Number 39 - Casey Sibosado (Pick 3 2008 RD)

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to hear. He didn't get many possies. Was he good defensively?

Couldn't tell you off the top of my head how many possessions but he worked hard and spoiled well. The problem was that East Perth were so dominant he was never going to look like a superstar. I wouldn't worry, this bloke will be playing for Freo next year on a regular basis. I'd replace Grover with Siba.

Couldn't tell you off the top of my head how many possessions but he worked hard and spoiled well. The problem was that East Perth were so dominant he was never going to look like a superstar. I wouldn't worry, this bloke will be playing for Freo next year on a regular basis. I'd replace Grover with Siba.

I reckon Grover will go around again. At this stage I think it's more likely we'll need to replace Tarrant. No special knowledge, just a feeling based on what he's said in the past about no wanting to go on if his body's not up to it.

Thanks guys, i really hope he can force his way into contention for a starting birth at some stage during the year

Thanks guys, i really hope he can force his way into contention for a starting birth at some stage during the year

That'd be great. My dream situation is that he shows awesome WAFL form, but the form of Grover, MacPharlin and Johnson keep him out; Grovers retirement at season end freeing up a role for Sibo on the list, who is now hungry and committed.

It's been very quiet on the Casey front for the past fortnight, what's happened to him/
Has he got an injury or just not doing much that warrants a write-up?:confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really thought this guy would be something special when you blokes drafted him. It's a shame he hasnt been able to crack a game yet. What's been his problem? I felt he was going to be an awesome FP, but I think someone said he is playing down back now?

He's seemingly a poor mans Michael Johnson. Can potentially take the game by the horns and will it to his teams advantage but too often rests on his laurels & coasts on by. Extremely talented but just doesn't show it often enough and has found himself treading water for the past year or 2 periodically being on the verge of being dropped to the reserves for his efforts. He's shown a bit down back as a rebounding defender with good disposal but inconsistency has been a big problem.

I've seen him play a lot of football for Perth in the last 2 seasons and since being switched forward in the second half of this season he has definitely shown some flare and looks more comfortable as a forward than a backman. He really looks like a natural when kicking for goal, you know when some players just don't look comfortable but he does as we saw in his first kick in AFL football.

His downside is he is a bit soft for a bloke of his size and rarely holds a contested mark. Just doesn't seem to have strong hands and doesn't attack the contest hard enough for mine. But he might be worth persevering with.

I know this might sound crazy, but I reckon he could even fulfill role as the second "small" forward, because of his speed, x factor and ability to kick goals on the turn - we really need someone who can kick goals from crumbs...

Definitely think he offers more on our senior list than any of Crowley, Hinkley and Bollenhagen so I hope they promote him!!!

I actually think Bollenhagen has a lot of potential. I'd probably have Sibosado ahead of both Hinkley and Crowley though.

I've got Sibosado in the same boat as Walters. If he can get his fitness up to scratch then he could be absolutely anything. After 3 years on the list though, he could only play out half a game of footy at AFL level. That says to me he just doesn't work hard enough.

I actually think Bollenhagen has a lot of potential. I'd probably have Sibosado ahead of both Hinkley and Crowley though.

I've got Sibosado in the same boat as Walters. If he can get his fitness up to scratch then he could be absolutely anything. After 3 years on the list though, he could only play out half a game of footy at AFL level. That says to me he just doesn't work hard enough.

Yeah I like Bollenhagen as well but there is a bit of a question mark over whether he can get his body right for AFL but I definitely prefer him to Crowley/Hinkley and hopefully the club feels the same way.

And you're right again I'm not sure if Sibo works hard enough he should be fit for a game after 3yrs!!!

Bucovaz, Roberts, both came into our playing list with injuries, seems strange to pick guys who are not ready to play in their first-second year.
If Sibo, Walters, Bucovaz, are not fit enough to play AFL after years on our list then there is a problem, with the players or our fitness program.
I think there is a bit of MIchael O'Loughlin in Sibo, Bucovaz was brought in for the last game, but his WAFL form was ordinary, and I think he would be better suited in defence.
Both are worth persisting with for another year, but on notice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back