Toast No. 7 Heaven: Wanganeen-Milera inks new extension

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems very likely that they've decided to make sure he's got super-solid conditioning by the time he runs out for an AFL game, just like the rest of them.

Think about our gameplan at the moment. It's based on running and effort and pressure. We've really benefited from Pou and Mitch and Hammer pushing up all game. If Max was underdone and couldn't get out of the 50 in the second half of games then that would hurt us a bit.
sure but mid year is pretty far away no?

King, Membrey and Jones did a mountain of running and look right to go but clearly they are doing a mini pre season.
Billings ran laps mostly and also looks fit
Keeler did the full session
Hayes ran plenty and looks close
Wood ran laps and had no probklem marking overhead
Coff ran laps and looks close
DMAC ran at half pace and looks proppy
Who else is there?
Thanks #gosaintas . Sure looks miles away from the injury status shown on the AFL website which has most of those names out for half the season. I wonder if RTB is trying to fool everyone that the injuries are far worse than they really are.

King, Membrey and Jones did a mountain of running and look right to go but clearly they are doing a mini pre season.
Billings ran laps mostly and also looks fit
Keeler did the full session
Hayes ran plenty and looks close
Wood ran laps and had no probklem marking overhead
Coff ran laps and looks close
DMAC ran at half pace and looks proppy
Who else is there?

Just some hack, called Steele ;)

U23s is looking pretty bloody handy on current form…

B: McLennan - Van Es - ****
HB: Wang.-Mil. - Adams - Hotton
C: Byrnes - Phillipou - Connolly
HF: Allison - Caminiti - Sharman
F: Peris - King - Keeler
Foll: Heath - Windhager - Owens​

Plus Bytel, Stocker and Coffield are only just past 23.
And RTB wants more

season 5 episode 10 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

We’ve also got an abundance of SA boys in the side, one is our VC, Highmore, Pou, Keeler, Hayes like there’s no real reason to leave?! Great young nucleus, great coaching staff, club seems in a really good spot at the moment
Highmore is a Canberra kid.

That's a huge signing.

Was really worried he'd go the Luke Jackson/Jason Horne Francis route.

Nas, Owens, Windhager and Poo is the best group of kids St Kilda's had since 2002-2003. All bring unique things and Nas's kicking skills and run from half back will be a helpful cog in the St Kilda machine for years to come.

On a serious note, amidst all the euphoria of him resigning, he is the type of player a club of our size and relative unimportance just has to sign.

For us to compete we need to nail our high draft picks and then keep them. To lose Nas after 2 years would have been disasterous for us as a club.

There is talk we pocketed 750k from Saturday night. Great stuff, until you remember the big 4 in Melbourne the Adelaide and the Perth clubs get that at least once if not twice each and every year with their annually gifted blockbusters. The likes of us and North and Bulldogs get left behind or the twilight spot on Sunday against Fold Coast to make you know 10 grand from gate receipts.

For us to become successful, we need to keep these players, then we get others maybe attracted to us and not the big clubs all the time. We are fortunate we have put the place back together. Finnis has done a great job with Moorabbin, the current admin is getting the books back in order, the President and the CEO seems switched on, we have revamped the whole coaching department led by favourite sons and a premiership winning Cats player and topped off by RTB.

Things are looking up, but the fact is we will always struggle and be at a disadvantage. Most of our squad had not even played at the G or in front of 70,000, the likes of Brad Hill and Zaine Cordy needed to talk to the players about how to handle it. We have had 14 games at the G in something like 10 years, some interstate sides play there more than us.

So we need to sign Pou next. Keep these kids together, we have the basis of youth under RTB that can take us places.
For us to become more successful we need a proper deal at Docklands. The AFL had StKilda fund its acquisition of that stadium to the largest extent. If we had of played our successful period at the MCG then we’d be easily in the black. It’s criminal.

Just thought I'd share this with everyone.

I was at training yesterday morning,standing at the fence with several other track watchers.

It just appeared to be another "day at the office"

At one point I glanced to my left and about 30 yards away the entire playing group and all the trainers were standing in a huge huddle.

I didn't think much of it until a giant roar went up.....we all thought......"what's that all about"

Someone said it may be about Jack Peris......I thought....."nah......it's too early in the week for selection announcements"

Then someone said it may be about Nas resigning..........not long after Brad Hill approached the fence....someone asked "was that about Nas resigning".....Brad went ..."yep"

What happened next was absolute gold.

Phones were coming out of pockets quicker than a 6 shooter !!!!!

Everyone couldn't type fast enough.....I know I couldn't.

It was surreal being there as it was unfolded....especially with all the rumours and whispers about Nas over the last 3-4 months.

Given the dire forecasts for Mason Wood....I was surprised how well he appreared to be moving.

What really caught my eye was when were heading back inside I glanced back......there was only Nick Walsh ....Keeler and 2 trainers left on the ground.

Walsh was giving Keeler an extremely vigorous chest to chest push and shove session with one trainer either side of them........you don't see that very often.

I thought Isaac can't be too far off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is talk we pocketed 750k from Saturday night.
It's a no-brainer that St Kilda should host a home game like that every year.

Friday or Saturday night, MCG, vs a powerhouse Melbourne club that will attract a big crowd. Meaning anyone bar Melbourne, Dogs, North or Geelong.

Hawthorn, Richmond and Collingwood are MCG teams. Which leaves Carlton and Essendon who play the majority of their games at Marvel so it isn't such a disadvantage playing them on the G.

St Kilda vs Essendon or Carlton, MCG, either Friday or Saturday night. Early in the season. No-brainer and let's hope the Saints hierarchy can get this done every year. The AFL owns Marvel so it shouldn't be too hard to arrange?

It's a no-brainer that St Kilda should host a home game like that every year.

Friday or Saturday night, MCG, vs a powerhouse Melbourne club that will attract a big crowd. Meaning anyone bar Melbourne, Dogs, North or Geelong.

Hawthorn, Richmond and Collingwood are MCG teams. Which leaves Carlton and Essendon who play the majority of their games at Marvel so it isn't such a disadvantage playing them on the G.

St Kilda vs Essendon or Carlton, MCG, either Friday or Saturday night. Early in the season. No-brainer and let's hope the Saints hierarchy can get this done every year. The AFL owns Marvel so it shouldn't be too hard to arrange?

the problem is you need some kind of draw to bring fans out. 150 did that. but its not repeatable.

we still havent found a good rivalry that attracts crowd numbers.

the problem is you need some kind of draw to bring fans out. 150 did that. but its not repeatable.

we still havent found a good rivalry that attracts crowd numbers.

Winning footy brings people to games. If we are regularly winning games the crowds we will fill up the stadium. It's much better to regularly fill Marvel with 45k every week than one sugar hit per year.

With Mitchito getting a rising star nomination just wanted to give a shout out to Nas. A great 21 first games but not recognised by the nomination panel last year so not eligible this year.

Another excellent game last Saturday night. Responsible for most kick ins and taking on the difficult kicks that drive us forward which adds significantly to our team. I'm thankful that you have signed on for the journey Nas.

With Mitchito getting a rising star nomination just wanted to give a shout out to Nas. A great 21 first games but not recognised by the nomination panel last year so not eligible this year.

Another excellent game last Saturday night. Responsible for most kick ins and taking on the difficult kicks that drive us forward which adds significantly to our team. I'm thankful that you have signed on for the journey Nas.
Didn’t he get a nom late last year?

Didn’t he get a nom late last year?
yeah couldn't quite remember either but checked. Goes to show how best players are awards are about racking up disposals from the get go and not using the eye test at times

For us to become more successful we need a proper deal at Docklands. The AFL had StKilda fund its acquisition of that stadium to the largest extent. If we had of played our successful period at the MCG then we’d be easily in the black. It’s criminal.

Which is why they've propped us up when we've been severely in debt. We (and the Dogs/Roos) have paid the price with the shocking Marvel stadium deal that we were basically forced to sign when we had 0 leverage. It is criminal that the AFL as a sporting body treats certain clubs like second class citizens. Carlton and Essendon's deals were way better then ours

yeah couldn't quite remember either but checked. Goes to show how best players are awards are about racking up disposals from the get go and not using the eye test at times

The rising star is a funny one. You can get a nom for being dominant in one game or having a few good but not quite dominant games in a row. You also have to have your good game when no-one else is having a dominant game. I can sort of see why Nas didn't get one, he's a very even, smooth mover with high hurt factor/low possession count type.

The rising star is a funny one. You can get a nom for being dominant in one game or having a few good but not quite dominant games in a row. You also have to have your good game when no-one else is having a dominant game. I can sort of see why Nas didn't get one, he's a very even, smooth mover with high hurt factor/low possession count type.
Yep NAS was unlucky, didn't have any dominant match winning displays to demand the rounds selection.

He was also good without being so amazing that you just had to find a week to nominate him on his body of work.

His best chance was round 23 when he has 19 possies, 6 marks and 2 behinds. Unfortunately O'Driscoll and 17 possies and 2 goals that week. Ultimately came down to goal conversion.

It's a shame, assuming Philipou and Caminiti get one it would have been pretty sweet to have 5 nominees running around in the same side.

Oh well, we know what he's capable of.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back