Number 39 - Casey Sibosado (Pick 3 2008 RD)

Remove this Banner Ad

That makes 2 of us Esti.

Yep we've got proper Sibo cred.

Not like these johnny-come-lately's with their brand new Sibo merchandise they only bought yesterday that still have the price tags hanging off them.

Yep we've got proper Sibo cred.

Not like these johnny-come-lately's with their brand new Sibo merchandise they only bought yesterday that still have the price tags hanging off them.

Esti it really looks like there is goign to be a rush to be his buddy next year. Here is hoping that we get a good draw. This guy is going to be a very important player for us in the future. More GOLD being mined from the Rookie List.:D:thumbsu:

I have been a big fan of his from the outset as well, highlighted by my first rd buddy selection this season. Seems to be putting it all together and his disposal is very good. Should be on the main list and playing in purple next season imo.

I went to watch him in the reserves last year several times and I've been to all of his WAFL games this year that I could get to. I even wrote about his warmup in my scratch match report at the start of 2009 so don't give me your Sibo cred elitism :)

And Kev the reason he couldn't crack a senior game at Claremont was because he was being played as a forward in the ressies and looked like he wanted to run away from the thing most of the time. Playing him down back is a master stroke. Has forced him to the contest where he is of course pretty damm good. Now he's got some confidence he's developing an appetite for the contest.

I'd like to see him develop in the WAFL as a swingman, go forward when the matchups allow and put a few goals on the board.

You could certainly argue a case for Sibosado>Grover

Won't happen this year, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him push Groves out next year. Hope he gets elevated. Would be hard living interstate on a rookie wage. Hopefully no Melbourne clubs try to lure him back.

I'd like to see him develop in the WAFL as a swingman, go forward when the matchups allow and put a few goals on the board.

Apart from a few exceptional Ruck/Mid->Forward swingmen, very few have successful careers playing as such. Would rather he just became a very successful backman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the Kimberley (lots of Sibosado's up there), played for the NT because NT gets concessions due to small pop. Went to boarding school in Victoria.

A few big moves in early in his career. Probably doesn't get to see his family much either, and with his injury troubles last year it's no surprise he's taken a while to show a bit.

Apart from a few exceptional Ruck/Mid->Forward swingmen, very few have successful careers playing as such. Would rather he just became a very successful backman.

Was bought into the team as a forward, he knows how to kick goals, freaky goals much like Franklin. IIRC he was sent back to develop the defensive side to his game. The fact that he's becoming an excellent defender should enhance his ability to play as a forward.

Most swingmen we've had relied on marking and set shot goals. Sibo is good with the snap, not sure what his set shot accurancy is like, but if his bullet passes are anything to go by, he could become another Pav up forward.

He's a beautiful kick but very nervous in front of goal in every match I've seen.
In the warmup for the scratchy last year I watched him jail every set shot he took but when he got a go in the game proper he went to water and completely sprayed it.
Later in the game he kicked a 55 M pass pinpoint. Kid can do it all, it's just between the ears for him.
I think we would be crazy not to upgrade him the senior list. Rare talent.

He's a beautiful kick but very nervous in front of goal in every match I've seen.
In the warmup for the scratchy last year I watched him jail every set shot he took but when he got a go in the game proper he went to water and completely sprayed it.
Later in the game he kicked a 55 M pass pinpoint. Kid can do it all, it's just between the ears for him.
I think we would be crazy not to upgrade him the senior list. Rare talent.

Yep - I think the points that E Shed makes are really important. What would probably restrict Sibosado is the confidence he has when he plays forward - its the same kind of issue we used to have with Polak.

Yep - I think the points that E Shed makes are really important. What would probably restrict Sibosado is the confidence he has when he plays forward - its the same kind of issue we used to have with Polak.

Polak's field kicking was nothing special though. It was just that his set shots were evn worse. Better likeness to me sounds like Tarrant who has good field kicking, with the yips in front of the sticks.

Casey's lack of confidence looked to be across the board when he first came to the club.
Not surprising for a young man from a remote community unsure of himself and with a whole range of issues to confront not just playing football.
His early games as a forward, saw a timid player not keen to get to too many contests.
I believe playing in the backline has forced him to get involved and as he's played better and better he's started enjoying his footy and realised he can cut it.
It's entirely possible that when his confidence is up he will be perfectly happy kicking for goal.
My point is it's his confidence that's been the issue not particularly the kicking for goal part of footy. That was just the most pronounced symptom of his nerves. Playing back has been a good way to build his confidence but he may well play forward again at some point. Depends where the Club needs him most.

You could certainly argue a case for Sibosado>Grover

Won't happen this year, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him push Groves out next year. Hope he gets elevated. Would be hard living interstate on a rookie wage. Hopefully no Melbourne clubs try to lure him back.

Really happy with the form reversal of Sibosado and his development, but I would much rather Grover than Sibosado at the moment. Sibosado just does not show any body strength and is easily pushed away. Until that is sorted he is not AFL ready and would be a problem rather than a solution to the league team.

Really happy with the form reversal of Sibosado and his development, but I would much rather Grover than Sibosado at the moment. Sibosado just does not show any body strength and is easily pushed away. Until that is sorted he is not AFL ready and would be a problem rather than a solution to the league team.

Another very solid game from Casey yesterday. Names in Perth's best players and 24 disposals using his silky skills. Well done Casey, keep pushing for that contract extension/elevation.

53 SIBASADO C 24 19 5 7 3 1 0 1 0 102

Remove this Banner Ad

Back