NTFL 2018/19

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be interesting to see how he goes. NT news loves to cause a bit of drama, so no surprises they run the headline as "former Brisbane lions player and convicted drug dealer Jason Roe...". Honestly, they should be happy that there is someone with good AFL experience, and a local, getting the job.

Besides, yes drugs are drugs and I'm not challenging the legalities of his action, but didn't he just buy a bag of weed and sell a bit to a mate? Seems a bit harsh they are dragging him through the mud for what was probably just a lapsed judgement after losing his AFL career . Correct me if im wrong though!

I think he was selling it to the communities but don't quote me, I'm all for giving people a second chance and we all muck up but given the problems we have with young indigenous people and drugs/alcohol it is not a good look at all

I think he was selling it to the communities but don't quote me, I'm all for giving people a second chance and we all muck up but given the problems we have with young indigenous people and drugs/alcohol it is not a good look at all

Ahhh yeah well that's different. If it was just him buying it and then giving a bit to a mate, it's certainly bad. But selling it onto other people, especially communities, is just crazy and i guess he would deserve all the scepticism and controversy.

Big rumors that Cyril Rioli will be in the Green and Gold soon, been training at the Club. Looks very skinny also which is concerning since he only walked away from the AFL 6 months ago.

God i hope it isn't this week :( Can't wait to see him running around in the NTFL, but just not against Palmerston haha

Yeah him and Heath Culpitt where doing it for years before they got caught.

Will be interesting to see how he goes. NT news loves to cause a bit of drama, so no surprises they run the headline as "former Brisbane lions player and convicted drug dealer Jason Roe...". Honestly, they should be happy that there is someone with good AFL experience, and a local, getting the job.

Besides, yes drugs are drugs and I'm not challenging the legalities of his action, but didn't he just buy a bag of weed and sell a bit to a mate? Seems a bit harsh they are dragging him through the mud for what was probably just a lapsed judgement after losing his AFL career . Correct me if im wrong though!

It was a few hundred grams, which is definitely a traffickable amount. The article has been taken down though.

Yeah him and Heath Culpitt where doing it for years before they got caught.

It was a few hundred grams, which is definitely a traffickable amount. The article has been taken down though.

Few hundred grams is a different story. That would be in the tens of thousands street value i'd imagine. He's lucky he didn't face any time for it! What an idiot

Few hundred grams is a different story. That would be in the tens of thousands street value i'd imagine. He's lucky he didn't face any time for it! What an idiot

He had an 18 month suspended sentence, and yeah, an ounce (28 grams) is about $300 to $400 up here.

The fact is him and Culpitt ratted out another guy who took the gaol sentence. I see Culpitt around town with a massive smirk.

Roe should have done time but Thunder stepped in and advocated.

I heard he gets on the gear every now and again so hope he puts that to the side now

What a round of shocks! Tiwi over Buffs and Tahs over Districts. Holy moly!

Makes up for Palmerston's shocking game against Saints. This is why i love Darwin footy, you can just never be certain on anyone

credit where credit is due I think the league have made the right move with the fly in and points system, the standard might drop a little but is a small price to pay for more young local blokes getting a game and an even league

credit where credit is due I think the league have made the right move with the fly in and points system, the standard might drop a little but is a small price to pay for more young local blokes getting a game and an even league

Hope we see a couple of those youngsters get picked up today in the draft. Reckon any are a chance?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope we see a couple of those youngsters get picked up today in the draft. Reckon any are a chance?
doubt it might be a couple near the end worth a chance but I think not, no riolis or longs this year, Timmy mosquito who is a champion for tahs had a cousin drafted to Essendon young Irving mosquito

doubt it might be a couple near the end worth a chance but I think not, no riolis or longs this year, Timmy mosquito who is a champion for tahs had a cousin drafted to Essendon young Irving mosquito

Shame we didn’t get any. Nyhuis in the rookie draft was the only one and we can’t really count it. These kids are guns, I just don’t get it. Is that AFL paranoid about go home factor more these days?

These kids have no choice but to head down to Victoria or South Australia, no one is getting drafted directly from the NT. Nyhuis was the exception, but he was a mature selection with a number of seasons at NT Thunder under his belt.

Olango went down to Box Hill, Bailey went to Norwood, Parfitt went to North Adelaide, D.Rioli went to North Ballarat, W.Rioli went to Glenelg, McDonald-Tipungwuti went to Gippsland, May went to Melbourne Grammar, Maurice Rioli Jr is at Scotch atm.

These kids have no choice but to head down to Victoria or South Australia, no one is getting drafted directly from the NT. Nyhuis was the exception, but he was a mature selection with a number of seasons at NT Thunder under his belt.

Olango went down to Box Hill, Bailey went to Norwood, Parfitt went to North Adelaide, D.Rioli went to North Ballarat, W.Rioli went to Glenelg, McDonald-Tipungwuti went to Gippsland, May went to Melbourne Grammar, Maurice Rioli Jr is at Scotch atm.

It's a real shame isn't it? Even then, Nyhuis is probably on his last legs without even getting much of a chance. Maybe the NT should be campaigning like Tasmania to get it's own team. Imagine the support Thunder could gain if they were AFL and not just NEAFL

It's a real shame isn't it? Even then, Nyhuis is probably on his last legs without even getting much of a chance. Maybe the NT should be campaigning like Tasmania to get it's own team. Imagine the support Thunder could gain if they were AFL and not just NEAFL

No chance, we dont have the population for a start. Plus, why would a 22 year old from Melbourne in the prime of his life want to live in Darwin?

No chance, we dont have the population for a start. Plus, why would a 22 year old from Melbourne in the prime of his life want to live in Darwin?

haha yeah i know just a pipe dream. As crap as the Gold Coast are etc. they have a growing population that could potentially be converted. The NT will never have it. Who knows if the NEAFL is even sustainable. if the AFL make their reserves comp, the NEAFL might cease to exist

ii

I still think thunder is great for any 16-19 year old nt boy, if he is going well against neafl players at a young age he should get some interest from down south, trouble is the whole nt population is same as a zone in Vic or SA and young blokes that go ok up here are up against boys a yard quicker ten kilos heavier and six inches taller than them but recruiters like to have them going to school down south where they can keep an eye on their progress

three reasonably close games in triple header which was good with wins to tigers tahs and buffs, see what happens between crocs and palmy today

And we got absolutely destroyed :( Good one palmy, great way to ruin a great weekend of footy haha

shows the difference between a team loaded up and one that is a bit patchy, districts and nightcliff seem to be steadily improving with the aim of peaking at the right time

9 games in now. Reckon Districts and Tigers are shoe-ins for the GF?

9 games in now. Reckon Districts and Tigers are shoe-ins for the GF?
well they reckon things pick up after Xmas but the wheels would have to fall off pretty dramatically for crocs and tigers not making it, buffs or possibly Tiwi might get some momentum after the break, it's funny usually this time of year there is a couple of teams out of the finals race but this year everyone can still make finals especially if they have a purple patch and get a few wins on the trot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back