Opinion Non-Crows AFL 10

Remove this Banner Ad

As someone who sat on the bench for a whole game in a grandfinal even though I played every game of the season I got a medal as I was on the score card but I know in my heart I didn't deserve it because I didn't play and it's an awful hollow feeling when everyones celebrating and you feel guttered because the coach didn't trust you enough to put you on.

Only people who play in the GF should get a medal

I played in a hockey grand final, and got a stick in the face from a desperate tackle in the first 2 minutes. Spent the rest of the game trying to convince the coach to let me back on.

Now have a permanent scar from my eye.

We lost anyway, and I can't remember much after those 2 minutes...

What are we talking about? ...

I played in a hockey grand final, and got a stick in the face from a desperate tackle in the first 2 minutes. Spent the rest of the game trying to convince the coach to let me back on.

Now have a permanent scar from my eye.

We lost anyway, and I can't remember much after those 2 minutes...

What are we talking about? ...
This was also the day the doctor told me to sit in a dark room and not watch TV for 48 hours.

So I went home and watched us beat Hawthorn in our first final... huge goal from Matty Liptak!

As someone who sat on the bench for a whole game in a grandfinal even though I played every game of the season I got a medal as I was on the score card but I know in my heart I didn't deserve it because I didn't play and it's an awful hollow feeling when everyones celebrating and you feel guttered because the coach didn't trust you enough to put you on.

Only people who play in the GF should get a medal
I got 1 handball in my only gf win. It was a goal assist though.

100%. I don't understand this whole participation trophy nonsense sprouted by some on here. If you are on the team you are contributing - whether that be at training, in meetings etc.

Generally in all the other sports - rings/medals are awarded to the squad not just the team on the day.

NFL gives superbowl winning teams 150 rings - they can then give them out to whomever and can purchase more if they need.

Not exactly sure how the other big sports in USA do it - NHL, MLB, NBA - but I am pretty sure they would give everyone on the roster a ring - especially since there is no "Grand Final in these sports" - but instead a best of 7 series.
At cricket world cups the entire squad gets a medal.

I don't mind having some exclusive rewards for players who play the final match. But you don't get to the final match without wins through the year

I don't think the Premiership is just one game. It's the culmination of a season of games and everyone who played during the season, contributed to that result. What do they do in the soccer, where they don't have finals, the top team wins. Does everyone in the squad get something?
In the Premier League, every player who plays at least five games during that season is guaranteed a medal. But the club receives 40 in total, so they can distribute the rest as they see fit.

This is rank country stuff. Everyone comes off the field at drinks. No one has spare gloves or anything like that. During the season you don't even pick a 12th, it's just a formality come finals time.
Haha, yeah I get what u mean.

I played in a league where we had beers on the field o hot days.....

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They can give out rings, medals, cars or houses, nothing will change how the people feel that don’t play on the last day.
Bernie Sanders Lead GIF by GIPHY News

Do you honestly believe Phil is attending u18s games, pouring over hours of footage, having a genuine say in who we draft?
Given his attention to detailing selecting his hot chips at Adelaide Oval, maybe he does.....

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

You were best 22 but the coach chose to leave you on the bench the entire game?
It was netball so best 7 for the season and then a few late comers played enough games to qualify for finals due to lots team mates needing time off to attend weddings and baby showers and hen's days.... Still haven't forgiven the coach and it's been over 10 years now

It was netball so best 7 for the season and then a few late comers played enough games to qualify for finals due to lots team mates needing time off to attend weddings and baby showers and hen's days.... Still haven't forgiven the coach and it's been over 10 years now

Ams is Malcolm Butler confirmed

Do you honestly believe Phil is attending u18s games, pouring over hours of footage, having a genuine say in who we draft?
More likely to be poring than pouring.

How are Port's elite midfield going in comparison? I mean, we know where we stand, but Port's midfield is said to be the best in the league? How do they compare?
Nearly double us with 17
Rozee 7
JHF 6
Butters 4

Score involvements (in the League)
Butters is 10th
Rozee is 16th
JHF is 69th

Dawson is 49th
Crouch 75th
Laird 98th
Soligo 135th

Heeney 1st
Warner 3rd
Gulden 4th

Similar to my cricket story above. I ended up 12th because 2 ex-players (and mates of the captain) who'd moved to the city realised by Christmas their new team wasn't going to play finals so they came back down here to qualify.

I think he explained that as being on the bench for most of the game.
Yeah completely different game back then anyway.
Kane's Reid criticism is just eye-roll worthy.
I think that what Kane said about Reid was just kind of clutching at a 'take' for the sake of having a take. It was unneccessary. Kane is all about having a strong opinion, but this one was a weird one to hone in on. Its way too early to criticize Reid, and what he's shown already has been great for an 18/19 year old. I'm not sure if this was intentional baiting, or if Kane actually believes what he said. Kane doesn't care much about his reputation, he's all about having an opinion on everything, and getting clicks / discussion going. It probably worked.
FWIW i've actually been enjoying (for want of a better word) his opinions and analysis a bit more lately. I think he's improved in that space since he started. This one wasn't his best though, and I think the questioning of his Port and JHF bias / hypocrisy is always pretty valid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back