Non-AFL chat thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm officially a clinical PhD student, so I'll see you all in four years. :p

Congratulations. Surely in 4 years when you present your major thesis, it will be centred on stunted emotional growth and psychological limitations of the inhabitants of this very board?

Congratulations. Surely in 4 years when you present your major thesis, it will be centred on stunted emotional growth and psychological limitations of the inhabitants of this very board?
I'm not sure using myself as a participant would get through ethics

He's only got 4 years Norm. Topic is too challenging for a mere doctoral candidate....

Can’t. Stop. Watching. Sixers.

MY GOD.

If Fulz is any good, they’re going to win titles.

Been trying to think who would be an ideal fit with their cap space this summer. Came up with Klay Thompson.

A) he’s not a free agent and
B) he likely wouldn’t go

But that’s the type of 2 way, shooting guard with length they need imo.

Kevin love was the other guy. His shooting, rebounding and experience would be great, but the obvious issues on D.
Klay fits their urgent need for outside shooting but they would need to trade multiple assets to get him. Kevin Love is terrible defensively and doesn't fit the age profile.

Their best bet is sticking with the draft and hoping Fultz pans out. Colangelo doesn't have the ability to smash trades out of the park. He was gifted a lot of talent. He should stick with it.

Taught at a new primary school today in Craigieburn, right on the absolute fringe of Melbourne. The housing estate was built by Stockland as was the school, presumably. There were 1100 students. The oval was surrounded by portables. I taught a grade 4 class .I was struck by how angry and frustrated the boys were. Tearful, emotional but spoiling for a fight. Empty consumerism, identikit little boxes, a never ending urban sprawl. The diggers are already moving the earth in the paddocks next door. An even newer school opened last year down the road and already has 500 students. I forgot my lunch and couldn’t find a milk bar. I had to drive 15 minutes just to get back on the freeway home and passed one corner store amongst the endless grey houses. So many of the high school kids I saw walking home were overweight. Not that I can talk. Melbourne where are you going?

Taught at a new primary school today in Craigieburn, right on the absolute fringe of Melbourne. The housing estate was built by Stockland as was the school, presumably. There were 1100 students. The oval was surrounded by portables. I taught a grade 4 class .I was struck by how angry and frustrated the boys were. Tearful, emotional but spoiling for a fight. Empty consumerism, identikit little boxes, a never ending urban sprawl. The diggers are already moving the earth in the paddocks next door. An even newer school opened last year down the road and already has 500 students. I forgot my lunch and couldn’t find a milk bar. I had to drive 15 minutes just to get back on the freeway home and passed one corner store amongst the endless grey houses. So many of the high school kids I saw walking home were overweight. Not that I can talk. Melbourne where are you going?

It's not just Melbourne.

That many students for a primary school is terrible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All news schools are going down that path. Cost effective for the government. When they don't work out, just blame the teachers. The public eat it up because they love kicking into educators.

Most new schools build up to around 1000 and are open plan, giving some kids no hope in hell. I'm interested as to which school it Was, I know some people who teach at one in Craigieburn. I'm assuming Newbury is the new one you're talking about. I'm guessing you were at Mount Ridley.

Although I can't believe you couldn't find a shop out there, the suburb has two reasonably large town centres! One facilitates the older part, and one the new.

Nah wasn’t at Newbury. Another one down the road that has a river as part of its name. Some great teachers there and some good kids. But a minority of boys made it hard yakka.

Well the travel schedule for the next 8 months or so will take me from Hobart to Melbourne, to Brisbane in time for ball 1 on Thursday, back home to sort Christmas parcels, back to Melbourne for Christmas and Boxing Day at the G, back to Brisbane a month later for run training, then onto events in Wangaratta (would have been Tokyo but unsuccessful in the ballot, 319000 chasing 30000 spots), Port Macquarie, Canberra, Melbourne and back to South Africa on the Bye weekend for the 89km Comrades Marathon, returning to Australia via Adelaide and backing up 3 weeks later on the Gold Coast. Sounds exhausting because it probably is.

Why on earth are we playing Ali like he's Harbhajan in Chennai circa 2001?

I haven't watched cricket since 1999. The technology used now is quite intriguing.

Boxing Day 1982: My parents first cricket experience. My dad asked me how to tell the players apart since they were all wearing white. He also asked how to read the scoreboard. I didn't even try. Previous to going I had told him that we were going to barrack for England. First he wanted to know what that meant and second why England. The first part I carefully explained the problem with translation. The second part I told him that EVERYBODY, including most Aussies, barracked for England. He got the joke when we got there and he saw how the crowd was dressed. My poor mum was bored to tears. 35 years ago. Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back