North Melbourne v West Coast Eagles - 1:10 Etihad

Pick a winner

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It should be at least a competitive match with it being in Melbourne.

IMG_0113.PNG

Disappointing not seeing Barrass in the West Coast team, he is a very good young player.

In saying that, North by 19 points, tipping with no confidence.

west coast i think are the most interesting team in the league. with recruits like mitchell, petrie, vardy and you could even say jetta and redden along with kennedy priddis shuey gaff mcgovern naitanui etc they could dominate the league.

west coast i think are the most interesting team in the league. with recruits like mitchell, petrie, vardy and you could even say jetta and redden along with kennedy priddis shuey gaff mcgovern naitanui etc they could dominate the league.

Yep. It's unlikely, but if all those players like Redden, Masten, Jetta, LeCras, Petrie, Vardy get anywhere near their best form then the Eagles will be hard to stop. Plus guys like Yeo and Darling haven't even come close to their ceilings.

Very difficult to put it all together, but still, I believe they really could take out the flag this year if it all gels.

Yep. It's unlikely, but if all those players like Redden, Masten, Jetta, LeCras, Petrie, Vardy get anywhere near their best form then the Eagles will be hard to stop. Plus guys like Yeo and Darling haven't even come close to their ceilings.

Very difficult to put it all together, but still, I believe they really could take out the flag this year if it all gels.

'If'.

On paper, it looks good. In real life - results may vary.

If we're serious about the flag these are the games we should be winning. This is not 2014-16 North, this is rebuilding North.

Really? I see Darling as a classic early bloomer. I also see some of those guys as a bit limited; no-one knows what Vardy's ceiling is but it could be lower than people think, Petrie is on the way down and Redden and Masten are solid foot soldiers.

For me, until Naitanui comes back, West Coast aren't premiership contenders.

And he will, Mitchell is one of the top ten players in the competition, but Naitanui turns this midfield from above average to great.
No denying this sentiment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

'If'.

On paper, it looks good. In real life - results may vary.

If we're serious about the flag these are the games we should be winning. This is not 2014-16 North, this is rebuilding North.

Really? I see Darling as a classic early bloomer. I also see some of those guys as a bit limited; no-one knows what Vardy's ceiling is but it could be lower than people think, Petrie is on the way down and Redden and Masten are solid foot soldiers.

For me, until Naitanui comes back, West Coast aren't premiership contenders.

Absolutely agree with both of you - I did say it was unlikely and very difficult to happen.

But Redden, Jetta and Masten have all had runs of form in the past that would put them at home in a top side, Petrie/Vardy don't need to be world beaters but if they are competitive it'll be big, and Yeo keeps looking good but not really delivering quite yet.

It's all a 'big if', just was agreeing with the original post that if it all clicks the Eagles will be very hard to stop

Back