Radio 'You cannot be serious' podcast with Sam Newman, Don Scott and Rod Law

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam is slowly descending into nothingness and despite his claims he doesn't care, he clearly does. Caro has already been on to discuss this issue, she was commenting on an incident where the conditions were dreadful and all the athletes fell over. If anything she was empathising with them. This is akin to Ivan Milat saying he shouldn't go to jail because Hitler killed people too. If you are so secure in your own beliefs and content with yourself you wouldn't need to point the finger and engage in incessant whataboutism.

No ones queried his loyalty to friends ? Except for you questioning him over being a bad friend

He has been on open mike and got Dane Swan I remember for mike and over the course there’s been several others Sam helped with including don Scott

He never denied climate change he argues over wether anything can be done

This is the worst thing about Sam newman , and that’s morons like you who haven’t listened to him for 20 years but come along to be outraged and have 0 facts

Is he a prick? sh*t yeah I mean he can rabbit on, he loves trump etc but he doesn’t say half the sh*t that gets reported

i meant by loyalty he won’t put-away friends. but he’s quite happy to publicly diss them as he did sheahan. and ask others like ralph horowitz who have also been publicly harangued.

he didn’t deny climate change? absolute bullshit. he was front and centre as a denier. along with bolt who always now says he wasn’t climate denier either

your drivel about him not saying half the things he is reported as saying only demonstrates your rose coloured view of his ‘look at me’ craving for publicity. and your parroting of his words. you’re pretty simple minded so i understand how easily sucked in you are.

i haven’t listened to him for 20 years? wrong again. he got dane swan on open mike. wrong again -it was sheahan’s connection with mcguire. oh, and if he’d been on open mike why was he about to record an open mike show when this all blew up and sheahan cancelled it?

i meant by loyalty he won’t put-away friends. but he’s quite happy to publicly diss them as he did sheahan. and ask others like ralph horowitz who have also been publicly harangued.

he didn’t deny climate change? absolute bullshit. he was front and centre as a denier. along with bolt who always now says he wasn’t climate denier either

your drivel about him not saying half the things he is reported as saying only demonstrates your rose coloured view of his ‘look at me’ craving for publicity. and your parroting of his words. you’re pretty simple minded so i understand how easily sucked in you are.

i haven’t listened to him for 20 years? wrong again. he got dane swan on open mike. wrong again -it was sheahan’s connection with mcguire. oh, and if he’d been on open mike why was he about to record an open mike show when this all blew up and sheahan cancelled it?

Just on this final point, Newman was actually on Open Mike in 2012. He was going to do another episode last week or the week before discussing his 30 odd years in the media, not his playing career (which was done in 2012)

What the *s this then?

Just on this final point, Newman was actually on Open Mike in 2012. He was going to do another episode last week or the week before discussing his 30 odd years in the media, not his playing career (which was done in 2012)
fair enough, my bad. i don't know of anyone who's appeared more than once, but i'm not a regular open mike watcher. regarding an earlier comment that he was doing sheahan a favour to appear the 2nd time, newman would appear anywhere where publicity was involved. and i'm not sure doing people a favour has much to do with anyone who appears on that show otherwise mark jackson wouldn't have fronted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caroline Wilson association probably

Because Caro had a comment about him again on Wednesday night?

That article is from 2005 or 2006, if I recall correctly.

He seems to be a bit rattled lately.

Ah ok thanks.

Thought it odd given if it’s based on the use of King Kong why not criticise Eddie too

Last edited:
You would have thought after eight hours of mediation and a six figure sum he would have at least learnt to stop being so defensive let alone gained some understanding but nope.

Dear me that it disgusting. He can’t even nail his ******* grammar.
Year 9 English skills on display.

You would have thought after eight hours of mediation and a six figure sum he would have at least learnt to stop being so defensive let alone gained some understanding but nope.

I can't understand why he thinks he's the only one who understands the origins of kneeling.
AFL players would be more in touch with USA sports and events than Sam surely.

You can understand why Sam is so defensive. No one holds Carro or The Age accountable for what could be perceived as racist or offensive and if you do than Carro just plays the sexist card and not only is it swept under the rug but she is immediately painted as the victim. Whenever Sam says something about race or politics etc he is never given the benefit of the doubt when it comes to context, he is just accused as racist with news outlets using selective language to make a headline and set an agenda.

And the people that say they don't care what Sam thinks seem to keep him very relevant.

By the same token, sam doesnt care what others think. Its the classic argument function. Two people, dont care what each other think, argue because they do care.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back