Number 35 - Tim Ruffles (pick 68 2008 ND)

Remove this Banner Ad

Just remember Ruffles wouldnt be on our list had that hack who plays for Port not left us ;)

Sorry I have not seen any footage but just what sort of player is this guy? A smallish, dynamic foward I gather. Anyone he is reasonably compared to?

Seems like a lot of love so I gather not just one good WAFL match.

Didn't Harvey try and get him (the hack) to sign a 2 year deal?

The thing is "the hack" probably would have been better for us than Port. If he stayed, it would mean he stayed to actually play football (having said that we're still actually in front with the extra spot opening up for the draft). Going to Port was just a meal ticket to move to Adelaide to shut his missus up. Gets a year on an AFL list and a nice down payment on a Norwood townhouse.

Sorry I have not seen any footage but just what sort of player is this guy? A smallish, dynamic foward I gather. Anyone he is reasonably compared to?

Seems like a lot of love so I gather not just one good WAFL match.

Yes. Pretty wiry sort a bloke but goes in hard, has very nice balance and can shrug off the tackles despite his lack of body size. Doesn't shirk a contest as shown when he went down in a marking contest at Leederville a few weeks back.

Has played a few good games for Perth although was held up with concussion and is right back in form now. I reckon Harvs should give him a crack in a game or two this year to see how he goes.

Thing that impressed me the most was in the article on his game with comments from Andrew Jarman they mention the first incident where he was KO'd.

Here it is with the commentary below http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx?MenuID=12&ContentID=148131

Fremantle-listed livewire Tim Ruffles would have experienced a sense of deja vu as he flew for a mark early in the third term against East Perth at EFTel Oval on Saturday.

The 18-year-old Perth forward was matched up on young Royal defender Curtis Martin – the same player that left him severely concussed and in hospital after a sickening collision in round five.

Ruffles woke from that clash thinking he was still 16 and with no memory of the match or that he was living in WA.

With history threatening to repeat itself on Saturday, Ruffles leapt for another mark and clashed heavily with Martin and a second East Perth opponent before the pack crashed to the ground.

This time Ruffles stood up from the contest, going on to kick two goals for the term and five for the game as the Demons romped home to win 15.19 (109) to 8.13 (61).

187086.jpg

Tim Ruffles middle.... seriously looks like the small kid who runs through the banner with the team at the start of the match..... only this one stayed on and played :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He reminds me of one of those guys that everyone played either high school or junior footy with - the absurdly little bloke who gets on the ground and immediately starts elbowing the biggest possible opposition player in the ribs.

That bit of play to set up our only goal in what was otherwise a comedy quarter was something very special. Hopefully the knee isn't too serious!

Loved seeing him running back with the flight of the ball as Glass came charging out at him.

Doesn't take a backwards step at all and I love the way he goes about it.

Hope the knee isn't serious Timmy

Nice interview. I like this kid a lot. Hope his recovery goes smoothly and he's back in the team some time late next year.

According to an article in today's Worst he says he's aiming to be back round 4 to 6 next year. Also says he's going to spend the down time putting some muscle on.

Withhis attitude and determination it wouldn't surprise me if he's back early to mid year next season.

Can't keep a good Ruffles down

Great interview and has lifted my spirits somewhat. Timmeh has what it takes (i believe) and has a great attitude. Seems well liked around the club by players and coaches alike. Just watched the replay of the game and when Tim went down, the camera went to Harves in the box and his face told the story. Was looking like a concerned father tbh.

I hope his surgery goes well today and he is back in high spirits soon.

I think Ruffles doing his knee will be good for player morale.

It will force the younger crop of players to stop taking their time on the list for granted.

Ruffles being shot down in his prime will act as a wake up call among various "water tredders" at the club that need a kick up the arse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back