Roast The Non Goal: F*** the AFL, court injunction?

What compensation will we receive from the AFL?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It would not have altered the outcome at all in this case. The "system" was clearly at fault.
Exactly, the ARC couldn't act as a fail-safe for howler decisions made on field.

Hopefully going forward they can contact the onfield umpires to rectify these scenarios.

The Grand Final at the MCG is the perfect example... That's where the game is played. Always has been. That is not changing. Locked in for the next 50 years. Sure, that's an advantage for some Vic clubs, in terms of travel and ground familiarity, but it isn't a home game. I would LOVE to see every Hawthorn member get a GF ticket, but we don't. Competing clubs get the same number of tickets. The crowd roars for both teams on Grand Final day. It's not a 100% partisan crowd like finals played in Adelaide, Perth, Sydney or Brisbane.

I never knew those away games against Port at Adelaide Oval were so rough for us.

I think you’ve got a point in there somewhere, but this isn’t it

Not sure I ever will. What annoys me is that the AFL has been testing technology that would have sorted this live for the past 3 years. Sounds like they have been dragging their feet not wanting to spend the money.
The MacLachlan legacy will be the poor introduction of AFLW and otherwise general ineptitude. Very disappointing term as a leader. But still better than Dimitriou (can't even be bothered with the Google check on the spelling). His legacy is that of a co-conspirator in the biggest drug cheating scandal in Australian sport history.

It's not surprising the new guy comes from the inside. Too many skeletons in the AFL closet to allow a proper look by someone who might actually be an expert administrator.

If they barrack for both they aren't a genuine supporter of either. They are a bandwagon jumper.
They would say their team is SA. It's okay with soccer and cricket where there is one side. It's not acceptable with aussie rules though. State of origin is dead. Pick your side and live with the consequences.

My dad is a ten pound pom. Maybe I should explain it to him in terms he could understand. Imagine supporting both Man City and Man Utd. I've been to Manchester. That s**t would get you a well earned beating.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Afl loves money i dont get why they didnt say we made a mistake sydney vs Adelaide during the bye round for the mistake... so a trial for the 8th vs 9th they wanna bring in like covid with the night granny

Afl loves money i dont get why they didnt say we made a mistake sydney vs Adelaide during the bye round for the mistake... so a trial for the 8th vs 9th they wanna bring in like covid with the night granny
We finished 10th .. Bulldogs finished 9th

T
Time to get rid of goal umpires.

99 % of decisions are obvious. Field and boundary umpire can work em out.

Refer any close ones to ARC without a soft call.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
The new tech the AFL is bringing in most likely round 1 2025 or possibly some time next year will eventually mean the end of goal umps. The tech does everything a goal ump can do but more accurately.

Last edited:
T

The new tech the AFL is bringing in most likely round 1 2025 or possibly some time next year will eventually mean the end of goal umps. The tech does everything a goal ump can do but more accurately.
As far as I'm concerned, the goal umpire died the day they got rid of the overcoat and the top hat.

Back