MFC Fans Only Non-Demons AFL Discussion – 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Early days but this is the reality check I expected for the suns the minute they stepped off the sunshine coast
I’m not going off them yet. Bulldogs looked good against us for half of the first

Oskar Baker goes bang!

I’m not going off them yet. Bulldogs looked good against us for half of the first
It's not looking great when you're getting schooled by weightman and baker up forward

Against my better judgement I picked the Suns perhaps trying to pick too many upsets. I did say I should change my tip because it's in Ballarat and the doggies generally don't lose there. A bit like Brad Scott's North Melbourne don't lose in Hobart.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched the Front Bar with Greg Williams , he would of been lucky to stay on the park in todays footy . His handballs were elite , either side , and he was a good kick as well .

Watched the Front Bar with Greg Williams , he would of been lucky to stay on the park in todays footy . His handballs were elite , either side , and he was a good kick as well .

Being a dual sided player is such a lost art these days. I think of guys like Akermanis, Sam Mitchell, even Vince and Brayshaw for us (Brayshaw never had elite disposal but he was basically an average kick on both sides).

Nice little junk time out the back stealing a teammates goal from JUH

That one is peak selfish and you can't convince me otherwise

Being a dual sided player is such a lost art these days. I think of guys like Akermanis, Sam Mitchell, even Vince and Brayshaw for us (Brayshaw never had elite disposal but he was basically an average kick on both sides).
Vince was terrific off both sides. Jordan Lewis also very even on both.

Akers left was better than the majority of the current comps natural foot. Underrated player because of his mouth

Akers left was better than the majority of the current comps natural foot. Underrated player because of his mouth

He is easily the best half forward/mid hybrid we've ever seen. I know people will say Dusty but he plays more like an inside mid who can go to full forward. If you look at Akers highlights on youtube it is ridiculous, he was one of the very rare breed where he could finish when at a full sprint.

Richmond are somewhat crippled by injuries but geez they're going to be bad this year.
I reckon that was such a dumb choice by Yze. I know you gotta take your chances but he's destined to fail. No team wins 3 on the trot or 3 in 4 and just continues on without a fall away

Remove this Banner Ad

Back