Roast No coverage in QLD - FFS give me a break

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: No cvoverage in QLD FFS give me a break

Check the main event channel, that is where you could watch Coll v Gee last weekend.

Welcome to my world Noose! This happens a couple of times a year down here with Power/Crows games - blows, big time. All radio coverage gets blocked out as well, so I end up streaming the radio coverage on line from the AFL's website.

One thing though - I thought up North they put the opposing games on Main Event - no luck this around, or does Austar not carry the Main Event channels?

Does have main event, just that on the odd Sunday there is boxing etc on it, which would prevent the footy being shown on it.

Ah yes, the AFL TV rights deal...it is the same in every state...we get the Dockers or Eagles on both FTA and Pay TV at the same time as well...lately I have been utilising streaming facilities ;)

Agree, nothing annoys me more than having to wait until 11.30 for friday night footy, except when the game isn't shown at all of course. I wish they would hurry up and get that anti-syphoning this fixed up so 7 can show the games live on 7 two. Doesn't affect me this week though, Ill be at the G for this one.

No main event coverage, the earliest it'll be seen on any channel is 7.30pm on fox1. So we have to sit through the Lions v Crows blockbuster on both FTA and fox while our team fights for their season - pathetic.

I'm currently down in Adelaide visiting family, and I feel your pain. Forgot how it can be worst when your competing with TV coverage of two teams, not just the one (fun times coming when the Suns come along). Game is on CH7 down here however it's delayed by over an hour!! No Foxtel coverage either.

Grrrrr.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree, nothing annoys me more than having to wait until 11.30 for friday night footy, except when the game isn't shown at all of course. I wish they would hurry up and get that anti-syphoning this fixed up so 7 can show the games live on 7 two. Doesn't affect me this week though, Ill be at the G for this one.

Its not really related to anti-syphoning, its more a lack of attention to detail. Under the previous rights arrangement there was a reciprocal broadcasting arrangement, whereby if FTA were carrying a Foxtel broadcast of, for example, a Port Adelaide game, Fox could show the FTA broadcast live on one of their channels, so both games were covered in each territory (or at least, that's how I remember it!).

That seemed to disappear under the last broadcast deal, and I've long suspected this was simply due to inattention - Foxtel came to the party very, very late in the last deal (as, from memory, they'd been part of Nine's bid originally) and I doubt the smaller markets came in for a huge amount of consideration at the time.

Anti-syphoning legislation, this time around, is expected to grant Foxtel the right to bid for up to 5 games directly - so I don't reckon that'll help with this situation in the future, as co-operation between FTA and Foxtel may cease (or at least, reduce).

Just my two cents on that one...

Check the main event channel, that is where you could watch Coll v Gee last weekend.
already have mate hence the thread

:p

Noosa, i feel your pain. I cannot understand why they have to play Lions on both FTA and Fox. Pisses me right off.
they have NFI & it's fixed in with the TV rights ect

If you feel like going on a nice long drive or a train trip, apparently Prime has it live on the Gold Coast.
thought i could have prime on HDTV got it sorted i hope mate

No main event coverage, the earliest it'll be seen on any channel is 7.30pm on fox1. So we have to sit through the Lions v Crows blockbuster on both FTA and fox while our team fights for their season - pathetic.
11.59pm on 7

I'm currently down in Adelaide visiting family, and I feel your pain. Forgot how it can be worst when your competing with TV coverage of two teams, not just the one (fun times coming when the Suns come along). Game is on CH7 down here however it's delayed by over an hour!! No Foxtel coverage either.

Grrrrr.....
live streaming of the game want say which one as they might shut it down PM me guys if ya want the link cheers Henry for the link.......:thumbsu:

FML Goldy i like that mate i might steal that of ya or ICFYL you work it out ....:p

How is the wife & little one mate??

Foxtel are the only broadcaster that wants to show every game live into every state. For some reason the government is hell bent on protecting Australians from this ever happening.

If FOXTEL ever had every game, they would on sell games relevant to local markets on 75 minute delay to FTA, so footy fans could choose to pay $15 a week for every game live or pay nothing and get games of interest to local markets on delays similar to current agreement.

Until this unnecessary legislation is completely removed, illegal web streaming will continue to grow as a consequence of ineffective policy. What's the point of having a 55" HD plasma if I have to watch the footy in the bloody study?

The AFL will always want footy on FTA. FTA will always want to broadcast Carlton games in Melbourne, West Coast games in Perth and Crows games in Adelaide. The finals should be live on FTA.

If I choose to pay, shouldn't I be able to get everything? Why can't I decide?

Coverage in Brisbane

I'm hoping i'm wrong but is it true that we have no live game in brisbane this sunday? Fox 1 and Free to air TV both have the Brisbane Lions game, whilst we have an 11:45pm replay?

Surely this isn't true?

Re: Coverage in Brisbane

Mate, unfortunately this is true. Not the first time for the year either I might add. Getting bloody sick of it to be honest - it's a disgrace.

Re: Coverage in Brisbane

i think we are on at 7:30 on fox sports... i'm not 100% positive but it hink we are.

i'm really not enjoying this whole move to queensalnd thing. :mad:

FML indeed noose, according to the AFL broadcast guide we in Adelaide dont get the Hawks v Pies in Rnd 22 either.

MT_Toscana_Rec_Tissue.jpg

:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back