NRL NRL 2024 - Round 12 (Indigenous Round)

Remove this Banner Ad

Tipping!

Thursday 23rd May
Canterbury-Bankstown vs St.George-Illawarra (Accor Stadium - 19:50)

Friday 24th May
North Queensland vs Wests Tigers (QCB Stadium - 18:00)
Manly-Warringah vs Melbourne (4 Pines Park - 20:00)

Saturday 25th May
Canberra vs Sydney Roosters (GIO Stadium - 15:00)
Cronulla-Sutherland vs Penrith (Pointsbet Stadium - 17:30)
South Sydney vs Parramatta (Accor Stadium - 19:35)

Sunday 26th May
Brisbane vs Gold Coast (Suncorp Stadium - 14:00)
New Zealand vs Dolphins (Go Media Stadium - 16:05)

Bye: Newcastle

Bulldogs: After being hospitalised with a staph infection last week which saw him miss Magic Round, Jaeman Salmon returns to the line up and will start in the second row, pushing Josh Curran back to the bench. Poasa Faamausili drops off the bench, with the 17 otherwise unchanged.
Dragons: Just one change to the 17 who took the field in the club’s last game prior to their Round 11 bye, with Luciano Leilua returning from injury on the bench at the expense of Ben Murdoch-Masila. Fullback Tyrell Sloan and winger Zac Lomax each have seven tries in 10 games so far this season.

Cowboys: Coach Todd Payten has named the same 17 who got the job done over the Rabbitohs at Magic Round, with Braidon Burns retaining a place on the wing after scoring a double in his club debut. Cameron Munster’s long-term injury has opened up a spot in the halves for the Maroons, so it shapes as a particularly big game for Cowboys’ No.6 Tom Dearden who is a contender to fill the void. Kyle Feldt has been named in the reserves and will be monitored at training before a decision is made on his availability. The veteran winger missed the Rabbitohs game with an ankle injury.
Wests Tigers: With both of their centres from last week picking up suspensions, Benji Marshall has been forced to reach deep into his roster for Indigenous Round with Declan Casey and Josh Feledy joining the backline. There is a big inclusion as well though, with Isaiah Papali’i returning from his own suspension to start in the second row. Justin Matamua joins the side and starts at lock, with Alex Twal dropping back to the bench.

Sea Eagles: A big in on the wing for Anthony Seibold’s men with Jason Saab back earlier than expected from a shoulder injury. Nathan Brown also returns from time out with a quad injury and takes the spot on the bench made vacant by the loss of Matt Lodge (biceps). There’s still no sign of first-choice hooker Lachlan Croker who hasn’t played since suffering concussion in Round 9, with Karl Lawton named to start in the No.9 jersey again.
Storm: Jahrome Hughes has been named to return from a calf injury and replaces Cameron Munster (groin), although a call on whether he actually plays might not be made until later in the week, with Melbourne having the option to give him a couple more weeks off if needed given they have a bye in Round 13. The versatile Grant Anderson has again been included on the bench, which includes Trent Loiero this week after he moved there prior to kick-off at Magic Round.

Raiders: Peter Hola comes in on the bench to replace suspended veteran Josh Papali’i in what is the only change to the 17 who beat the Bulldogs last week. Fullback Jordan Rapana and prop Joseph Tapine are both good to go after receiving monetary fines for charges picked up in Round 11.
Roosters: Joey Manu returns from the concussion protocol and bumps Junior Pauga back to the bench, with the backline otherwise unchanged and five-eighth Luke Keary good to go after undergoing a HIA inside the final 15 minutes of last week’s loss to the Sharks. Nat Butcher drops back to the reserves, with Victor Radley set to start on an edge and Naufahu Whyte coming in at lock. Connor Watson (throat) is also out and replaced by Sandon Smith.

Sharks: Stability is the catch cry in the Shire as the Sharks roll out the same 17 that knocked off the Roosters in Round 11. Halfback Nicho Hynes looks to press his Blues Origin claims further with another command performance while Cam Mcinnes, Jesse Ramien and Thomas Hazelton are also in the mix for rep honours. Braydon Trindall is again listed among the reserves as he looks to work his way back into a side that has now won seven on the trot.
Panthers: Scott Sorensen is promoted to the starting side after returning from a knee injury via the bench in Magic Round. Liam Henry returns from concussion and joins the bench with Luke Garner the man to miss out.

Rabbitohs: Jack Wighton has been shifted to five-eighth and Cody Walker moves to halfback in a playmaking reshuffle with Dion Teaupa dropping to 18th man. Taane Milne and Michael Chee Kam are the new centres and Izaac Thompson is relegated to the reserves. Jacob Host's return from suspension in the back row sees Siliva Havili move to the bench.
Eels: No sign of panic from interim coach Trent Barrett despite the thumping loss to the Storm with Ryan Matterson's return from illness the only change. Bryce Cartwright reverts to the bench and Luca Moretti drops to the reserves. Star halfback Mitch Moses remains sidelined with the foot injury that has kept him out since Round 3.

Broncos: Two big inclusions with fullback Reece Walsh (knee) and hooker Billy Walters (wrist) back on deck but centre Kotoni Staggs will miss the match with a fractured rib suffered against Manly. Selwyn Cobbo returns to the centres after playing fullback last week and Josiah Karapani retains his spot in Staggs' absence. Walters' return sees Tyson Smoothy go back to the bench and Blake Mozer make way. Payne Haas has been named to play despite suffering a toe injury last week.
Titans: Tom Weaver has been named to start at halfback and Chris Randall is again the five-eighth with veteran playmaker Kieran Foran listed among the reserves as he looks to return from a hamstring injury. Aaron Schoupp's departure to Manly sees Jojo Fifita shift to centre and Tony Francis come in on the wing for his NRL debut. With Jaimin Jolliffe sidelined by a pec injury, Josiah Pahulu will start in the front row and Joe Stimson joins the bench. Fullback Jayden Campbell remains sidelined with a knee injury.

Warriors: A triple boost for the Warriors with centre Rocco Berry (hand), back-rower Marata Niukore (foot) and hooker Freddy Lussick (concussion) all back on deck but Wayde Egan will miss the game under the NRL concussion protocol. Ali Leiataua is sidelined by an ankle injury while Paul Roache is replaced on the bench by Niukore. Utility Chanel Harris-Tavita has been listed among the reserves as he looks to work his way back from a calf injury.
Dolphins: Lock Max Plath's return from concussion protocols pushes Kenny Bromwich to the bench and Kurt Donoghoe to the reserves in the only change to the squad that beat Wests Tigers in Magic Round.

Last edited:

How do we end up with a crap game in prime time on Saturday and the lead in is 1st vs defending premiers.

Sharks request some games in that slot it suits their fans, don’t ask me why they just do- sharks leagues club next door takes it in for dinner, etc after these games.

Sharks request some games in that slot it suits their fans, don’t ask me why they just do- sharks leagues club next door takes it in for dinner, etc after these games.
Have you ever been to the Sharks leagues club?

Biggest ****ing hole I've ever set foot in. Place needs to be knocked down and rebuilt. Stadium and club.

Biggest ******* hole I've ever set foot in. Place needs to be knocked down and rebuilt. Stadium and club.

I'm not saying you are wrong mate lol (worst leagues club in NSW), just telling you why the Sharks have a lot of 5:30pm Saturday games. They request it, similarly the Cowboys request 85% of home games to be Saturdays (fans travel big distances in that area to get to games). Newcastle also request more Sunday afternoon games for their fans.

Hardest round ever to pick

Dragons- utterly no confidence whatsoever, complete 50/50 game, still look at Hunt as being the best of the spine in both sides and he may be the difference
Cowboys- Tigers are terrible and Cowboys at home should be too strong
Melbourne- not as confident and this tip has an asterix, if Hughes doesn't play I'll tip Manly, assuming he's playing.
Raiders- Gut feeling more than anything, there's always one silly result every weekend.
Sharks- this will be a cracking contest I'll go the home team
Souths- if anyone has any idea how to tip this game I'll love to know, Souths who are diabolical, Parra who have sacked their coach with no Moses. Good luck. If Souths can't win this they may not win another game all season.
Broncos- by a lot nothing needs to be added here
Warriors- not completely sure on this I'll go Warriors at home but the Dolphins are the better side, this could be as good as the Sharks/Penrith game. Cracking game on a sunday afternoon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As for AFB, this is why it's s**t you can sign with a different club from so far out.

He's clearly not interested in being with the Warriors anymore and no one will convince me it's in the Warriors best interest to have a player that's half assing it.

I agree.

I think there needs to be a 'trade period', maybe during an Origin standalone weekend. That gives them half a season which is still less than ideal but a whole lot better than a whole season ahead.

Players can grow a pair and put in

Biggest ******* hole I've ever set foot in. Place needs to be knocked down and rebuilt. Stadium and club.

The leagues club has been and is currently closed for renovations and has been for 2 years. But the ALP governments attack on sporting clubs a few years back means they won't dare spend any money on sporting facilities so the planned stadium renovations can't go ahead. Thanks AnAl...

The real reason is not the Sharks requesting it, it's the simple fact that the broadcasters don't see the Sharks as prime time material.

The Donkeys play 90% of Friday night matches and the Roosters and Rabbitohs make up the rest of the prime time matches.

Same thing happened last round with a crap game in prime time because it was the Rabbitohs playing whilst the match of the round was 5:30.

If the Sharks had a choice, it'd be Sunday afternoon all the way!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back