North Central Football League - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: charlton vs birchip/watchem

Geez that anthony judd was very impressive in the first half over in boort yesterday. Pissing down rain, wet, slippery conditions, i think he had five goals at half time, really kept charlton right in the contest.

Funny note to come out of the game, Riley Koops, best player for the bulls, played his first ever game in the rain yesterday. Now, that is amazing for a 18-19 year old fella. Shows how shitty drought has been over the past eight years or so.

PS, Birchip Watchem won by about four goals, and were very well lead by Robbie Lee, who was on the bottom of the packs all day, making up for the injured scambler who didnt play.

I see judd was the only multiple goal kicker for charlton with 6 and klifford the only other one to snag one. Did James McGrath play if so did Andrews play him up forward? I'd say that would be a very disapointing result for charlton who would of been hoping ot take it up to the bulls.

I'm pretty sure it wouldnt of been the first time koops has played in the rain. I csan recall a couple of wet weekends in the past 5 years.

Does anyone know the progress of scambler? will he play in 2 weeks time when they come up against boort:)?

Speaking of Boort how is Aidy Parkers H'String???
Any other injuries coming from the weekend 1's or 2's?

There you go Brett jeffery's as everyone expected took it out last night good effort from the big bald monkey, but what an effort by the wedderburn ball magnents in Gash and Douglas polling very well with equal runners up, gunna be hard to beat come grandfianl day!!!!

Who was the top from each club and how many votes did they get?
Slabba got up in the 2's?

Who's everyone's tip for the weekend
Birchip V's Charlton 30 points
Boort V's Charlton 12 points
St Arnaud V's Charlton 24points
Wedderburn V's Boort Mercy Rule

yeah well you tipped pretty well for the weekend only getting one right. you werent really close at all in the juniors with boort pretty much beating wedderburn by the mercy rule and charlton beating st arnaud pretty easy in the 16s. do u even watch the games?

I see judd was the only multiple goal kicker for charlton with 6 and klifford the only other one to snag one. Did James McGrath play if so did Andrews play him up forward? I'd say that would be a very disapointing result for charlton who would of been hoping ot take it up to the bulls.

I'm pretty sure it wouldnt of been the first time koops has played in the rain. I csan recall a couple of wet weekends in the past 5 years.

Does anyone know the progress of scambler? will he play in 2 weeks time when they come up against boort:)?

Speaking of Boort how is Aidy Parkers H'String???
Any other injuries coming from the weekend 1's or 2's?

pretty confident there when boort has beaten wedderburn comfortably both times and shouldnt have much trouble doing it again. i think boort would be more worried about B/W than them.
dont think scambler will be right till the grand final when after they beat wedderburn in the pelim.
aidy parker should be right for this week

Is it true that the Wedderburn under 13s were smashed by a plague-like illness that swept through the team?

What was the go with the Under 16'sa match which resulted in three players getting reported? Was she just a good ol fashioned Melee/punch on or all separate incidents?

Oh and Shags im pretty sure that Koopsy woulda played some wet weather footy at some stage throughout his career mate!

Is it true that the Wedderburn under 13s were smashed by a plague-like illness that swept through the team?

Unfortunately tends to happen to at least one side every finals time, whether it be footy, netball of hockey... Hope no schools have camps this year..

Dripper or Made4 have you got a story as to what happened in St Arnaud the other weekend??? a few boys play up a little bit to much???
Yeah i heard the same thing, rumour is going around a couple of the lads r in a bit of trouble not just with the footy club but with the cops as well. Something in the beer down there.

Geez that anthony judd was very impressive in the first half over in boort yesterday. Pissing down rain, wet, slippery conditions, i think he had five goals at half time, really kept charlton right in the contest.

Funny note to come out of the game, Riley Koops, best player for the bulls, played his first ever game in the rain yesterday. Now, that is amazing for a 18-19 year old fella. Shows how shitty drought has been over the past eight years or so.

PS, Birchip Watchem won by about four goals, and were very well lead by Robbie Lee, who was on the bottom of the packs all day, making up for the injured scambler who didnt play.

yeah i reckon ya rite there shags, heard him tellin people in the sheds after teh game. obviously wood of played on weekends where there was a shower of so but not plke saturday i dare say!

Yeah i heard the same thing, rumour is going around a couple of the lads r in a bit of trouble not just with the footy club but with the cops as well. Something in the beer down there.

Certain players smashed pool cues and pots, plus one did damage to the juke box plus another one pissed on the pool table I was told from a reliable source. Not good.

Great to see that they Charlton 2nds lost and they cant stack their 2nds like they always planned to. Perhaps they should have been more concerned with putting the best senior team on the park everyday rather than qualifying senior players for seconds

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great to see that they Charlton 2nds lost and they cant stack their 2nds like they always planned to. Perhaps they should have been more concerned with putting the best senior team on the park everyday rather than qualifying senior players for seconds

I dare say Charlton's may concern would've been their senior side considering they weren't comfortably in the top four. Once they were in the finals they once again wouldn't have stacked as they would've fancied their chances to beat Birchip-Watchem as who knows what side they were going to bring. Clubs are worried about winning senior premierships not seconds.

ESPECIALLY since Birchip/Watchem had only just lost to Wyche/Narraport, along with the big out, mr J Scambler, if i were part of the charlton side, i certainly would have fancied my chances!

Certain players smashed pool cues and pots, plus one did damage to the juke box plus another one pissed on the pool table I was told from a reliable source. Not good.

Apparently this person also pissed under the pool table, and beside it, and also on and behind the bar! I suppose thats the curse of a small league for you, everyone knows everything, yet more likely than not, no one knows anything at all! Unless you were at the place where the incident apparently occured, you don't really know much at all, do ya!?

Note, given this could be/become a criminal case, no names are to be mentioned unless the FC, or Police issue a statement (through the paper or whatever) I am referring to the announcement which was recently removed "Protect yourself: check your own facts."

Games This Week:
Boort v Wedderburn - Likely a preview of the Grand Final, but its sure to be a great game, in what is supposed to be good conditions. Perryman to kick 8, Stenhouse 4, Boort to win by 5 goals, Mr Feeny B.O.G, but they need to stop Douglas.
Birchip v Wedderburn - Birchip are probably the side to beat in the 2's, but i think they'l find themselves with a tough one this week, with Wedderburn able to play anyone anywhere (1's and 2's) Birchip to win, if Hall is kept quiet.
Donald v Boort - Playing to see who gets to beat Charlton next week, Donald by heaps, L Anderson Best on ground
Donald v St Arnaud - Donalds only losses are to St Arnaud, while St Arnaud have lost to Wyche, Donald and Charlton. I haven't seen much junior footy this year, but much and much this one, toss a coin, but this will be a grand final preview

Definitely some interesting games... Hopefully the Wedderburn Ones and Twos have managed to avoid the Burn plague...

pretty confident there when boort has beaten wedderburn comfortably both times and shouldnt have much trouble doing it again. i think boort would be more worried about B/W than them.
dont think scambler will be right till the grand final when after they beat wedderburn in the pelim.
aidy parker should be right for this week

yeah they were on saturday morning. i think they call it the boort under 13 team

I really can't wait till this weekend. Wont be long till its a repeat of boort's 2006 season again. Can't win a premiship for 20 or so years has gotta keep ya confindent hey?

And the Wedderburn under 13 team did have at least half their team barly standing after getting hit by the flu.

Note From Mod: Play the ball, not the man... If you don't agree with something, attack the issue, not the poster

pretty sure that wont be a problem when most of their players are from melbourne or bendigo!!

Locals and Bendigo players have been training both nights for a while and these blokes account for over 2/3 of the team...... so they are susceptible! :)

Both sides are getting close to full strength from all reports so should be a good game and a good indication! May the best team win!

I really can't wait till this weekend. Wont be long till its a repeat of boort's 2006 season again. Can't win a premiship for 20 or so years has gotta keep ya confindent hey?

desmond desmond desmond why would it be a repeat of 06??
boort have a much better balance side batting all the way down, not like 06. they have the best ruckman by a mile the best forward and quality in the midfield, that will go a long way to breaking the drought.

GOOD LUCK TOMORROW BOORT BOYS.:thumbsu:

WELL WELL WELL
what a big weekend of footy we have ahead of us!
Wedderburn and Boort to take centre stage in the big showdown,
Key match ups-
One would think adam postle would have to take b.j
The evergreen john baird to line up a couple of paces behind Mark "Penut" Perrymen.
Royce benaim to tag Matty Rice out of the game.
The key to success for the Wedderburn team will be the physical presence and pressure they put on the ball carrier and the boort team in general, if boort are allowed to run and carry the ball it could be all over for the redbacks but i doubt the hardest man ever to pull on the footy boots Wedderburns coach Dean Lockheart will let this occur.
Boort will also need to shut down wedderburns prime movers in Russell the love muscle Douglas, and Daniel Gash!
Looks like it could be a good contest, wedderburn by 5 points

The twos is set to be another good game aswell with wedderburn goin in at $3.90 underdogs, due to there past two performances against birchip this year (1 point and 79 point losses) never the less wedderburn will have a full side and the boys that dont manage to sneek into the ones team will be able to play two's. The more expirienced heads of Lee Hall, Tim Lockheart and Aaron Lock will need to set the tone for there skillfull and younger counterparts in Josh Vella, Jess James and Al Colbert who have all had senior footy expirience this season!
Stoppin Ed lee, Sam Goldsmith, Terrance Young and "Troy" Cook will be vital in there quest for victorty.

Also all the wedderburn netball A's and B's will be out to finish off what they started last year.

GO REDBACKS BACK2BACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back