NRL NRL 2024 - Round 13

Remove this Banner Ad

Tipping!

Thursday 30th May
Parramatta vs Cronulla-Sutherland (CommBank Stadium - 19:50)

Friday 31st May
Newcastle vs Canterbury-Bankstown (McDonald Jones Stadium - 20:00)

Saturday 1st June
Penrith vs St.George-Illawarra (BlueBet Stadium - 17:30)
Dolphins vs Canberra (Kayo Stadium - 19:35)

Sunday 2nd June
Sydney Roosters vs North Queensland (Allianz Stadium - 16:05)

Byes: Brisbane, Gold Coast, Manly-Warringah,
Melbourne, New Zealand, South Sydney, Wests Tigers

Eels: A huge boost for the Eels with skipper Clint Gutherson (knee) and halfback Mitch Moses (foot) both named to return from injury while centre Will Penisini (infection) is also back on deck. Gutherson's return pushes young gun Blaize Talagi to the bench while Dylan Brown shifts back to five-eighth and Daejarn Asi drops to the reserves. Brendan Hands is the new hooker with Joey Lussick relegated to the reserves. Joe Ofahenague starts at lock with J'maine Hopgood in Maroons camp. Wiremu Greig has been recalled for his first game since Round 5 and will join the interchange alongside Talagi, Shaun Lane and Makahesi Makatoa.
Sharks: Braydon Trindall returns to the side to fill the void left by Nicho Hynes (NSW selection), while Jack Williams starts at lock in place of workaholic forward Cameron McInnes who is also away with the Blues. Toby Rudolf is back from time out with a knee injury to bolster Craig Fitzgibbon’s bench.

Knights: After a week off with the bye the Knights return to action with a couple of changes to the side which beat the Titans in Round 11. Daniel Saifiti returns from suspension to take a place on the bench ahead of Jack Hetherington, while Krystian Mapapalangi replaces the injured Bradman Best at centre.
Bulldogs: Toby Sexton and Drew Hutchison team up together in the halves with Matt Burton away in Blues camp. Captain Stephen Crichton is also out on state duty, so Jacob Kiraz moves to centre and Blake Wilson comes in on the wing for his first NRL game since Round 3. Jacob Preston moves into the second row for the injured Viliame Kikau and Kurt Mann returns at lock after being rested last week.

Panthers: Fullback Daine Laurie, winger Jesse McLean, halfback Brad Schneider and back-rowers Liam Henry and Lindsay Smith are the new faces in Ivan Cleary's starting line-up with five stars away on Origin duty. Playmaker Trent Toelau and back-rower Preston Riki make their NRL debuts off the bench alongside Mavrik Geyer and Tyrone Peachey, who plays just his second game of the season.
Dragons: Sione Finau comes in on the wing for his second career game to replace NSW Blues debutant Zac Lomax while Max Feagai and brother Mat also join the backline in place of the injured Jack Bird and Mikaele Ravalawa, who has been relegated to the reserves. Jesse Marschke is the new halfback in Ben Hunt's absence while Jack de Belin moves to prop to cover for Hame Sele (shoulder). With Jaydn Su'A on Maroons duty, Luciano Leilua joins the starting side as does Raymond Faitala-Mariner. The Couchman brothers Toby and Ryan have been added to the bench as has Ben Murdoch-Masila with Fa'amanu Brown moved to 18th man.

Dolphins: Livewire fullback Trai Fuller returns with Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow on Maroons duty while Mark Nicholls moves into the starting side at prop with Felise Kaufusi also in Queensland camp. Anthony Milford is the new face on the bench. Tom Flegler remains sidelined with a shoulder injury and will target a return after his side's Round 14 bye.
Raiders: Veteran big man Josh Papali'i returns from suspension at prop and Ata Mariota joins the starting side in the back row with Hudson Young on Blues Origin duty. Simi Sasagi is the new face on the bench and Peter Hola has been dropped to the reserves.

Roosters: Junior Pauga joins the backline to fill the void left by Joseph Sua'ali'i, who makes his Origin debut for the Blues. Terrell May starts at prop and Nat Butcher comes into the back row with Lindsay Collins and Angus Crichton away on Origin duty. With Spencer Leniu in Blues camp and Egan Butcher out for the season with a knee injury, a new-look bench includes Siua Wong, Sitili Tupouniua and Michael Jennings, who has recovered from a triceps injury. Luke Keary has been named at five-eighth and is expected to be released from NSW camp where he is on standby for Nicho Hynes.
Cowboys: Mass changes for Todd Payten with Val Holmes, Murray Taulagi, Jeremiah Nanai, Reece Robson, Tom Dearden and Reuben Cotter all on Maroons Origin duty. Tom Chester returns from a hamstring injury in the centres while Braidon Burns gets another shot on the wing after an impressive club debut in Round 11. Jake Clifford comes in at five-eighth for his second game of the season, Jake Granville is the new hooker and Thomas Mikaele and Kulikefu Finefeuiaki move into the starting side. Harrison Edwards and Gehamat Shibasaki have been added to the bench.

Last edited:

Thanks. I was much criticised on a Wigan forum for saying I thought he'd been OK, but no massive impact, and people were saying, yeah, but Andrew Johns says he's doing great, and I said fine, but AJ isn't going to knock a new Newcastle recruit, he's going to talk him up. I just said, compare his impact on the game compared to Frizell on the other side (when available). Also, I don't understand why Newcastle didn't try to use his height to compete for short drop-outs and so on. That used to be quite a weapon when he was at Wigan.

Thanks. I was much criticised on a Wigan forum for saying I thought he'd been OK, but no massive impact, and people were saying, yeah, but Andrew Johns says he's doing great, and I said fine, but AJ isn't going to knock a new Newcastle recruit, he's going to talk him up. I just said, compare his impact on the game compared to Frizell on the other side (when available). Also, I don't understand why Newcastle didn't try to use his height to compete for short drop-outs and so on. That used to be quite a weapon when he was at Wigan.
Yeah I certainly wouldn't say he's had a massive impact, hasn't yet scored a try I don't think.

He does look good but he's a long way from the finished product. Even Lachy Fitzgibbon (who I didn't rate at all) knew how to run the right lines to find the tryline.

I think he'll get there.

Klein already showing his bias towards the Sharks, allows the Shark defenders to hold Gutho down for 4/5 seconds, yet gives the Shark six again for a suspect ruck infringment.

Klein already showing his bias towards the Sharks, allows the Shark defenders to hold Gutho down for 4/5 seconds, yet gives the Shark six again for a suspect ruck infringment.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

That’s gold.

Love the bias by allowing the Eels player to take out the fullback and get nowhere near the ball…

Or the high shot penalty that wasn’t there…

Eels riding Klein to a season saving victory…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

That’s gold.

Love the bias by allowing the Eels player to take out the fullback and get nowhere near the ball…

Or the high shot penalty that wasn’t there…

Eels riding Klein to a season saving victory…
Of course that kick wouldn't have happened if Klein had called 6 again for a ruck infringement for the double tackle on Russell.

Moses returns and has a blinder. Gutho returns and has a blinder. Penisini returns and has a blinder. And Parra look like a good team again.

I couldn't believe that Parra dropped (?) Penisini for Harper last week. Harper's rubbish, isn't he, and Penisini is one of the better centres in the comp. Much better from Parra with Moses back in fine form, but the weaknesses of both sides are there for all to see. For Parra, the way Sharks wingers strolled in without a glove being laid on them must be a worry, and the Sharks' defensive credentials took another battering this week. Still an entertaining watch, though; Moses and Kennedy are both wonderful players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back