Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I still have nightmares from when we were well in control against Brisbane in 2019 and rolled over and got absolutely smashed. Just ... stopped at quarter time.

Gets forgotten in favour of the Richmond and Hawthorn losses late in the season, but ugh. Glad it happened to Brisbane this time even though I would back Brisbane over Carlton any other day of the week haha ... Including in my tipping this week doh

That Brisbane game in 2019 really was a sign of things that year.

1 good qtr then stuff all.

I was out for tea and saw the qtr time score and felt smug then as the night went on I got all the comments from people "oh mate, what's going on?"

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
I was at the pub in Melbourne watching that game when Sam Butler was there with the premiership cup, got a photo with it etc. then we get flogged

The excuse at the time was that the ball was slippery and the conditions didn't suit us.

Lame excuses was also a sign of things to come.

I think my favourite as the season wore on was people being convinced we were holding something, anything back for finals because we didn't want to show our hand too early. Instead of you know, winning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For the full range of; “we suck”, “we’re not going to win anything” comments, feel free to read our post mortem thread on our board.

You guys have been rather soft on us here, compared to our own.

Unfortunately last nights performance is not new for us, and highlights a couple of issues some on our board have mentioned for a few years now.

The excuse at the time was that the ball was slippery and the conditions didn't suit us.

Lame excuses was also a sign of things to come.

I think my favourite as the season wore on was people being convinced we were holding something, anything back for finals because we didn't want to show our hand too early. Instead of you know, winning.

I’m all for piling on and was in the brigade of we went soft so often on teams to win by 2-4 goals when we should have been winning by 8-10 because we took the foot off the throat…

No other side would have beaten brissy that night in 2019… it was the most oppressive footy conditions I’ve ever sat through. It was still 34 -37 degrees at game time and stayed over 30 all game with humidity through the roof. It was a sweat box.

No Dev Robertson last night.May regret his decision when our young mids develop over the next couple of years and there's no room for him anymore.

May not be any room in Brisbane's side either over the next couple of years either.

Hmmm...decisions decisions

For the full range of; “we suck”, “we’re not going to win anything” comments, feel free to read our post mortem thread on our board.

You guys have been rather soft on us here, compared to our own.

Unfortunately last nights performance is not new for us, and highlights a couple of issues some on our board have mentioned for a few years now.

How far off is the Daicos chip scab mkII? Legit can't remember his name but did his knee - father/son.

No Dev Robertson last night.May regret his decision when our young mids develop over the next couple of years and there's no room for him anymore.

May not be any room in Brisbane's side either over the next couple of years either.

He’s out injured

Had off season surgery

Currently injured - that said, there arguably isn't room in Brisbane's side for him already, and he will only fall further down the pecking order as highly rated new draftees are brought on.

West Coast won't be constrained to the same extent by salary cap concerns when looking to bring in players during the next trade period, so will likely overlook him for more productive targets.

He's been loyal to the Lions, which is admirable, but the decision he made will result in him having a much shorter career as a professional footballer.

Part of me wants to see GC fail and eventually fold.

The other part of me wants to see them win a flag before Fremantle.

Gold Coast wins a flag, owners think they should keep pushing for more flags, bankrupts the club by signing a contract to buy 1 million Gold Coast back to back merchandise from a dodgy vendor in China.

Done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back