New RFC president.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speed is in probably the most experienced sports administrator in the country.

I'll wait until I see Maurice in the Australian Sports Hall of Fame before shortening the gap between the two.

Also, not that there needs to be an also so far is the chasm in class between these two candidates, but despite his recent hand in the turnaround, Maurice was also part of a failed era at Richmond, and as such his card still has red marks on it. Just like Gary's.

Running a football club very different to the ICC. Kennett remarked many times the very unique nature of running a club and connecting with supporters and identifying their needs. Malcolm obviously has talent and intellect but this challenge is unique.

No amount of entry's into the hall of fame will give you that experience
I am always interested in the thoughts of people who have meet him as I have...

Running a football club very different to the ICC. Kennett remarked many times the very unique nature of running a club and connecting with supporters and identifying their needs. Malcolm obviously has talent and intellect but this challenge is unique.

No amount of entry's into the hall of fame will give you that experience
I am always interested in the thoughts of people who have meet him as I have...

He ran the NBL in it's most successful incarnation in the 80s. Put it on the map.

Ran an entire comp, connected with the supporters and identified their needs.

Then there is all his other sports admin experience, as well as his law credentials (very similar to Maurice's).

Incidentally, what football club has Maurice run?

He ran the NBL in it's most successful incarnation in the 80s. Put it on the map.

Ran an entire comp, connected with the supporters and identified their needs.

Then there is all his other sports admin experience, as well as his law credentials (very similar to Maurice's).

Incidentally, what football club has Maurice run?
That's my point..he has run a comp not a club and it was decades ago. Look, I just don't think it is that clear cut >Dennis Pagan great coach a decade or so ..is he being sought after for coaching?

Maurice has been involved in the club and seen the ups and downs first hand...I don't think he has any background in law btw does he?

Didn't say his law and "very similar to Maurice"?
I know Speedy was a barrister but I am not sure about Maurice

Maurice the Economist
thought he'd done some law with ML, but it wasn't ML it was MLIM, apologies
still got nothing on the Speedster, IMO
but it's not the Thunderdome, both will stay on the board regardless i hope

Definitely don't want Maurice - things I have heard round the traps. Speedy for me and I'll take Peggy as second dibs based on a couple of v. quick meets with her.

Peggy? Interesting..I haven't heard much about her
.What have you heard about Maurice?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meh, two quality candidates. I think Richmond is in pretty good hands, regardless of the outcome. A nice problem to have.
I agree, and it shits me when we get the journos using the terms "power struggle, board split"
FFS, its two quality candidates vying for the big job. We would be poorer if only one was capable.

Reading their respective qualifications (through a media slant) it seems Speed the more impressive candidate. Our current vice president looks like quality too.

Geez our off field team is so much better than 5-6 years ago!

Already been said. These guys are quality candidates and there's nothing wrong with having these two compete for the top job. A beat up for mine. At least it's a distraction from the Dustin Martin drama.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back