Opinion Non-Crows AFL 8 - Daddy Donuts Delivers Dream Drubbing

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Port wont win the premiership and they are fading.

They aren't a Lycett, Jonas and Rioli inclusion away from being a premiership team. They were 90% all midfield attack through that 13 game winning streak and frankly they looked slow. Hinkley relied on the two way running of Butters, Rozee, Wines and JHF to keep them in games and to find that gear when they needed it, they have run out of legs.

Port during that 13 game stretch were famous for finding that gear and the last 3 weeks its died. I can't see them beating Geelong in Geelong and they may struggle against the rest of the games they face and merely limp into the finals. Both Melbourne and Brisbane will over take them and could be in danger of falling to 5th if they dont win at least 2 of their 4 games.

Arguably, I'm not convinced Collingwood will win either. Have a similar over reliance on the midfield to kick their goals. Where as teams like Carlton, Brisbane and now GWS have focal points in attack on top of a function midfield.

The Crows highlighted just how over rated Aliir Aliir is as a defender. Bomb it long and he has you beat but on a lead and one on one, he is joe average at best. Thats why they rely so heavily on him leaving his man to kill the contest. Kick around him and too his man on a lead and he is often found wanting.

Overall, Port aren't even a top 4 team, just got through on the back of lucky wins.

Last edited:
Ken had no answers trying to explain why Lachie Jones was subbed off for a migraine even though he "passed" a concussion test, and seemed to get confused whether he did or didn't have a test at all
Port Logic.

thinkaboutit-jpg.1759182

Port doctor says he saw the vision and decided there was no reason to give Aliir a head impact assessment

Ok then..
Any poster on here with any form of medical training would know that given the current state of play with protecting the player in 2023 and the AFL rules governing head high contact, you give them a concussion test.

I mean sure this picture looks like Aliir is doing something to his team mate from behind that shouldnt be done a footy field. :$ :D

xx.png

Regardless its the clash of heads that saw them both lay flat on ground afterwards.

This image will lead to a sacking/suspension/penalty for Port. Its damning.

Y.png

Medical negligence to not do a concussion test after all this evidence.

Z.png

Yes, Jonas against Richmond. And in another Showdown. And 5 years ago against Geelong with Hartlett.

Let’s not forget Brad Bleedbert
There is now an overwhelming body of evidence that suggests that this is a pattern of behavior by the Port Power Football Club.:think:

AFL not only needs to investigate, it needs to throw the book at that plastic teal franchise if a Club.

There is now an overwhelming body of evidence that suggests that this is a pattern of behavior by the Port Power Football Club.:think:

AFL not only needs to investigate, it needs to throw the book at that plastic teal franchise if a Club.
Jay Shulz as well, it’s not an event it’s trend.

Ken had no answers trying to explain why Lachie Jones was subbed off for a migraine even though he "passed" a concussion test, and seemed to get confused whether he did or didn't have a test at all

The Jones one at least on paper looks worse than Allir. Thy were clearly trying to get around the concussion protocols.

At least it proves that some clubs don't really care about the players. It's all talk

Given their is a doctor involved and potential litigation the media and the AFL will be to scared to really question what went on.

How should the AFL punish them? There's no point in giving them a fine because the AFL would have to pay it for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can understand the reaction but migraines can be legitimately bad. I used to get them as a kid and they wrecked me. My partner gets them now and she loses vision when it happens.
I'm assuming Schultz doesn't believe the concussion story and Port are being dangerous similar to what they did in his career. He is having many documenting concussion issues post his career and doesn't believe the spin coming from Port.

Sent from my SM-T220 using Tapatalk

How should the AFL punish them? There's no point in giving them a fine because the AFL would have to pay it for them.
There was a good somewhere that outlined what they should do.

At least fire the doctor and make sure the players miss next week at an absolute minimum.

Sent from my SM-T220 using Tapatalk

This doctor needs to be removed.

It’s not funny.

He has a history, a really bad record of putting players at risk.

Players association should be all over it.

They were both concussed. 100%. One more serious than the other, but both players should have been removed from the game.

Ken saying “Alir was fine to talk to” Is embarrassing.

I’d love to hear some other opinions on this from other doctors.

Let’s hope it explodes next week, so that this pathetic pattern can stop.

This doctor needs to be removed.

It’s not funny.

He has a history, a really bad record of putting players at risk.

Players association should be all over it.

They were both concussed. 100%. One more serious than the other, but both players should have been removed from the game.

Ken saying “Alir was fine to talk to” Is embarrassing.

I’d love to hear some other opinions on this from other doctors.

Let’s hope it explodes next week, so that this pathetic pattern can stop.

The AFL must make a stand otherwise they will set a precedent that could cost them billions.

I copped a horrible concussion playing school footy which cut my footy playing days very short.

I consider myself lucky for "being a pussy" and saying yeah, nah to any more. Decided that between tennis and StarCraft: Brood War I had far healthier things to ruin my schooling with by obsessing over.
You chose wisely. Brood War was awesome.

I remember trying to catch any available bootleg stream of the early Korean pro scene on my shitty dialup Internet. Between the constant buffering and the screaming Korean commentators I had little idea what was going on, but damn was it good.
I loved those games but could never play competitive for s**t because I couldn't wrap my head around how to use shortcut keys. Instead I would just save scum my way through the single player campaign lol.

I loved those games but could never play competitive for s**t because I couldn't wrap my head around how to use shortcut keys. Instead I would just save scum my way through the single player campaign lol.
You made the right choice not worrying. As a terran, after a few years my wrists started to resemble that of an 80 year old arthritic patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back