ATP Nick Kyrgios

Remove this Banner Ad

He's a massive chance.

His reaction after winning last night spoke volumes.

I am very optimistic about his chances. He's at least 50/50 to beat Nadal (bookies have him favourite) and Djokovic has never won a set off him (although they haven't played each other for a while).

He can win it. Of course he can.
put up a decent effort. serving was brilliant but he was serving to the best returner maybe ever. In the end the result was inevitable once NK started losing his s**t and abusing his family. same old. Djokovic be pretty happy to play him in every slam final i reckon - fragile under pressure.

Probably retire now

You know, this wouldn't surprise me.

Kyrgios is good enough to win slams but needs to get fitter (although this looks to have improved) and learn how to move on from the frustrations that arise during individual matches. Against most players he can regroup and get away with losing the plot. However against the very best guys he will end up paying for it.

He played a couple of bad service games last night yet had plenty of chances too. But after losing that match (and he did play well to be fair) does he want it enough? I don't know.

More likely he goes on a three month bender now and doesn't put in the work afterwards.

1659915621762.png

Nick wins Washington.

He is seriously in some great form and he is playing with a smile. In the second round I saw him produce some scintillating defence in a stunning rally which he eventually lost, but what happened after losing that point was impressive... A Nick Kyrgios smile. I could tell he had admiration for what he and Tommy Paul delivered in that rally. How comforting to see him playing with a smile instead of blowing up when things don't go his way.

* I realise this won't last and as soon as he starts losing he'll blow up again.

He is getting sued for that 700 drinks comment.

poor lady. that comment must have caused her considerable harm when she watched it back when she sobered up....

Sorry, but how pathetic. stuff the lawyers and build a bridge. And perhaps be quiet during the rallies.

Nick was amazing made Med look very average in the 3rd and 4th sets.

I think the penny has finally dropped for him he's no longer relying on his serve game to win is becoming a more rounded player can win points in a variety of ways now. still has the ocasionaly outburst but is learning to control it and quickly focus on the game the final against Novak is driving him imo.

He’s doing well at the right time.

Djokovic is still playing great tennis but there’s going to be an inevitable talent gap as he declines and Rafa and Fed fade out into the distance.

Can see him winning a slam as the talent pool dwindles a bit.

Incredible match v Medvedev.

He’s doing well at the right time.

Djokovic is still playing great tennis but there’s going to be an inevitable talent gap as he declines and Rafa and Fed fade out into the distance.

Can see him winning a slam as the talent pool dwindles a bit.

Incredible match v Medvedev.
Yes tennis wont feel the same once Novak,Rafa retire

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very rarely do I barrack against an Australian but I always hope this knob gets flogged, Carey's on like rock star when he wins and a spoilt brat when he loses absolute grub

Very rarely do I barrack against an Australian but I always hope this knob gets flogged, Carey's on like rock star when he wins and a spoilt brat when he loses absolute grub
Same here. I used to watch and enjoy the flog getting beaten but now as soon as I know it's that mental case being televised, I turn it off.

Last edited:
Doesnt play Davis Cup to focus on exho prize money and loses first round to Norrie in straights lol

Still more prize money than Davis cup though I guess.

Don't blame him. It's the off season to be honest, wants to spend it with his girlfriend and you can't blame him for that. Tennis is an individual sport.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back