Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

They are a much better side with Parker in the magoos.

Their midfield is now full of speed, precise skill and top notch decision makers. Parker was a gun, but a hack forward territory player. Trust me, I've talked to Swans supporters whose position is this.

The Parker (missing, but a blessing in disguise) swap for Heeney in midfield ignited their season.
Yep, as I said, in the background.
I think it's great seeing a team like Swans turning it on after that GF loss.

It's pretty joyless to be honest.
Tbh, I enjoy watching really excellent teams display skills, and when we are so far off the pace, it's no crime to appreciate teams that have it.

Tbh, I enjoy watching really excellent teams display skills, and when we are so far off the pace, it's no crime to appreciate teams that have it.
Yeah I guess that's nice for a while, and good on them, but man I wish they didn't match gulden, or campbell, or any of the others

It's pretty joyless to be honest.
I mean....if the Cats don't win the flag in 2024, I'd MUCH rather it be Sydney than someone like Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon or Melbourne.

It's great seeing a well-drilled and highly-performing contender that will help keep those teams out of it.

They are a much better side with Parker in the magoos.

Their midfield is now full of speed, precise skill and top notch decision makers. Parker was a gun, but a hack forward territory player. Trust me, I've talked to Swans supporters whose position is this.

The Parker (missing, but a blessing in disguise) swap for Heeney in midfield ignited their season.

Looking at this, they might be without Parker for a few weeks at VFL level as well....

A lot of fluctuations in form can happen due to training, injuries, managing players etc. 3 weeks is a long time in footy.

They are looking very impressive mind you.
I'd say that about every other side. Sydney at the SCG is the one game I'd pencil in as an auto-loss, but I hope I'm wrong.

I'd say that about every other side. Sydney at the SCG is the one game I'd pencil in as an auto-loss, but I hope I'm wrong.

Other than the Buddy milestone match, we don't seem so too bad at the SCG - we had a draw last year with chances to win, in 21 it was a 2pt loss after leading by 28pts at 1/4 time & a late Jeremy Cameron mark on the goal line was called "NOT 15" before he even marked it...

He then spent the warm up at the MCG the next week lining up in the same spot he would have had that kick from, and yes it would have been after the siren - he kicked about 10 in a row not moving off his line

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back