nib Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Ohhhh yeah, it's the overgrown lads alright. All in shorts and Ben Sherman shirts, no doubt.

16,707 there and it looks great! Are they going to be rebuilding the Shed End or the Members Stand?

IIRC they are getting rid of the shed and good riddance too. The segregation between the supporters is crap.

How come the Glory cant muster the crowds of the pre A-League era?

Despite the large Pom population in Perth, I feel that people are still holding onto the A-League is s**t mantra when they haven't even watched a game.

Been to a couple of Glory games, caught a bus once with about bunch of poms from a pub, was possibly the only Australian born male on the bus, can't even remember the game, but remember quite clearly the guys throwing bags of piss on cars, chucking browneyes, and screaming abuse at cars going past, and we are talking about blokes in their 30/40's here, not teenagers on their first footy trip.

Pretty funny in parts but on reflection pretty low really.

Suggestions that Melbourne Heart suffer this sort of following - tough to grow a game with this sort of supporter.

Suggestions that Melbourne Heart suffer this sort of following - tough to grow a game with this sort of supporter.
Soccer crowds are pretty feral.

Well, not feral, more just modern bogans. I went to the Heart vs Sydney game and the housewives and their Juve-kit wearing kids just epitomised it – the kind of people who say 'pacific' instead of 'specific...' I don't know, but the crowd the soccer gets has really dissipated my enjoyment of the whole sport.

You'd think with all the Poms in Perth, the attendances would be higher. I think it's a combination of poor form, stigma, and a general lack of interest in soccer.

Glory crowds are pretty feral, though. The Shed would turn plenty of casuals away, I'd imagine.

And older poms.

All the pommy children play footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back