Opinion Non-Crows AFL 10

Remove this Banner Ad

The only thing worse than this game is the buffering on 4k Kayo. Hopeless.
Tried to watch the Kangaroos vs Crows game on Kayo at a mates place. Stream was borderline unwatchable. During the breaks we'd stream from other services with no problems

Tried to watch the Kangaroos vs Crows game on Kayo at a mates place. Stream was borderline unwatchable. During the breaks we'd stream from other services with no problems
I never have issues streaming Kayo 4k for Footy.

But, ESPN at times can have buffer issues.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Same bullshit with Libba with earlier concussion this year.

If you get hit in the head, get cleared but then have delayed concussion the player should be made to sit out an extra game and the club fined, it’s a joke.

So as of right now, if Jezza tells the doc the eff off, what can be done?
Like what happened last night.

Nothing.

Do wonder though, if doctor and coach demand him to come off and he refuses what happens in regard to AFL penalty?

But it did not look like the doctor/ physio were that fussed if he came off or not.

Didn’t Foxtel own kayo? Why wouldn’t it be the same stream?
I don't know but it was through the Kayo app and was buffering like crazy

Whereas MLB game pass, YouTube, Netflix clear as a bell

If you get hit in the head, get cleared but then have delayed concussion the player should be made to sit out an extra game and the club fined, it’s a joke.
Probably time for independent doctors to make the call.

Also, if the sub has been made & another player is ruled out with concussion, should we allow the subbed out player to be reactivated?

My tipping this weekend... :embarrassedv1: :oops:
I ended up picking the Hawks. They're always tough to beat down there and the Saints are rubbish so I thought they'd pip them.

AFL is a pure shambolic decision maker. They brought the sub back under the guise of concussion sub. It included a rule that if you were subbed, you missed the next match. That way it couldn't be used tactically. They then reversed that, so we end up back where we started a decade ago, with a normal tactical sub. And at no time did they address the actual reason that clubs don't want to test players, it removes a player from the rotations for over a quarter. Players undergoing testing should be able to be replaced and if they pass, the sub comes back out. It should have been this way from the very beginning. AFL are just so dumb.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing.

Do wonder though, if doctor and coach demand him to come off and he refuses what happens in regard to AFL penalty?

But it did not look like the doctor/ physio were that fussed if he came off or not.

He's concussed, can hardly be held responsible for making a krud decision.

Nothing.

The doctor kept following him for a few minutes. It looked to me he wanted Cameron to come off but Cameron wasn’t budging.
The Docs should have the final say in medical matters.

Probably time for independent doctors to make the call.

Also, if the sub has been made & another player is ruled out with concussion, should we allow the subbed out player to be reactivated?
The AFL (still) doesn't care about concussions, or about player welfare in general.

This class action lawsuit is going to be interesting. The AFL is in deep s**t.

It’s none of our business. The public don’t need to know how much a player weighs, that’s simply rubbish. You can tell if someone has the physique to play a certain position both visually and by the results of the various metrics (time trials, agility testing etc) what they are capable of.

So why allow height, times, leap, agility etc?

They’re obviously none of our business either

I think the motivation behind not announcing player weights or using skinfolds is coming from a good place.

There is an absolute crisis among young men regarding their mental health, and this is really apparent amongst AFL footballers.

That being said, it seems more performative than anything else - a gesture, but something that won't be in any way effective. It's seems a bit pointless, when there's still so many other issues.

They’re striving to be elite athletes, this is performative nonsense to appeal to (at best) the casual observers and has nothing to do with the young men themselves

Nothing.

Toby Greene has been weirdly off his game all year.

Edit: his wife gave birth about 10 weeks ago. Poor bugger probably isn't getting much sleep.

I don't mind the idea of zones. Not sure how to do it exactly though.

You can't really argue 'we shouldn't change the game' when the game is changing anyway due to fitness levels.

That being said I don't think the game is in that bad a shape relative to the 90s anyway. Not bad enough to do anything drastic. I watch old games sometimes and I don't think the average standard is anything better than what we see today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back