching, makes it look like it’s supposed to be swimwear.

2/10, bring back the bars 1997 away diagonal bolts

Possible brisbane leaks, source - myteamshop.com.au. Blue cuffs on away strip and writing on the inner collar of all guernseys.

Attachments

• IMG_4486.jpeg
    IMG_4486.jpeg
    96.8 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_4487.jpeg
    IMG_4487.jpeg
    82.4 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_4484.jpeg
    IMG_4484.jpeg
    100.5 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_4485.jpeg
    IMG_4485.jpeg