Non-AFL chat thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to Vegas this afternoon for five nights with my brother. It'll be my last trip ever, after 25 trips or so the past 17 years. I had hoped to save the club financially with a big win(bazillions) a few years back(that, surprisingly never happened), but now that the club is rich, I'm going to keep all of the money for myself. Of course, if I lose, I might ask for your help on a GoFundMe page to pay for my return to Melbourne next month.

I might put a few bucks on Richmond to win the premiership while I'm there.:skull:

My GoFundMe page will be set up when I get back home tomorrow. :(

Did you have fun though? That is the key! well most of it anyway. Part of it perhaps?

I have enjoyed eating while I've been here. First day I went to In-N-Out Burger which we don't have in Illinois. We also went to Bellagio Buffet for lunch on a two for one coupon. We celebrated Australia Day yesterday having lunch at Caesar's Bacchanal Buffet. I've played traditional slots I played at Crown twenty years ago, though they are harder to find in Vegas. I also was able to go to the cinema and saw Hidden Figures and Lion which I both enjoyed. However, it has been painful to walk very far. I was so used to walking everywhere since I've never driven, that with my knees the way they are and possibly sciatica which I'll have to have checked out next week have been a blow. I should have brought a walker to get around, but I didn't want to look like one of those old retirees that go to Vegas. I guess I really am one now.

Coming to Vegas for a few days with my brother once or twice a year was one of the things that kept me going while caring for my mum. The anticipation of the trip was the best part. I had something to look forward to even on the most difficult days. It's almost like us winning the Premiership. After 40 years following the club I knew the day would be special and it was. I'm content. I got the privilege to see both the Doggies and Cubs win championships within a month and a day of each other in my lifetime. It still seems unreal.

I'm going to miss Geisha and Tiki Torch, but they gave me plenty of (expensive) fun playing them. Oh well, I have a couple of vices. But only two.;)

I have enjoyed eating while I've been here. First day I went to In-N-Out Burger which we don't have in Illinois. We also went to Bellagio Buffet for lunch on a two for one coupon. We celebrated Australia Day yesterday having lunch at Caesar's Bacchanal Buffet. I've played traditional slots I played at Crown twenty years ago, though they are harder to find in Vegas. I also was able to go to the cinema and saw Hidden Figures and Lion which I both enjoyed. However, it has been painful to walk very far. I was so used to walking everywhere since I've never driven, that with my knees the way they are and possibly sciatica which I'll have to have checked out next week have been a blow. I should have brought a walker to get around, but I didn't want to look like one of those old retirees that go to Vegas. I guess I really am one now.

Coming to Vegas for a few days with my brother once or twice a year was one of the things that kept me going while caring for my mum. The anticipation of the trip was the best part. I had something to look forward to even on the most difficult days. It's almost like us winning the Premiership. After 40 years following the club I knew the day would be special and it was. I'm content. I got the privilege to see both the Doggies and Cubs win championships within a month and a day of each other in my lifetime. It still seems unreal.

I'm going to miss Geisha and Tiki Torch, but they gave me plenty of (expensive) fun playing them. Oh well, I have a couple of vices. But only two.;)
There is an In n out in NSW, with plans to expand, so that can be another vice when you return here haha

Channel Seven exec's continued fascination with Basil Zempilas in the face of overwhelming evidence that he is any good at the task of broadcasting a live sporting event is (and I say this with complete honesty) the greatest mystery of our time.

If you have the time or inclination to read Paul Kelly's large article in the 'Inquirer' section of this weekends Australian newspaper. For one of the wisest articles about the rise of Trump and identity politics, with ramifications for Australia. He is not attached to either side of the political spectrum, just has great vision and wisdom. Enjoy.

Channel Seven exec's continued fascination with Basil Zempilas in the face of overwhelming evidence that he is any good at the task of broadcasting a live sporting event is (and I say this with complete honesty) the greatest mystery of our time.
That Michael Jackson was a hell of a player for the Bulls.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most of the policy issues you have are either based on heresay, emotion or bullshit (embracing white nationalism!? ******* seriously!). The rest are based on a difference of opinion and may make things better or worse depending on your political leanings.

I could give you a similar list for Hillary and most of those would actually be true as opposed to the spun bullshit that made up the first half of your list. Neither are good human beings and if you honestly think they are look up Kathy Shelton, or Vince Foster (okay that one was a joke...or was it?).
Trump is a moronic loudmouth buffoon who will probably damage America more than help, but the status quo Obama style wasn't faring much better for a lot of the populace, and Hillary was mostly that but with a few hundred scandals, a terrible disposition and an interesting tactic of blaming Russia for every one of her failures. You know the only country with as many nukes as the US....

They are absolutely equivalent, just in different ways. You might have different priorities than someone else but that doesn't make them delusional, wrong or dishonest. Just of a different opinion. I've already stated several times on this board I probably would have held my nose and voted Clinton, but that doesn't mean it was the right choice for everyone. And this does have the nice benefit of galvanising the left and giving the media a shot in the arm.

Perhaps it was disrespectful? No it was damn disrespectful, I've had some good discussions with you in the past but it seems you struggle when someone challenges your opinion, maybe work on that. Maybe talk to people who don't share your opinion more often, it'll make your argument stronger and who knows maybe you'll gain a greater respect for them. Just some words of advice from someone who was once like that.
So the refugee ban and bringing back torture have already happened with the ACA repeal in full swing and we're only a week in. People's lives are being and will be affected. It's easy to sit here in Australia and and look down on Clinton for not meeting our pure standards but the truth is we don't have to live with the consequences of this administration and the they do will not be easily undone.

You can say what i listed was hearsay and emotion but claiming Clinton was probably going to repeal the ACA with no evidence or indication she would have done so would certainly fit that bill. If it were Jeb! instead of Trump you might have more of a point.

I'm quite used to engaging with people I disagree with but your argument really annoyed me and it was maybe more a general response to seeing that same position elsewhere. You said people shouldn't be complaining because Clinton and Trump aren't much different then each other (then claimed it was an opinion in which case why should it have any bearing an whether people protest) but that ignores all the real consequences that people will have to live with from a Trump/Republican 4 years and shows a complete lack of care or concern for the people this will hurt.

It's callous and I hate it.

And that's why I showed no respect. Because why would I to that s**t? There are actual enemies to fight but you're bringing up someone as irrelevant now as Clinton (who needs to disappear from politics ASAP).

AAAnnndd back to self imposed BF exile.

So the refugee ban and bringing back torture have already happened with the ACA repeal in full swing and we're only a week in. People's lives are being and will be affected. It's easy to sit here in Australia and and look down on Clinton for not meeting our pure standards but the truth is we don't have to live with the consequences of this administration and the they do will not be easily undone.

You can say what i listed was hearsay and emotion but claiming Clinton was probably going to repeal the ACA with no evidence or indication she would have done so would certainly fit that bill. If it were Jeb! instead of Trump you might have more of a point.

I'm quite used to engaging with people I disagree with but your argument really annoyed me and it was maybe more a general response to seeing that same position elsewhere. You said people shouldn't be complaining because Clinton and Trump aren't much different then each other (then claimed it was an opinion in which case why should it have any bearing an whether people protest) but that ignores all the real consequences that people will have to live with from a Trump/Republican 4 years and shows a complete lack of care or concern for the people this will hurt.

And that's why I showed no respect. Because why would I to that s**t? There are actual enemies to fight but you're bringing up someone as irrelevant now as Clinton (who needs to disappear from politics ASAP).

Where did I say Clinton would probably repeal ACA? IIRC I said I didn't know what she'd do.

As for the rest it's more emotional garbage. Obama tortured and killed as many as Bush, just because it was kept quiet doesn't mean it didn't happen. Now a Republican is in office we might actually hear about it now.

You didn't respect my opinion so you disrespected me personally. Yeah you're great with people you disagree with. Well done. Bravo.

Stay in exile.

So who wins the Royal Rumble?

Seems unlikely that it'll be HHH, Angle or Balor

I think it may be a shock win by a mid carder with the winner not been hugely important & more or less setting up feuds for Wrestlemania

I think it may be a shock win by a mid carder with the winner not been hugely important & more or less setting up feuds for Wrestlemania
I'm going Taker. To go up against Reigns or Cena. It makes way too much sense, since he's been rumoured to face both of them.

Torture hasn't been brought back at all.

Randy is heavy favourite with the bookies for some odd reason. It's really refreshing to go in having no idea though, it's been a few years now since it hasn't been leaked/obvious going into the event.

Randy is heavy favourite with the bookies for some odd reason. It's really refreshing to go in having no idea though, it's been a few years now since it hasn't been leaked/obvious going into the event.
Samao Joe a possible RR debut perhaps?

Just a strange feeling that someone new or a mid carder wins, unless of course Balor does return

Samao Joe a possible RR debut perhaps?

Just a strange feeling that someone new or a mid carder wins, unless of course Balor does return
Balor was rumoured a while back. It's gonna be hard avoiding social media til I watch it tomorrow night. I wonder who the surprise entrants will be as well? That's always another fun part.

Helluva final between Rog and Raf.
I adore Rafa and have never been a massive Fed fan but can't deny the fact that there was a massive smile on my face as he won. Amazing story, amazing player. Feel so privileged to have experienced this era of tennis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back