Number 39 - Casey Sibosado (Pick 3 2008 RD)

Remove this Banner Ad

He owes me $15.50 for having to endure that 'Snakes on a Plane' movie..

Come on Kram, be honest. You went to see 'Snakes on a Plane' and you were unhappy with the movie? It was a total pisstake and lets be honest, you got great value for money. There were shitloads of snakes on that plane.LOL

Samuel.L.Jackson was always awesome (awesome guy too) and I got excellent snake/dollar ratio when you weigh it up. Cant wait for the sequel. 'Snakes on a Train' !!!

Bradesmaen, you are a total punk! I will be coming to Adelaide to watch Freo play this year. It would be an excellent opportunity to catch up. You keep shooting that mouth off in my direction I will make sure that we do.

Now, finally! This has got WAY off track. Casey Sibosado is my buddy (cp3_jr and estibador's a well) we are here to discuss his progress as a footballer and performances. 2010 is an important year for him, while he is a talent, he is a very raw product. I certainly hope that we can get the best out of him because our forward line needs another talented KP player lets hope that Casey is our man!

You had better learn how to read Wizard, I compared your ill informed thoughts to Emma Quayle's. The AFL world recognises her as an expert of young talent. How is your AFL rating going Wizard? Right up there with Bradesmaens I think. A whole lot of useless snipes and critisism.

Good to see that you are free to contradict yourself in your own thread. Any danger that you will admitting that you are wrong when Casey starts to fire this year? Not a chance!

I would also like to point out at this point that our beloved Casey is a ROOKIE player and you are comparing him to Top ten draft picks. Casey has had one season with Freo, give him time to develop. Do you think that Sandilands became the awesome player that he is now immediately? No! Some players (especially KP and Ruckmen) take time to become confident in their bodeis after continual growth.

All the best for Casey in 2010. Anyone who wishes otherwise is a dirty dog who has no business being on this board or thread!

I was wrong on Hill, thats pretty obvious. But everyone gets a few wrong occasionally.

Whose comparing Casey to a top 10 pick? I certainly didn't, but the way some carry on around here you would be mistaken for thinking he was. He won't play a game for us.

watched casey closely when at training last week, in the practice match drill he kicked 4 and looked great, spoke to barry mitchell about him. mitchell said straight up, he has talent, but is a long way off..... apparently they changed his body shape this year as well which will take getting used to

Ok... a little belated but Sibo watch has begun again.

Started back in the ressies last week and unfortunately looks like he played like a man who belongs at that level at the moment.

Ressies R1:

4 disposals - 4 kicks, 0 handballs, 3 marks and 0.1 goals

Another quietish day for Sibo today. I'm not sure where they're playing him but 0 goals from 2 ressies games isn't a great start for a guy we're hoping will develop into a key forward.

Ressies R2:

11 disposals - 6 kicks, 5 handballs, 3 marks and 0.0 goals

Season average (ressies):

7.5 disposals - 5 kicks, 2.5 handballs, 3 marks and 0 goals

Goals - 0

Sibo played in the backline last week. The WAFL wrap up on the offical site had this.

Casey Sibosado (reserves)
We decided after last week's game that we'd like to try Casey down back, so we spoke to Claremont and this week he had a go at centre half-back. He had a good first half, beating his opponent, and his starting positions also improved. We’re educating him on how to play defensively and the move will help him when he goes forward. We'll play him there for a good period of time and Claremont were also happy with him.

I doubt we would be aiming to turn him into a defender though. I think that seeing first hand how defenders go about their game is a great way for a forward to learn how to best win their future battles.

Matthew Pavlich is a freak and probably a poor example here, but I often wonder if he would've been the same player if he wasn't forced to spend so much time at fullback early in his career.

Everything is right in the world again now we know the stats aren't telling the full story of our new star backman's progress.

His numbers this week look quite respectable in that case and no doubt he's doing a Taz-like blanketing job on whichever poor sap he lines up on.

Ressies R3:

14 disposals - 3 kicks, 11 handballs, 2 marks

Season average (ressies):

9.6 disposals - 4.3 kicks, 5.3 handballs, 2.6 marks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are right about the stats not stating everything and though he has gone back he is a long, long way back and don't think he will make it to at the next level anytime this season or so and by that next level I mean league in the WAFL.....would be a real long shot at this point.

You are right about the stats not stating everything and though he has gone back he is a long, long way back and don't think he will make it to at the next level anytime this season or so and by that next level I mean league in the WAFL.....would be a real long shot at this point.

I've got high hopes for Sibo - sure right now he isn't racking them up in the WAFL or kicking bags of goals. But from reading WAFL reports, I got the impression that the dockers staff asked him to be played in defence to learn the fundamentals of the game. This guy has no problem kicking magical goals, but I think some time spent in defence will improve his consistency.

This guy has talent. Emma Quayle rated him at 25 in the draft, and we took him ahead of all our other rookies - who are all tearing it up.

Over the off season it looks like he's got his body built up, hopefully throughout the rest of the year he can develop his game and make it into the league side.

I would of liked to have seen Casey sent to another WAFL side this season. Claremont are very strong this year and his opportunities will be quite limited there (as far as playing league goes).

How far off is he from playing league do you think. Does he play CHF for Claremont.

How far off is he from playing league do you think. Does he play CHF for Claremont.

Brad Lloyd had this to say about him in his last report (from a week ago):

"We decided after last week's game that we'd like to try Casey down back, so we spoke to Claremont and this week he had a go at centre half-back. He had a good first half, beating his opponent, and his starting positions also improved. We’re educating him on how to play defensively and the move will help him when he goes forward. We'll play him there for a good period of time and Claremont were also happy with him."

I agree. He has stagnated a bit in the forward line. Its easy to get away with being lazy up forward, whereas in defence you have more pressure to be accountable. Never know, he could do a Taz and turn into a gorilla of a backman. Would lay to rest a lot of the concerns some of us have about who replaces Taz/Mcpharlin/Grover when they retire.

It's not his talent that I am concerned about, its more his attitude....

I rate Emma Quayle but as Barlow has shown testing doesn't show everything about a player, don't get me wrong I would love to see him make it and would certainly be a boost to KPP stocks but just don't think he will get there..

I would be surprised if he is retained as a rookie after this year....

Watching this guy yesterday, he seems as good as any FB prospect going around. Has all the athletic qualities (Height, speed and power) with the very handy extra of being able to clear from the backline with precision. Looks very confident and his attitude appears to have really turned around.

IMO has really turned his chances around from being an elusive talent to being a really promising player and should definitely elevated at the end of the season.

How far off being ready to play AFL do you feel he is Ysaye?

Just my opinion, but Sibosado could be more than useful as a 3rd defender / rebounding defender right now however I think though his development to an AFL KP defender is probably a year off. I have been really impressed the last few games I have seen.

I agree Ysaye. He'd be handy at the moment but it's probably better for his long term development for him to learn more about playing key defence in the WAFL against some lower class forwards than those you find at AFL level.

It's unfathomable that he couldn't even get a game in the firsts at WAFL level only a few months ago. Big ups to Andrew Jarman and the rest of the Demons' staff for taking him on board at Perth and fast forwarding his development.

Just remember I've been his buddy for two years - long before all you bandwagon jumpers came along.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back