Number 35 - Tim Ruffles (pick 68 2008 ND)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Ruffles doing his knee will be good for player morale.

It will force the younger crop of players to stop taking their time on the list for granted.

Ruffles being shot down in his prime will act as a wake up call among various "water tredders" at the club that need a kick up the arse.

God you're an idiot :thumbsdown:

I think Ruffles doing his knee will be good for player morale.

It will force the younger crop of players to stop taking their time on the list for granted.

Ruffles being shot down in his prime will act as a wake up call among various "water tredders" at the club that need a kick up the arse.

lol wow that's disgraceful:eek:

To be on the LTI list how long do you have to be out for. And does it start from pre-season or round 1?

Good question. Depends what the return plan is for him, they might have him pencilled in for more WAFL games.

Not sure if a player can stay on the LTI list if he's playing in a lower grade. Be good if someone can confirm.

Docker Clint as I understand it once a player is back playing at even a lower level they cannot be on the LTI any longer. If this was the case other teams would have placed any first year player who hasnt got a chance of playing a senior game on the LTI.

Here's hoping Ruffles comes back to the big leagues before seasons end either way

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Glad to have him back. I've had a soft spot for little Timmeh ever since he ran back with the flight of the ball to take that suicidally courageous mark in the derby.

Any word on Ruffles? Couldn't find his name on the injury list but haven't heard of him playing any WAFL footy either. Wouldn't think we would persist with him past this year given his run with injuries and stuff..

I'm reluctant to give up on Tim despite his tiny size and the not inconsiderable matter of two consecutive knee reconstructions. Back in 2009 (just before he did his knee) I was at a Perth V East Perth game and he kicked 5 playing across half forward and what stuck in my mind was the way the East Perth defenders seemed to panic every time he got near the ball (with good reason on that day) which struck me as quality associated with a real AFL livewire forward. From memory it was that performance that led to his call up for the derby where he kicked the sealer and did his ACL.
It's a pity he body doesn't seem to be able to stand up to AFL footy, but we can only hope.
<passage of time>
The match stats are up on the WAFL site, he kicked 5.3 from 16 touches. Looks like the Goo played in the match as well although I don't remember him standing out. Drum was also playing (he was rubbish). Oh and Clarkey too! I remember telling my mate at the time I though we had a potential star here. (Don't believe me? Didn't think so.)

The game he did his knee the first time said it all.

Nearly gets killed taking one of the most courageous marks a first year player has ever taken.

Kicks a miracle goal.

And then crumples in a heap on the wing.

One of the purest football talents I think this club has seen. But sometimes the mind knows what the body doesn't, and compensates for that. He's worth giving a bit of time to, I reckon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back