News NMFC AFLW 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I mean do DCWFC wear North colours?

I don't care what you wear :)

The jumper is a cross between Melbourne and Essendon:( and our team song is based on Melbournes. I was previosly at Yarrambat, Hawthorn colours and song. Just can't win.

Honestly? Does the NMFC seriously give a fat rats crack what women think or what we bring to the table? I'm about to ring the club in the morning and ask them to not bother sending out my membership pack. I am totally disgusted with the attitude and behaviour of some of the men in this forum toward me as a woman. Yet this is our so-called supporter base. If I wanted abuse then I would go back to my violent and abusive ex-husband. I don't have to put up with abuse here or at a football game among a group of men who have no respect for me!

I'm livid and disgusted! I have never been rude to anybody else in this forum but people choose to talk down to me, question my motives and offer up abuse. Thanks Kangas and good luck convincing other women that you're seroius about women being involved with the game.

M.

Last edited:
We are not all like that and Men and Women in this forum deserve respect. Womens AFL will be great and i cant wait till the NMFC has there own team.

Honestly? Does the NMFC seriously give a fat rats crack what women think or what we bring to the table? I'm about to ring the club in the morning and ask them to not bother sending out my membership pack. I am totally disgusted with the attitude and behaviour of some of the men in this forum toward me as a woman. Yet this is our so-called supporter base. If I wanted abuse then I would go back to my violent and abusive ex-husband. I don't have to put up with abuse here or at a football game among a group of men who have no respect for me!

I'm livid and disgusted! I have never been rude to anybody else in this forum but people choose to talk down to me, question my motives and offer up abuse. Thanks Kangas and good luck convincing other women that you're seroius about women being involved with the game.

M.

That makes it two threads you've posted this rant on.

Did I miss something? That seems very random
Copied from the membership thread and entirely irrelevant to this topic.

I say that because anyone who cared about the subject matter would know how much the club values its partnership with the MUWFC.

Last edited:

M.
Im sorry can you explain your comment or give us examples of this abuse that you have received?

Because right now this is how everyone is perceiving you.
raw

I am totally disgusted with the attitude and behaviour of some of the men in this forum toward me as a woman.

This I do not understand. I haven't seen one comment on here that has been specifically directed towards you that could be considered sexist, misogynist or remotely inflammatory.
TBH - if you're that sensitive about some of the comments on here, then perhaps internet forums aren't really for you.
I hope you reconsider your views to cancel your membership and disappear from BF, but that's entirely your call.

This I do not understand. I haven't seen one comment on here that has been specifically directed towards you that could be considered sexist, misogynist or remotely inflammatory.
TBH - if you're that sensitive about some of the comments on here, then perhaps internet forums aren't really for you.
I hope you reconsider your views to cancel your membership and disappear from BF, but that's entirely your call.
Sounds like a prime candidate for essendon membership

(Log in to remove this ad.)

M.
Round two.

I know women working at the club, and I'm a woman who has been a supporter at games for a long time and a poster here for longer than most. There is no basis for accusing the club or this board of misogyny or disrespect.

You've obviously had some tough experiences and find stuff triggering, way beyond what is intended - I sincerely hope you can get the help you need.

Round two.

I know women working at the club, and I'm a woman who has been a supporter at games for a long time and a poster here for longer than most. There is no basis for accusing the club or this board of misogyny or disrespect.

You've obviously had some tough experiences and find stuff triggering, way beyond what is intended - I sincerely hope you can get the help you need.

What he said.

Gees, I'm torn on this. I know they are getting paid SFA and are putting in a lot of hours. But nobody is forcing them to.

My question is, if there is no men's competition generating billions, would they still expect more money, based on the time and effort they are committing?

Do the guys who play netball at national level deserve a slice of the pie that's coming in from the new women's comp broadcast deal?

We need to encourage women's participation without a doubt. And health insurance should an absolute must, if that hasn't been sorted out yet.

Gees, I'm torn on this. I know they are getting paid SFA and are putting in a lot of hours. But nobody is forcing them to.

My question is, if there is no men's competition generating billions, would they still expect more money, based on the time and effort they are committing?

Do the guys who play netball at national level deserve a slice of the pie that's coming in from the new women's comp broadcast deal?

We need to encourage women's participation without a doubt. And health insurance should an absolute must, if that hasn't been sorted out yet.

OTOH you could say that the value of the elite level is propped up by the health of the game at all levels. The quality and attractiveness of the AFL depends on the quality of feeder and development systems. The league funds Auskick, state leagues, the International Cup, TAC Cup, none of which would pay their way standalone. They use both men's and women's taxes to subsidise stadiums. I think it's perfectly reasonable to expect to pay women players meaningfully given the commitment that's asked of them. Even if ticket sales are low, they'll generate other revenue streams - selling ads against the broadcasts, league and club sponsorships, probably increased memberships from an increased women's fan base.

If the thinking re women's pay rates initially is "We all need to start low, while this thing takes off, and increase pay over time, when revenue streams and popularity increase.", then they're sort of giving the green light to the AFLPA's claim for a %age of TV rights. In other words if pay is related to income, then what's good for the geese, is good for the ganders.

OTOH you could say that the value of the elite level is propped up by the health of the game at all levels. The quality and attractiveness of the AFL depends on the quality of feeder and development systems. The league funds Auskick, state leagues, the International Cup, TAC Cup, none of which would pay their way standalone. They use both men's and women's taxes to subsidise stadiums. I think it's perfectly reasonable to expect to pay women players meaningfully given the commitment that's asked of them. Even if ticket sales are low, they'll generate other revenue streams - selling ads against the broadcasts, league and club sponsorships, probably increased memberships from an increased women's fan base.

This is spot on. After seeing Leigh Matthew's post I was planning to reply but when I read this I thought I couldn't say it better. With relation to the earlier comment from Roogal about women and the NMFC I think NMFC has been a leader in supporting women's football (support over many years for Melbourne University) and women's involvement in football (the increasing number of women employed by the club). However it might be time there was a woman on the board

Our strategy should be to continue to support the MUWFC and an equivalent women's Club in Tasmania. This could give us an edge when the next licences come up, which in my opinion will be 3-5 years off.

Our strategy should be to continue to support the MUWFC and an equivalent women's Club in Tasmania. This could give us an edge when the next licences come up, which in my opinion will be 3-5 years off.

I agree with this except that I believe there are very few women playing AFL in Tasmania so there is no league currently. This opens the opportunity for us to lay the groundwork for women's football in Tasmania through our academy, which together with supporting MUWFC will stand us in good stead for a future licence

M.

That's two calls to the club today to cancel the one membership. How did they go with that?

Methinks Roogal might just be having a bit of fun at our expense.

That's two calls to the club today to cancel the one membership. How did they go with that?

Methinks Roogal might just be having a bit of fun at our expense.
I think it majorly undersells the fine work that mods thru to posters do on this board and it's more than disrespectful.
the worse kind of troll IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back