Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Thread X

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

like the Tiger of old!! team of downhill skiers.

Cotchin the most overrated player in the league.

bring back Nahas! at least he was good for a laugh.

Knights to save them please let it happen

Knights motto: Best type of defence is attack. Would suit the Tigers nicely actually. Run forward looking like superstars but don't worry about accountability running the other way. It would also mean they wont miss Rance if he leaves.

his highlights package at half time was amazing. brutal tackling.

I love Nathan Jones- for how good he is, he still doesn't get that many plaudits.

Just about my favourite non-Essendon player.
Well, he doesn't get many plaudits but if I could have a dollar for every time it is mentioned he is underrated I'll be a millionaire.

I think he is rated at about the right level. Good player, no superstar. Too many limitations to his game.

Well, he doesn't get many plaudits but if I could have a dollar for every time it is mentioned he is underrated I'll be a millionaire.

I think he is rated at about the right level. Good player, no superstar. Too many limitations to his game.
I think he is more than just a good player. Not a superstar either but then, not many are.

He's a gun, however.

I have a Hawthorn mate who still tries to argue he wouldn't make their side. He was wrong in 2014 and he's wrong now.

I love Nathan Jones- for how good he is, he still doesn't get that many plaudits.

Just about my favourite non-Essendon player.
It's strange, I had a list of about five favourite non-Essendon players.

That list, in order, was;

1. Brendon Goddard
2. Paul Chapman
3. Adam Cooney
4. Nathan Jones
5. Luke Hodge

:p

Rance is a bloody good defender, don't undersell him. If we managed to sign him as an UFA we'd have arguably 3 of the top 5 key defenders in the comp.

He is a good player, and I have nothing against the bloke but he is treated like the greatest defender to play the game. He takes a mark that players take every game but the media lose themselves at everything he does. Constantly calling him an AA defender with every passage of play. Yet glossing over the achievements of other players.

He is a good player. He is not a superstar. He cant control what people say about him but I can still be annoyed by it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rance's good looks adds a little sugar coating to the good things he does.

This thread has now jumped shark.

Don't let Channel 7's obsession with Rance cloud your judgement. McKenzie, Rance, McDonald and Talia are the best stoppers in the game (McPharln may still keep this company). Hurley seems to be very quickly closing the gap to these players and may now have joined them.

Hooker is completely different, we don't even play him on the oppositions best forwards, the players Rance and co take each week, unless the match ups suit (which is rare).

Hooker, like Michael Johnson at Fremantle and Harry Taylor, is most effective killing the high ball generally or zoning off the slower forwards to take intercept marks (and Hooker is the best defensive contested mark in the game). He's also probably better on the rebound than Rance, though Rance rebounding is probably a different thing give the opponents taken.

That Hogan beat Rance is a reflection of the freak that Hogan is, not that Rance is overrated.

This thread has now jumped shark.

Don't let Channel 7's obsession with Rance cloud your judgement. McKenzie, Rance, McDonald and Talia are the best stoppers in the game (McPharln may still keep this company). Hurley seems to be very quickly closing the gap to these players and may now have joined them.

Hooker is completely different, we don't even play him on the oppositions best forwards, the players Rance and co take each week, unless the match ups suit (which is rare).

Hooker, like Michael Johnson at Fremantle and Harry Taylor, is most effective killing the high ball generally or zoning off the slower forwards to take intercept marks (and Hooker is the best defensive contested mark in the game). He's also probably better on the rebound than Rance, though Rance rebounding is probably a different thing give the opponents taken.

That Hogan beat Rance is a reflection of the freak that Hogan is, not that Rance is overrated.
He's overrated mate.

I tend to feel he is a little overrated, but it's hard to argue with the stat he hadn't lost a single one-on-one contest until last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back