Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton?
I think they are real. Maybe. Pretty lucky v Tigers

Carlton are much better than freo because they have real firepower. I still worry about their defence a bit in finals but they definitely will make the 8.

Wow, may as well sign them all for 10 years

I could be wrong but i was pretty sure that was the amount within the cap post covid but ill see if i can check up on that.

Carlton are much better than freo because they have real firepower. I still worry about their defence a bit in finals but they definitely will make the 8.
No worries the 8, but are they top 2 material? They will have a lull, but as you say, their forwards and mids are elite.

No worries the 8, but are they top 2 material? They will have a lull, but as you say, their forwards and mids are elite.

In a normal league carlton are 6-8 imo but this is a weak quality league atm so they could end up top 3 this year yes.

When Freo regain Darcy, they'll be even better up forward with Amiss and Jackson, plus their MF is also elite. When up and going, they will be hard to beat.

When Freo regain Darcy, they'll be even better up forward with Amiss and Jackson, plus their MF is also elite. When up and going, they will be hard to beat.

Freo look better without Darcy and allowing Jackson to be a mobile ruck

Darcy returning may actually upset the balance and work against them

How so? Genuinely curious, I haven’t watched a lot of North under Clarkson.

At the time I posted this, Carlton had pinned North in their back half when North had possession centrally they were short kicking to ball the HBF almost on the boundary line as that was the only "free" option available. Making it really easy for Carlton to set up behind the ball. The current Meta is to move the ball into space, forcing gaps in the defensive structure as it adjusts to cover that space that you move through. Playing it safe is a trap.

Having Darcy and Jackson is like having two wicketkeepers in the one team.

Jackson isn't that good as a marking forward. He's very, very good as a ruckman - but really only plays forward in a pinch. Think Rhys Stanley, but a bit more consistent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pains me to say it but Carlton are looming as the team to beat
The big games are always at the G and they will have an awakened army behind them not unlike Collingwood

But I'm still not over 95 so hopefully they win nothing

The big games are always at the G and they will have an awakened army behind them not unlike Collingwood

Exactly, in every way

They have t beaten anyone of note it’s a long year

Way too early to be making that call at round 3

Pretty enthralling game here between the Saints and Bombers - except, neither team really has any good players.

Hard to say where our form sits - if we beat the Hawks on Monday, we'll have beaten 3 teams that have 1 win out of 9 games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back