Switch Nintendo Switch News (Articles, Accessories and Everything Else)

Remove this Banner Ad

There is a fair list of exclusives coming this year:
Pokemon
Animal Crossing
Fire Emblem
Town (made by Game Freak)
Yoshi game
Bayonetta 3
Luigi Mansion 3
Ultimate Alliance 3

With a fair few others a possibly
Metroid Prime 4
Shin Megami Tensei 5

For being less than 2 years old there are a fair few decent exclusives, it's just that the lack of proper 3rd party support puts further pressure on the 1st party.

I haven't really played my Switch since mid-year, I've played all the exclusives I want and prefer to spend half the price on the indies on PC or PS4.

But they've got the big hitters already available - Mario, Zelda, Smash, Splatoon, Mario Kart (albeit the Wii U version), so I can understand the popularity.

They need a few new IPs to really kick things off.

They should make use of their other IP like Metroid, Kid Icuras, Donkey Kong, Kirby and F-Zero.

They should create new IP in the same vein as the rareware stuff they lost.

It’s not that hard... A Honey Badger who doesn’t give a s**t with a snake sidekick he uses as a whip in an Indiana Jones meets Conkers bad fur day style. Pay me Nintendo.

They should create new IP in the same vein as the rareware stuff they lost.

It’s not that hard... A Honey Badger who doesn’t give a s**t with a snake sidekick he uses as a whip in an Indiana Jones meets Conkers bad fur day style. Pay me Nintendo.
I think they should focus on their own neglected IP before they make knock off rare ware stuff.

All though I like the sound of a Conker styled game.

They'll create some new cool IP in time, doing something we'd never think of.

Did anyone imagine a Nintendo shooter, playing as squid shooting everything with paint?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't be upset if Nintendo bowed out of the hardware business and made games for Xbox/Playstation and no they wont be anything like Sega.

every time you say that, cancer spreads through a major city like wildfire

Anyone else surprised they haven’t made a Diddy Kong Racing sequel. Only game that is comparible to Mario kart and even surpassed it in some regards with a great single player campaign.

Technically rareware but surely could get around it by still owning the Donkey Kong character rights.

The only half decent looking game in the near future is Aragami. Aside from Yoshi.
Hurry up with a direct already, lol.
I’m happy they’ve sold nine billion switches, so show people new games. Update online to virtual console and upgrade the shop and interface, can’t be that hard.

Cannot understand people who complain about Ports, there is no logical reason and the positives far outweigh the negatives.

If you watch it, he’s basically saying. Nintendo are treating these ports as entirely new games, even in pricing and advertising. Where as on the Wii, Nintendo used to resell GameCube ports for reasonable prices of around 20-30 dollars at most. He’s also saying, he wants new games. Not 8 months of tumbleweed with ports filling the gaps. The switch is making a fortune. So where are the sequels to those ports, where are the new games, fresh ideas. Why aren’t development companies being 110 percent utilised and why isn’t the switch interface and Eshop being updated. Where is the half decent virtual console.

Loyal 3Ds and Wii U fans remember what it was like to have a system where that sort of existed. Only In the last year and half of the wii u it got boring, not many releases.

The switch is being let down by a crummy software experience overall so far. That could change.

At the same time it’s hard to argue against the pros of the switch..aside from some great ports..

New games:
Breath of the Wild
Xenoblade 2
Odyssey
Mario Rabbids
Starlink Fox
Mario Tennis
Smash Bros Ultimate
Pokémon Yellow Let’s Go
MarioKart 8
Arms
Splatoon 2
Kirby All Stars
Sports Boxing.

Not even 2 years in.

The complaints are more at lack of fresh titled new games.

If you watch it, he’s basically saying. Nintendo are treating these ports as entirely new games, even in pricing and advertising. Where as on the Wii, Nintendo used to resell GameCube ports for reasonable prices of around 20-30 dollars at most. He’s also saying, he wants new games. Not 8 months of tumbleweed with ports filling the gaps. The switch is making a fortune. So where are the sequels to those ports, where are the new games, fresh ideas. Why aren’t development companies being 110 percent utilised and why isn’t the switch interface and Eshop being updated. Where is the half decent virtual console.

Loyal 3Ds and Wii U fans remember what it was like to have a system where that sort of existed. Only In the last year and half of the wii u it got boring, not many releases.

The switch is being let down by a crummy software experience overall so far. That could change.
Price is on Nintendo, if people are willing to not pay the premium then they wont sell and its been obvious so far that the prices of these games have had no negative effect in sales so far. If their wasnt demand for these games they wouldnt get ported and looking at the games themselves they are mostly the well known titles but have consistently had a certain release window regardless so their sequels will come at the usual time id expect, the extra sales for DK Tropical Freeze on the switch can help Retro in funding to make even bigger and better games.

Its still fairly early on in the Switchs life cycle with plenty of big games still to come and the retro games for online will only get better as time passes.

At the same time it’s hard to argue against the pros of the switch..aside from some great ports..

New games:
Breath of the Wild
Xenoblade 2
Odyssey
Mario Rabbids
Starlink Fox
Mario Tennis
Smash Bros Ultimate
Pokémon Yellow Let’s Go
Arms
Splatoon 2
Kirby All Stars

Not even 2 years in.

The complaints are more at lack of fresh titled new games.
Yep exactly the Switch is in a very good place right now as it is and the continued success will catch the eye of 3rd party developers if it hasnt already and knowing that its far from perfect right now and is still a big success could also be seen as a massive positive.

Cannot understand people who complain about Ports, there is no logical reason and the positives far outweigh the negatives.
I like ports but when your advertising it as a deluxe versions when all you’ve done is add one character it’s a bit disingenuous. The other problem is most of their ports seem to be Wii u ports which fine but I’d like some ports and remakes of older games from other consoles.

I like ports but when your advertising it as a deluxe versions when all you’ve done is add one character it’s a bit disingenuous. The other problem is most of their ports seem to be Wii u ports which fine but I’d like some ports and remakes of older games from other consoles.
I think those will come in time, i dont think they can leave the ports of Wii U games too late i think they know they have to strike while the iron is hot. The advertising is shitty but Nintendo arent alone in using those types of ploys, most people arent stupid these days and will research games a little before playing them to check on content.

impressive how that manchild can stretch whining about ports into half an hour. we're literally in the port generation of modern video gaming. even the PS5 will launch with games you expected 2 years ago lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back